• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Random sketches

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
In my year's absence and during my time of organizing cosplay for Homestuck shenanigans, I started getting back into drawing.

I don't really have much to show since most are unfinished sketches, and probably will stay as such. Oh well. I felt like posting them I guess.

so yeah look what i made half-assedly. Also I apologize, these are taken with my phone, not with a scanner. They aren't really worth the trouble so ._."

Because the rest of the pictures are Homestuck, I'll start off with the only picture that isn't hamsteak.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Admittedly, this started out to be Vriska but I kind of changed my obsessions. I wanted to practice portraitish drawings. The shoulders are too small, hair too big, and due to the oldness of the sketchbook [it's a year old now] the graphite has smeared around and this is the best I could do to fix it. It also starts getting lazier as you go down hahaha.
This was one of the first drawings in the sketchbook.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
This is what happens when I try to use reference pictures for poses to try and improve.
I draw a butt and just
leave it there.

at least i gave her some clothes.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
I drew this around the Dave and Karkat update. I'm kind of fond of it, and even attempted to ink some of it.

I unfortunately really suck at facial structures and he still looks like a girl after inking and trying to fix that.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
I don't want to ruin her so I'm leaving her unfinished. [shh secret i'm actually just lazy]

edit:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
This was really to get a cleanish drawing of the outfit I wanted to go with for her, though it would change. I really liked drawing this character a lot though most of her drawings in my sketchbook are just too sketchy to post.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
There isn't much to say on this one. It's really messy, the hair isn't really canon, and it's just oddly drawn in my opinion. I think it's the odd angle of it, too, that throws me off.

I may or may not find more things to post in here but for now these are all I feel like presenting.

Attachments

• 2ue1l40.jpg
    2ue1l40.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I don't want to ruin her so I'm leaving her unfinished.

I used to have that perfectionist mentality, and then nothing ever got done. Honestly, that sketch leaves a lot to be desired. Especially since I have no idea who she is.

Also, your characters look pretty stiff. Try sketching a little looser, with more detailed points of reference. My sketches are typically an orgy of numerous circles and oblong shapes before I start adding details.

You drew Dagger. I like you. <3

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I used to have that perfectionist mentality, and then nothing ever got done. Honestly, that sketch leaves a lot to be desired. Especially since I have no idea who she is.

Also, your characters look pretty stiff. Try sketching a little looser, with more detailed points of reference. My sketches are typically an orgy of numerous circles and oblong shapes before I start adding details.

You drew Dagger. I like you. <3
All of the ones other than Dagger are Homestuck characters.
Vriskaposes.gif
Karkat's-Sprite.gif
Hiya_kanaya_by_saffronscarf-d37t5bm.gif

As for the stiffness, yeah these are pretty much the equivilent of doodles and I'm really just practicing on certain things. Dagger was to practice on faces including hair, chin, mouths, seeing how I could draw noses different possibly, and eyes. Karkat was to practice drawing a damn boy for once. Kanaya was a doodle, Vriska was to practice using a human reference off a picture. Kanaya is a doodle and will only be a doodle.

When I said that I didn't want to ruin her, it's because Kanaya is just a perfect character and I'm usually really unable to draw her to my satisfaction and with near no experience in the fashion shit she's into, I get bored trying to think of something to put on her.

And also because I'm a lazy fuck who never finishes her drawings.

My sketchbook is also a bunch of circles and lines and random stuff, it's why I don't really have much to post hahaha. These are pretty much the cleanest I think.

Sorry for rant, just wanted to fill you in I guess.

Also FFIX = <333333

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Also this is what happens when I draw with a pen aaaugh i hate that portrait shot so badly asldkfja

Spoiler Spoiler Show

This was me doodling around with a character I made up for a roleplay that never happened. Unfortunately I did so with pen so there are mistakes aplenty like the drawing in the corner.

This was still the planning stage and you can see notes for her last name I was trying to pick.

edit: actually i'm going to post more of Lily because I have a couple pages dedicated to her so hm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back