• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Raising Awareness for KINGDOM HEARTS χ[chi] - Dump Suggestions Here

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So if you've happened to visit the Card Sharing Thread recently and noticed the somewhat off-topic discussions, you've probably caught a few of us talking about how to raise awareness for KINGDOM HEARTS χ[chi] in the hopes that something, anything, might come of it.

Whether it works or not, it never hurts to try!

This thread exists for everyone to deposit any ideas they have to try and increase exposure of KHx in the worldwide community, whether it be discussion topics, information compilations, etc. No idea is too silly and farfetched, so please feel free to post anything without fear!

Friendly reminder that this is the #1 Kingdom Hearts website for news and (legal) resources. Let's take advantage of that!

By that I mean, KHI's networks are also available to utilize (assuming the content is reasonable and worthwhile). Some examples of things to consider:

• Do you feel there is anything we should be posting on Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr?
  • Should we return to reporting more than just the Development Team Reports?
  • How about images or content in general? Do you think fans who aren't playing the game would like to see the new artwork or catch up with the game/story?

Additionally, you can also suggest content such as tutorials or guides that can be added to the main site. Anything that is posted there will be credited to the individual(s) responsible of course.

Zeke_Aileron

Frost Vulpeus Keyblade Chevalier
Awards
Dawnbright Town, The empty room of loneliness....
Website
zeke-aileron.tumblr.com
I like the Development notes, it gives us players an open mind to see what to expect and then get mind blowned when something else releases differently than what was on the Dev notes reveal, and the progression of the game/story isn't to far in but it would be nice to show new players what to expect and what's different for returning players.
I don't think my Skills Guide would work would it?(i update it all the time, but it'll be slowed down once i start college classes in August). ._.​

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Your skills guide will definitely work :)

And that's fine. Because of my work schedule, I'm slow with existing content updates anyway.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I'm thinking that an editorial about the game would be a total showstealer if we put that on our social media platforms. It can be written like a review or a little bit of everything in the game. When you highlight that many non-Japanese players play the game as well, it might even draw more people to play, consult our guides and help threads, join, make this section of the forums more lively, and in turn gives rise to more awareness of the game!

And of course, testimonials will work wonders. Positive statements from those who have been playing the game will be a major pulling factor. Guides and tutorials would work, too, but be sure not to go too detailed with them. After all, our aim is to generate interest, not confuse people with the more intricate details of the game.

I might do parts of the editorial, so feel free to put forward what we can write about regarding the game in this thread. For example, about the setting of the story, the unions, the Foretellers, Chirithy, et cetera.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
^ For a game of this scale, would you prefer to do a single editorial, or a set?

More KHx graphics to use in our profiles would also be a huge plus.

A lot of the members outside of this section don't come in here very often and vice versa for whatever reasons, but those of us who do post in other areas would be able to wear something pretty and eye-catching to grab their attention.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
On the Japan side, it is quite difficult to spread information on this game even further.

I have once mentioned in another thread that these type of browser games (AP/BP, normal monsters/bosses, event missions, card rarity) is really common in Japan, and more and more are on the rise. There are even some full length RPGs on the smartphone like Chain Chronicle and Merest Story that uses this browser template.

This game is one of the most popular games on Hangame and that is the second biggest source of the players in Chi. But being in Hangame, there are quite a few players (4 in my old party and 7 in my current) that does not know anything about Kingdom Hearts (or at almost 1-2 game in the series) and only treat this as a normal browser game.

My 2 cents.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
^ For a game of this scale, would you prefer to do a single editorial, or a set?

More KHx graphics to use in our profiles would also be a huge plus.

A lot of the members outside of this section don't come in here very often and vice versa for whatever reasons, but those of us who do post in other areas would be able to wear something pretty and eye-catching to grab their attention.

I'd say sets of editorials. As opposed to the one-shot nature of a single editorial that may very well be evanescent and become vague shortly afterward, a "series" type would stay around in the readers' minds longer as we keep feeding them new information. This is even better if we have some kind of a publishing schedule (like once a week or once a fortnight), but this will require a great amount of commitment.

I second your suggestion on wearing something on our signature or as our avatar! That would make us some sort of ambassadors to Chi in this forum. While we do have the Chi badge under our avatar, something that's more noticeable and prominent would be even better in drawing attention and raising awareness.

