• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rate Their Chances: Back on Hiatus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Re: Rate the World's Chances: Day 2: Treasure Planet (Treasure Planet)

Treasure Planet

Chance: 90%
With Square Enix working close with Roy Conli, and with Tangled and Big Hero 6 announced it's all but guaranteed, but as we know there's no guarantee.

Want: 90%
I want space pirates in Kingdom Hearts dang it!

Nominations:
The Emperor's New Groove
Aladdin (The Vanishing Isle)
Tron (Space Paranoids0

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Chance: 70%- Despite the sheer scale of this movie, it`s pretty underrated. It got some good reviews but it was never a smash hit. That said, how popular a Disney film is doesn't determine if it will appear in KH or not. Plus given how visually massive it is in scope, this might by the perfect world in the eyes of Disney

Want: 80%- This isn't my favorite, but I like it enough to want it in the series. I like Jim and his moments with Silver were the best parts of the movie. Plus B.E.N was just hilarious
Nominations
1. Hawaii(Lilo and Stitch)
2. Agrabah(King of thieves)
3.Port Royal

Although, KH3 is going to have the most worlds of any KH game so anything could happen.

It is?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

Treasure Planet
Chance
: 75%
I only rank it this high because of the director working with the game creators, so they might decide to kill three birds with one stone? If not for that, I'd think this world is pretty far down the list. I'd guess they put in worlds they think will draw different kinds of players, and I'm not sure TP appeals to many people.

Want: 97%
I don't love everything about the film, but the main character has always been one of my favorites. The only downside I see to this world is I'm not sure if most of the voice actors would sign on to a video game or not (David Hyde Pierce, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, etc.), and we might end up with a Port Royal situation where nobody sounds great.

Nominations:
Pocahontas
The Sword in the Stone
(either the other movie characters appearing at HB or its own separate world)
Atlantica
Castle of Dreams
The Land of Dragons

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Treasure Planet

Chance: 70%
Being a Roy Conli film makes the chances higher. As for it making it in...Well, we've seen Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers make it in KH3D so if that was possible, I think anything is possible.

Want: 70%
I love Treasure Planet, and I think the gateway to worlds that the map unlocks has great potential to be applied to Kingdom Hearts. I definitely would not want a retelling of the film, though. Pre or post story wouldn't work in this world either, which is why I'd prefer a complete reworking to make SDG's inclusion more enjoyable. It would make for a unique world considering there are so few steampunk sci-fi films, especially from Disney. That said, if it isn't in KH3 I won't cry about it.

Nominations:
Atlantis
Manhattan (Gargoyles)
Andy's Room (Toy Story)
Nottingham/Sherwood Forest (Robin Hood)
Agrabah (Aladdin)

notnow123487

Awards

Treasure Planet
Chance
: 75%
I only rank it this high because of the director working with the game creators, so they might decide to kill three birds with one stone? If not for that, I'd think this world is pretty far down the list. I'd guess they put in worlds they think will draw different kinds of players, and I'm not sure TP appeals to many people.

Want: 97%
I don't love everything about the film, but the main character has always been one of my favorites. The only downside I see to this world is I'm not sure if most of the voice actors would sign on to a video game or not (David Hyde Pierce, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, etc.), and we might end up with a Port Royal situation where nobody sounds great.

Nominations:
Pocahontas
The Sword in the Stone
(either the other movie characters appearing at HB or its own separate world)
Atlantica
Castle of Dreams
The Land of Dragons

Many of the Disney characters from movies in kingdom hearts aren't voiced by their original actors.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

Yeah, I know, I've played this series once or twice... But generally most of the main characters in each world do have their original voice actors. Port Royal is one of the few that's missing almost all of them and it wasn't the greatest thing to listen to.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Yeah, I know, I've played this series once or twice... But generally most of the main characters in each world do have their original voice actors. Port Royal is one of the few that's missing almost all of them and it wasn't the greatest thing to listen to.

Even then, they tried to get ahold of the original actors. They were just too busy with other projects, but I think most of them said that they would've done it if they could've.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Treasure Planet

Chance: 75%

Given Roy's statement about a "series" of his films being in KH3, and now that both Tangled and BH6 have been confirmed and Hunchback was already used for DDD, I'm thinking Treasure Planet is likely to be included in KH3. Given the environment and the possibility of what they could do with Keyblade Gliders in this world, I think it could work. They'd probably have to choose between this and a return of Pirates of the Carribean, though, since they're both pirate themed.

