• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ranking the original Organization XIII members KH2/KH Com Vs Now

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Organization XIII has definitely played a major part in the series since KH2 and Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, but since then some have certainly got more development than others and although the original Organization XIII is no longer a thing anymore, i was wondering how has everyone opinions on the characters changed? As I know Top 13/14 Organization XIII members used to be a popular thing in the past, but my question is given everything we know about the characters including the stuff about there original selves, if you had to make a top 13/14 members currently how different would it look to back then. I know that in my case the list has certainly changed from back then and I thought it would be interesting to see the difference in everyone else’s opinions to see how much or how little they changed. Mines would look like this:

KH2/ KH COM

1) Larxene
2) Xion
3) Roxas
4) Axel
5) Zexion
6) Demyx
7) Marluxia
8) Xemnas
9) Xigbar
10) Saix
11) Vexen
12) Xaldin
13) Luxord
14) Lexaeus

Now
1) Larxene
2) Xion
3) Marluxia
4) Roxas
5) Demyx
6) Axel
7) Saix
8) Xigbar
9) Xemnas
10) Zexion
11) Luxord
12) Vexen
13) Xaldin
14) Lexaeus

As much as I like Roxas, now that his story over and Marluxia became more interesting than he was previously had to give him a spot in my top 3.

Axel was a likeable character in both Chain of memories and KH2 and I loved his friendship with Roxas and Xion, Although I still like the character I’m starting to find myself becoming less interested in him in recent games and I’ll admit after recent events the character became kind of tainted for me.

I still don’t find Luxord a good character in my opinion however he seems he going to have a more interesting role that puts him higher than Vexen and he beats Xaldin and Lexaeus simply because they have no role in the series anymore and it did not help that they did not get any dialogue in KH3 and as for Zexion he so low on the list because he just lost everything I liked about the character and became boring.

Last edited:

ChaosStark

Awards
So... I never had a numbered list, it was more tiers for me, with most falling somewhere on my "meh" scale: favorite (pretty self-explanatory), cool (highest end of the aforementioned "meh" scale; I don't like these characters exactly but they're fun/interesting in some way), okay (enough interesting qualities to catch my attention, but more "meh" than cool), meh (the true "meh," where the characters who I find completely unremarkable have a place; the ones I give little to no thought to), dislike (lowest end of "meh," characters I don't care about but give some thought to if only because I'd like them to just go away already), and despised (the characters that I dislike so much that I do have some stake in their fates, if only because I want to watch them crash and burn).

KH2/Days (Never played CoM)
Favorite: Xemnas
Cool: Xigbar, Xaldin, Saix, Luxord
Okay: Demyx, Larxene
Meh: Vexen, Lexaeus, Zexion, Marluxia, Xion
Dislike: Roxas
Despised: Axel

Post KH3
Favorite: Xemnas
Meh: Xaldin, Vexen, Lexaeus, Zexion, Saix, Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, Larxene, Roxas, Xion
Dislike: Axel
Despised: Xigbar

I ended up eliminating both "cool" and "okay" as categories since I no longer feel that anyone really fits them. It's gotten really hard for me to have positive feelings towards characters in any story I experience...

We've learned some stuff about numbers 9-12, particularly Marluxia and Larxene via Ux, but... I don't care much? I feel like the stories of their somebodies are supposed to make them more sympathetic to the audience, and maybe that works for some people, but not for me (I have my own issues with these story choices, but those aren't relevant to this discussion). And as for Demyx and Luxord... they didn't do much before, and from what I've seen they haven't been doing much recently.

All the originally "meh" characters stayed there and are joined by nearly everyone else... They just didn't do enough for me to be interested. Either that, or what they did just didn't capture my attention. Honestly, it's when I think about how many characters I don't care about (including those outside the Organization) that I wonder why I keep following this series. Why bother with a story with a huge cast of characters who could be interesting when it doesn't do much with said characters?

Axel was in my bad books for a long time. He still is. But my best friend can rejoice (Axel is his favorite), for I no longer hate that pyromaniac redhead. I just don't like him and wish he'd just go away already. He can live a happy life if he wants, I just don't want to see his face or hear his silly catchphrase ever again.

Xigbar... oh, how the mighty have fallen. I used to think you were cool, man! To be fair, it's not exactly his fault that I no longer like him- it's the writing and what he represents for the series going forward. -sighs- Oh well. Maybe the passionate loathing will fade with time as it did for Axel, and he can join the lowest end of meh. I know there are people who like the direction he's taking, but... I don't. I really don't. It's not good for the series and it's not good for Xigbar.

Back