• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rambling lunacy: The Journal of a madman

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
So, I'll admit here and now I do not consider myself a very talented writer. I mean, I have a verbose vocabulary, and a penchant for grammar, but when it comes to putting my own thoughts into actual words, well, I often end up coming off with the creative intellect of Goofy.

Actually, that's not fair. He's probably funnier.

That said, I feel as if I'm going to burst if I'm not able to put my thoughts somewhere, and since this "Journal" business seems to be getting more popular, I figured this was as good a place as any. Maybe by some act of divine intervention I'll actually make a sensible point or say something of true intellectual value, but don't hold your breathe.

And so, with that warning out of the way, as my favorite childhood author would put it.
Hobey ho, let's go.

Entry #1

Living in the middle of nowhere has it's perks, for one, it's much easier to avoid them, and for two, when driving the 45 minutes from town to my house, I'm left with a lot of time to think and reflect.

And sing along horribly to loud music.

But this evening I was doing the former, and since it was night, it was incredibly dark and, whenever I passed an oncoming vehicle, I was temporarily blinded by their headlights, and couldn't see the road, and tried not to shit myself until they had passed.

It struck me that that's a good metaphor for life. Most of the time we go along, enjoying the drive, or occasionally just enduring it, but occasionally something comes along and completely blindsides us, and we're left with no vision of the road ahead, trusting simply that if we keep the car straight, we'll end up not dead.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
I know the feeling, man.. People need to stop doing that and turn it down so they won't cause the other driver to crash and burn.. :/

Also, I pretty much think and reflect all the times that my brain hurts, lol. xD

I'm looking forward to your next update. :)

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
Sigh, I wished I lived in the middle of nowhere. Maybe I'd get some peace and quiet for once.

But you're right about the car thing. Birth is getting into the car, life is driving from birth, and death is getting out of the car. The car is your body, and you are your soul.
Makes you feel bad about those people who have short drives:(

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
I know the feeling, man.. People need to stop doing that and turn it down so they won't cause the other driver to crash and burn.. :/

Also, I pretty much think and reflect all the times that my brain hurts, lol. xD

I'm looking forward to your next update. :)

It's especially bad out here, a lot of people drive cars with LED headlights, which are like, ten times worse than regular. I hate those people with a burning passion.

Sigh, I wished I lived in the middle of nowhere. Maybe I'd get some peace and quiet for once.

But you're right about the car thing. Birth is getting into the car, life is driving from birth, and death is getting out of the car. The car is your body, and you are your soul.
Makes you feel bad about those people who have short drives:(

And those people with broken down cars on the side of the road.

Still don't feel bad for those jerks with LED headlights though. xP

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Having a "Journal" is all the rage these days. :D I can't see anything wrong with what you've written down, DM. You should give yourself more credit for being a decent writer.

I can't say, I've had those types of experiences with cars in general. I know what it's like to live out in the middle of nowhere, where there is less traffic compared to the city and not, nearly as many reckless drivers. It's unbelievable, how many times I see a car accident on the side of the road in the city or an oncoming one. As a child; I grew used to it. Nowadays; it blows my mind.

However, that is a very good metaphor. Not too long ago, I was blindedsided by something. It was a relief when things went back to normal and nothing changed, everything remaining the same; continuing on their rightful course.

Roxie1563

Awards
It's especially bad out here, a lot of people drive cars with LED headlights, which are like, ten times worse than regular. I hate those people with a burning passion.

And those people with broken down cars on the side of the road.

Still don't feel bad for those jerks with LED headlights though. xP

Oh, tell me about it.. my town is half and half with cars using regular lights and others use LED headlights. It burns me away!! D:

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
Having a "Journal" is all the rage these days. :D I can't see anything wrong with what you've written down, DM. You should give yourself more credit for being a decent writer.

I can't say, I've had those types of experiences with cars in general. I know what it's like to live out in the middle of nowhere, where there is less traffic compared to the city and not, nearly as many reckless drivers. It's unbelievable, how many times I see a car accident on the side of the road in the city or an oncoming one. As a child; I grew used to it. Nowadays; it blows my mind.

However, that is a very good metaphor. Not too long ago, I was blindedsided by something. It was a relief when things went back to normal and nothing changed, everything remaining the same; continuing on their rightful course.

That's for sure, I live at the top of a mountain so the road is winding, with a long of turns and hills. You can always tell who's used to the drive because you can see the difference in their driving skill, they're not only safer, but they're able to handle their car more effectively.

Oh, tell me about it.. my town is half and half with cars using regular lights and others use LED headlights. It burns me away!! D:

Exactly! I mean, I can see why they'd use them, I'm sure they're helpful to them, but for everyone else they're just a hazard.

Entry #2​

The future scares me sometimes. Like, can remember a time before Google, yes, holy crap, I am that old. And nowadays we have so much technology, and cities are growing so fast, and everything is evolving so much quicker than it ever has before. Sometimes I worry that, in this rush for new, and better, and faster, the entire human race is going to end up overlooking what is, and just enjoying it, and before we know it it'll be gone, and we won't even recognize that it ever was.

That, was probably a ramble, but It's late, I'm tired, but I had to get a post in today, so viola. Hope you enjoyed it.

pooping.jpg

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
With all the technology nowadays, the human race is becoming, well, a race. And what happens at the end of that race? We're all going to crash.

Sorry. I read this really deep picture book about this issue and it stuck:p Still have the book. Lol

Roxie1563

Awards
I'm like you; I remember the good old times before things went too fast. I hope we don't wind up like The Last of Us.. Judging from what we see, I'd say it's getting there.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
With all the technology nowadays, the human race is becoming, well, a race. And what happens at the end of that race? We're all going to crash.