Want: 70%

I know some people who absolutely love this movie, but I think it's just pretty good. It's definitely a great film, but it's missing something for me and I'm not entirely sure why. Atlantis was the same way, they just didn't feel like the Disney we expect, for me personally. However, I do think the mechanics of the world and the environment would fit well into the game, as well as the Space Map that shows where all the worlds are. Xehanort could TOTALLY manipulate that map for his schemes, since it shows the entire galaxy in a three-dimensional view. The possibilities of that being exploited by him to locate the Princesses or something are the main reason I'd like to see this in KH3, but if Treasure Planet is not included, I can't say I'd be all that upset.

Last edited:
Awards

Treasure Planet

Chance: 55%
Since Roy Conli produced it, there's a chance it's part of the series he's working on. But apparently there's little hope of Disney wanting to revisit it. According to wikipedia, "The film was an American box office bomb, grossing only $38 million in the United States and Canada and $110 million worldwide. In 2014, the LA Times listed the film as one of the most expensive box office flops of all time. Consequently, Disney's Buena Vista Distribution arm reduced its fourth-quarter earnings by $47 million within a few days of the film's release."

Want: 60%
I'm not that familiar with it. I may have watched it when I was little, but I don't remember much.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Treasure Planet

Chance: 70%
Why: Given that two of the director's Disney films have already made the cut, I'd say there's a decent chance of the movie making it. Plus, given that it's somewhat less well-known, I can see Nomura choosing it simply for the sake of variety, as he did with Halloween Town in the first game. Aesthetically, it doesn't fit the mold of Disney films in general, which in KH is probably a boon to its chances. It's just not a shoe-in.

Want: 40%(?)
Why: I can't say I care a whole lot one way or another. From what I remember of the setting, it could make for a decent level, but I don't really follow the clamoring for it. Certainly, none of the characters made an impression on me, so interacting with them wouldn't feel as novel as other options out there. It could still be fun.

Nominations:
Sherwood Forest (Robin Hood)
Hawai'i (Lilo & Stitch)
Monsters, Inc.
Happy Valley (Mickey & The Beanstalk)
Prydain (The Black Cauldron)

Last edited:

Precursor Mar

Well, it's what Nomura plans to do anyway. I don't see KH3 having less worlds than KH2, we're on the PS4 after all.

The only downside I see to this world is I'm not sure if most of the voice actors would sign on to a video game or not (David Hyde Pierce, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, etc.), and we might end up with a Port Royal situation where nobody sounds great.

I don't see why they wouldn't, they did reprise their roles in the Treasure Planet game (although that was over a decade ago and it was most likely due to contracts). Guess it depends if they have more important things to do at the time.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Treasure Planet (Day 2)

Chance: 40%
Call me Devil's Advocate, but not only was this movie a flop and is one of Disney's most ignored movies of all time (by Disney), but a "series" really only needs to be "more than 1." Since we already have Tangled and Big Hero 6, if we stopped there, that would still be a "series" of Roy Conli films. Of course he wouldn't say "couple" at the time since that would pretty much have guaranteed Big Hero 6's inclusion, so he said "series."

Want: 50%
To be completely honest, I don't really recall this film all too well. I do remember liking it and I sure wouldn't mind it as a film, but since we have a very unlikely shot of getting 2 "underrated Disney action-adventure films based on a skinny male lead" I would much prefer to have Atlantis as a world than this one.

Nominations:
Atlantis (Atlantis)
Litwak's Arcade (Wreck-It-Ralph)
Bayou Swamps (Princess and the Frog)
Paradise Falls (Up)

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

Treasure Planet (Treasure Planet)
Average Chance: 75%
I would have given it a lower percentage before the Big HERO 6 reveal. However, with the Roy Conli series seemingly true, it has a much higher chance.

Average Want: 55%
I don't remember this movie very well. I do remember liking it. I think that it could be fun. But, it's definitely not on the top of my want list.

Nominations:
Middleton (Kim Possible)
Atlantica
Halloween Town
NeverLand
The New World (Pocahontas)

Kaijuguy19

Treasure Planet: 74% Since the producer who wokred on this film along with Tangled and Big Hero 6 I'd say so far it has a good chance at being in the game.

