• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Random boredom drawing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkness of White

Wow it's been a long time
Website
lighthearts.proboards104.com
Ok, so I've told some people about this already. My current obsession is LoZ, partly cause of Skyward Sword's announcement<3 And I took the anime I grew up with and combined the two into one picture that took a couple days to finish.
So...since the image tags aren't working for me for some reason...the Link is right here
Imageshack - sailorlink.png - Uploaded by Darknessofwhite

Slight modifications using my photo program to make it easier to read and see. Just sharpening it and adding contrast cause my phone's camera killed the quality.

So...um...yeah! If you don't like it, it's not gonna hurt my feelings today!!

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
I don't know where to start.

To be honest, this is just not good, both in humor or art. The only things that alerted me to the fact that those two characters Link and Zelda were the triforces conveniently appearing everywhere and the fact that they refer to each other by name.

The characters don't even look like Link and Zelda, really. This is especially true for Link. Hell, that hardly looks like Navi even. The characters themselves don't really even have the properties that actual men and women do. Plus, the heads are ridiculously small when compared to the waist and below, really. I dunno, study anatomy or something.

Dimensions are also off. The bed should not look like that given the angle I think you're trying to go at. Same goes for shading. You have a clear point from where the light is coming into the room, so all shading should be based off that. There are a few spaces where it doesn't really look that. It looks you attempted to add depth, but the drawing itself still looks one-dimensional.

Aside from that, the humor isn't really what I'd call witty or anything. I don't understand why Link would cross dress as a woman for Zelda in the first place, and while I see you were trying to follow game humor with Navi's "Hey! Listen!", but then why can Link talk. A simple look of pure shame as Zelda does the talking would have followed the game canon a bit better while also allowing for, perhaps, more humor. Facial patterns can convey emotions better than words, it's just a matter of what you put into it.

Darkness of White

Website
It's just a drawing I did because I was bored and I wanted to show it on the net. I haven't been in an art class since middle school, so I haven't gotten to learn much. The most I've learned is from watching a friend draw her mangas, and that only happened maybe once a week during lunch when she and I weren't trying to go over wedding details.

Most of who's seen it have liked it, and they think it's funny, and so do I. I'm not too worried if someone I haven't talked to doens't see the humor in it.

Most LoZ comics you see aren't cannon. Link has always been able to talk, however, the game designers don't want to give him words or a voice really because they don't want to tarnish the impression he has on everyone. Besides, in Wind Waker, he actually DOES say "Come on!" In many of the games, the other characters will respond to him as if he did make some sort of comment, however the player just never sees/hears it.

As for the Anatomy, no thank you. My classmates' descriptions of that class are grossing me out just as I think about it.

That they don't look like Link and Zelda is kind of the point of it. Link's clothes are scattered around the room, his shield and sword near the front, his tunic and tights on the bed, a boot and hat on the floor. The Triforces and Navi were there because I was bored. Besides, every Sailor Scout needs some symbol, and the Triforce seemed to work. The idea was that Zelda likes Sailor Moon and wanted Link to play with her for a bit. I've seen Sailor Zeldas, but no Sailor Links. Being a Sailor Moon fan myself, I wanted to make one.

Also, I've not played any other LoZ games besides Link to the Past and Twilight Princess. I've seen the animated series, which has been said is definately NOT cannon, but that's about it. The only reason I know about Navi at all is because my friend sent me a link to The Abrigded Series.

Besides, my crappy art skills aside, my art form of choice is vocal anyway lol.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
So...um...yeah! If you don't like it, it's not gonna hurt my feelings today!!

Is that code for

oh god if someone doesn't like my drawing so help me i'll deny the poo out of how bad it is because i am beautiful and funny and everyone thinks so (unless i don't know them in which case their opinion does not matter anyway)

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
As for the Anatomy, no thank you. My classmates' descriptions of that class are grossing me out just as I think about it.

You don't necessarily have to take classes, or poke around muscles (although that would probably help a lot).

What I know of human anatomy I learned by myself through online tutorials and general study.

Darkness of White

Website
Is that code for

It's code for absolutely nothing except for what it said, I'm not upset.

You don't necessarily have to take classes, or poke around muscles (although that would probably help a lot).

What I know of human anatomy I learned by myself through online tutorials and general study.

I couldn't stand disecting a bird in 7th. I'm done with sciences until I get to college.

The head looked right to me personally, it's not something I would have noticed, but then I don't own any manga so I don't have referance drawings like that to help me. What I did have as referance was what I put on my phone of Link and the Scouts, mostly of Jupiter cause she wears green and pink. But like I said, I haven't been in Art since middle school, so that probabily has something to do with it. Online tutorials haven't really helped me, and I've seen several. I need my friend to sit down and draw some and let me ask questions and copy. If it wasn't for her, I'd suck even more royaly than I do now lol.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
It's code for absolutely nothing except for what it said, I'm not upset.

I couldn't stand disecting a bird in 7th. I'm done with sciences until I get to college.

The head looked right to me personally, it's not something I would have noticed, but then I don't own any manga so I don't have referance drawings like that to help me. What I did have as referance was what I put on my phone of Link and the Scouts, mostly of Jupiter cause she wears green and pink. But like I said, I haven't been in Art since middle school, so that probabily has something to do with it. Online tutorials haven't really helped me, and I've seen several. I need my friend to sit down and draw some and let me ask questions and copy. If it wasn't for her, I'd suck even more royaly than I do now lol.

so uh in true art, manga is not the only art style

and considering it's using zelda characters you might have wanted to try to draw them in zelda fashion

otherwise this happens

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

I should probably point out that manga is not the only form of art. You learn a lot more by trying to draw from real life and looking at different types of drawing styles.

Darkness of White

Website
What is true Zelda style anyways? There are so many LoZs out there, just like FFs. There's the chibi, TP graphics, pixel, and OoT graphics.

Real life doesn't intrest me any. I'm a singer, drawing is just from boredom and I'm not allowed to sing in the house cause the songs I like no one else does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back