Sorry. I read this really deep picture book about this issue and it stuck:p Still have the book. Lol

No worries! I'm always up for getting all deep and philosophical, it's fun! Ever wonder why eggs taste like eggs? Like, instead of bacon? Yeah, I just blew your mind didn't I :cool:

I'm like you; I remember the good old times before things went too fast. I hope we don't wind up like The Last of Us.. Judging from what we see, I'd say it's getting there.

Ack! Don't say anymore! I still haven't beat it yet! o.o

Entry #3

Not much to say tonight, so instead, a question, I'll give my answer, and I can't wait to read yours =P.

"How old would you be, if you didn't know how old you were?"

I heard that question earlier this evening, and it, naturally, got me thinking. I'm not a boastful guy, in fact, I'm remarkably modest, like, astoundingly humble. Seriously, if people were more like me, the world would be a better place. (Oh the irony). That said, I've been told that I'm mature for my age, to which I respond "Doodie' and start giggling. But in truth I'd have to admit that it's probably accurate, not that I want to be mature, but I inevitably am, it's a by-product of my experiences, for better or for worse. So if I had to guess, on a strictly personal level, I'd say I'm around 25.

However, if I took my physical appearance into account, I'd say I'm sixteen. Because life is cruel and unfair and it mocks you to your grave and I HATE LOOKING YOUNG!!!

tumblr_ll9qm3EwTW1qfi975o1_500.gif

Side-Note: If anyone is interested, I've had a club type thingy on here for a loooong time, it's been a while since it was too active, but it'd be great to get new, active members!

Shameless plug =P

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
Physically, I'm 17, 18. At least that's what I'm told. And people say I act that old, too. I've actually been asked for my ID once, and I was like, wat?

Kinda have to act like I'm older though, with 3 younger siblings who all act like they're two. So I kinda have to compensate for them, lol.

Roxie1563

Awards
Hmm, that's an interesting question.. I have people saying that I'm mature, but really, I act goofy and well, that's just me being me despite me being 21. I don't really care what people think of me.

You know, I always wonder why people die so young while old people manages to reach 100 years old. O_O Maybe people would just stop taking so much booze, drugs and all that, us young people could, I don't know, actually make it to 100!! -__-

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
All I have to say to both of you is *Sticks tongue out* PBLBLBLBBBLBTH! Freakin' lucky you don't look young xP

Entry #4

I was thinking earlier about this whole, "Journal writing" business, and whether I believe that I'm really so important/witty/funny/smart/special/or talented that I have any business writing and expecting people to take the time to read it. I immediately decided, no, of course not. However I also feel that, just like myself and any other persons writing, few people are so special that they can't, or shouldn't, spare a moment to read someone else's writing, just in case they can benefit from it.

I know, not deep, but it's been a long night, five freakin' hours sitting in a doctors office, just for a typical checkup. Blargh -.-

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
I haven't had a check up for years. ^_^ Never did like them, though. Doctors always scared me as a kid, with all their tools. Except for that time I twisted my ankle. That doc was cool.

Y'know, I really only started writing a journal for fun. And y here's something satisfying about writing your thoughts down. As for people reading it, we'll, the 3 of us read each others posts and discuss. I'm pretty content with that.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
Lucky xP I have a chronic illness thingy so checkups are an inevitable part of it, that or die, and, well, I've become rather attached to not being deaded.

Mambo #5

[video=youtube;PPGMk2IKG7U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPGMk2IKG7U[/video]​

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
Sorry for the interrupt last night, honestly, I just wasn't feeling it, and Mambo #5 is a good song.

... I REGRET NOTHING!!

hen-tai.gif

Entry #6

You can tell a lot about a person by their values. For instance, my biggest value is loyalty, whether it's family or friends, a relationship is meaningless without loyalty, so it's what I strive for, and what I expect from those I care for. For other people it might be courage, or love, or hope. I think that's one of the reasons I love Digimon so much, it taught me the importance of values, and how much they can define a person and their walk through life. At times these values may hinder us, at times they'll benefit us, but ultimately, they define us. And that leads me into tonights question.

What value matters most to you?​

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
Equality. I'm big on that. I've seen too much unfairness and cheating, so I do what I can to prevent anymore. Just small things. Tell a kid to stop budding in line. Even telling the truth is equality. I also feel responsible about honesty. I never lie, I just.... choose my words carefully.

Roxie1563

Awards
Values.. I'm not sure since I pretty much have them, but courage would be the best. You need to have courage to do anything that is possible.

But I think I'm just being Neku'ed today..

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
I had this whole big thing planned about Nice Guys, dating, and blah blah blah, BUT DIGIMON IS FINALLY ON NETFLIX INSTANT AND I AM SO HAPPY I LITERALLY SCREAMED LIKE A FREAK WHEN I FOUND OUT BECAUSE YESSSSSSSS.

But hey, for once I'm living up to the name of this thread! =D

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Another Deep Question. This may take some time to answer. lol. xD

I have a lot of different values and it'd be hard to pick just one.

Relationship

* Loyalty
* Trust
* Belief
* Love
* Courage
* Respect
* Equality
* Honesty
* Selflessness
* Empathy
* Confidence
* Confiding

I'm sure there are a lot more, I'm forgetting to add onto this list. To put it simply, it takes two to feel this way about each other and put these things into a relationship. This is what defines a relationship to me. It could also be said the same for family.

Friendship

*Boundaries
*Respect
*Encouragement
*Loyalty
*Confiding
*Patience
*Empathy
*Happiness

i'm gonna say this much. Loyalty shouldn't be the only thing put into friendship. Let alone define it. That is something a person gains once, you're comfortable enough to give them that.

SideNote:
This varies, when it comes to certain people I interact with or feel about in general towards either subject.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back