Want: 90% The world can be a pretty amazing one to travel around in not to mention the themes of the movie tie ino well with the story of KH3.

mittens

Chance: 80%
Conli has had a huge presence in the KH world lately, and I think they'll want to use that while they can. While they've got him so on board it would probably just make things easier to shove in these movies all together. They all have seperate looks and feels so it could work. I also think that while it's often stated that this movie is forgotten and pushed aside, there seems to be a huge online following for it and I would like to think Square doesn't ignore that.

Want: 35%
Honestly, it's just complete bias because personally this movie is near the bottom of the list of my favourite Disney movies. I don't hate it, but it just didn't resonate with me and I didn't really like the aesthetic of it. I did love Jim and Morph though. I do want it to appear at one stage, but there are worlds that I would much prefer to see before this one.

Nominations:
- Lilo & Stitch
- Atlantis
- Pocahontas
- (am I allowed to say Frozen? If not just count this as blank haha)
- Princess and the Frog

Mavxo

Awards

Treasure Planet

55% I have some hope that it'll show up. But not much. From what we've already seen it feels like the focus is on Disney movies released more recently. Tangeled came out in 2011ish and BH6 was just last year. I also think the fact it's greatly underrated is a huge factor which wouldn't make sense for Disney financially. Why use a movie that wasn't a commercial success when you can use more recent movies and generate more people to play KH because it features the movie. (frozen I'm looking at you) With all that being said, I think if there's room in the game for this world it'll be there. Considering squares new close relationship with disneys animation studio and Roy Conli it's not too far fetched for the game.

Want 75% I just watched this movie for the first time not that long ago because there's been a huge demand for it to be in KH. and I think it'll go nicely with the plot and theme.

nominations
New Orleans (princess and the frog)
Pride lands
Neverland
Scotland (brave)

Awards

TREASURE PLANET

Chance:
75%
Given Roy's "series of films" comment, plus popularity isn't the only deciding factor of what worlds go into what games (Lion King and Mulan were some of Disney's more 'popular' movies but they didn't make the cut until KH2), I think this one has a pretty high chance of making it into the game.

Want: 20%
Watched some of the movie and got very bored. I barely remember it. Maybe I should rewatch...

Nominations:

Pride Lands
Toy Story
Emperor's New Groove
Spirited Away
Wreck it Ralph

anniinan

Treasure Planet

Chance 45%

This movie wasn't a hit and not too many people are familiar with this. I'd think that they'd want to include worlds that draw people to buy this, high profile and well known movies have better chances with this. It has been so long since KH2 and the fan base is so aged that most are not going to return to this game anymore. They need new fans and better chances to get them is to include well known movies. And we already had PotC in KH2, would this be too much alike?

Want 70%

I liked this movie a lot. And the chemistry between Sora and Jim would be great. I can imagine how excited Sora would be in search of the treasure and living some childhood dream and casting the worries of Norts and others aside, just for a while. I can so well imagine him telling Donald that they can find something helpful from the Treasure Planet but really Sora is just thinking about the treasure.

I never liked the PotC and live action movie in KH but i liked the idea of Sora living his childhood dream. This would be great for it and I wouldn't mind seeing the whole treasure and giant ships-thing twice.

Nominations

Pocahontas
Toy Story
Sword in the Stone
Sherwood (Robin Hood)

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Chance: 75%
One of the last remaining classicly animated movies that would fit really great.
On top of that it fits perfectly with the story of searching for KH and could be foreboding of something bad happening.
It is also my belief that KH III us gonna end with all the worlds uniting as one again (like strongly hinted in BBS and KHI and actually and interview as well, actually it's kinda the theme of the entire series thus far in a sense).
This would mean that leaving for another planet later on in the series might be kinda weird.

Want: 85%
Either this or Atlantis need to make it, I feel like those are similar somehow so both aren't necessary.
I hope they make a huge deal out of it and you can fly with the gummi ship side by side to their ship, protecting it and such (not a super hard mission though like when you protect npc, just for the epicness factor).
Racing on the howerboard would also be a great mini game

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Chance: 40%
It's 1 of the remaining Renaissance era films but they do seem to focusing on recent films now.

Want: 50%
This film bored me. Such amazing visuals & yet nothing to tell with them. Particularly perplexing when Treasure Island is an all time classic. Part of me would rather have a Muppet Treasure Island world instead. However there is possibilities with gameplay, especially if the game implements keyblade gliders. They'd basically need a world that can show off glider gameplay in depth.

Noms:
Toy Story
Incredibles
Robin Hood
Dead Man's Chest
A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back