This is the call to arms for KHI Chi forumgoers who are blessed with talents in illustrating and graphic design! Away with your Photoshop and Wacom, guys! :p

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
I second your suggestion on wearing something on our signature or as our avatar! That would make us some sort of ambassadors to Chi in this forum. While we do have the Chi badge under our avatar, something that's more noticeable and prominent would be even better in drawing attention and raising awareness.

This is the call to arms for KHI Chi forumgoers who are blessed with talents in illustrating and graphic design! Away with your Photoshop and Wacom, guys! :p
Something like Zeke does in his signature could too (i did it once with the fanclub). Altough i'm not that sure it would help. Coz the most people on the forums know of the KHx existence, but they just don't want to play it for reason i don't know. So i wonder if it would really help.

Or you could to the creative section and go to one of those creative shops and ask them to make a chi signature...

Eir

Awards
If KHx was going to get an English release, the only way I can see them doing it is through the iOS/Android platform. I can't imagine SE EU/NA wanting to run a browser version of the game, they can't even sort out the Drakengard 3 issues EU's having still. Have they ever maintained a successful browser game for that matter?

And let's not forget about the in-game purchases. I can't imagine them making anywhere near as much money as they do currently. People moaned about the in-game purchases in Bravely Default for example, which was relatively pointless. KHx pretty much thrives on this stuff.

Anyway, one recommendation might be to have a separate thread purely for the weekly updates, maintenance issues and so on (not missions, JRPGfan does a good job of covering those), so people know what all the new changes are?

Another thing I would like to see as well is a compilation of all the different attack animations - I know there was a thread where someone started this a while ago, but a revival featuring every attack in the game so far would be nice if possible.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
Even if we manage to increase more players, upon 2.5's release I wonder how many of them (the current ones included) will still be playing this.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Even if we manage to increase more players, upon 2.5's release I wonder how many of them (the current ones included) will still be playing this.
Well there wasn't a major drop in Chi players when 1.5 was released right? I atleast didn't notice anything. Also, multitasking.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Because in Japan, 1.5 had released before Chi did (March vs July).

Kazr's concern was legitimate, and I do think that even I might fall in that category of people who would take some period of hiatus (or at least becoming not as active) from Chi to focus on 2.5. Some of us are also trophy hunters who would spend quite a lot of time in platting their game.

That's why we're interested to generate some noise here. It's also to show people that there's this game that we can try our hands on after we're done with 2.5, or perhaps to some, even play along with 2.5.

Reminder: don't neglect your other priorities in life.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Because in Japan, 1.5 had released before Chi did (March vs July).
O... forgot that one. Well in the other countries it was released a bit later. I tought Chi already was launched at that time... not sure thought... well the majority are Japanese players, but around the world are also quite a bit players... so i don't think it will be that bad... and otherwise, more wins for me :D

Roxas358

Este es un buen juego :) , solo que no es muy conocido , pero juntos podemos hacer que sea más conocido xD , oh y las guias estan
geniales :D

Sidus

Many fans of Kingdom Hearts snub this chapter because:
-it is not canon than the other chapters (true or false?);
-Is a browser game free-to-play, ops, I wanted to say pay-to-win;
-It is not translated into English;
-Times of the various boost (GUT/LUT) are basically incompatible with our schedules for those who go/went to school/university, for those who work or for those who prefer to go out in the afternoon;
-Increase the methods of payment for the purchase of Change Munny for those who want to buy something from the stores, with other currencies, not just the Japanese Yen;
-make the game available for other platforms/devices (eg Ps Vita);
-Other reasons I didn't understand.

If they solve some of these points listed maybe, just maybe, there would be more American/European... players.
I have listed some of the flaws of this game that could solve the American and/or European divisions of Square Enix.
Have you noticed other flaws?

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
In Italy there are many fans of Kingdom Hearts, but many snub this chapter because:
-it is not canon than the other chapters (true or false?);

It's... complicated. Certain elements are relevant to the main story, but how much exactly has yet to be determined.

-Is a browser game free-to-play, ops, I wanted to say pay-to-win;

This is the standard model of all social games. You don't need to pay to play or proceed through the game (which is the only thing that matters), but you can pay to obtain higher achievements, which are optional and unnecessary in the long run.

-It is not translated into English, much less in Italian;

Yes, we definitely need that English-language option at the very least!

-Times of the various boost (GUT/LUT) are basically incompatible with our schedules (GMT +2) for those who go/went to school/university, for those who work or for those who prefer to go out in the afternoon;

Because it's currently suited more for the primary Japanese userbase. That's why we can try to raise awareness to make more options available around-the-clock.

-Increase the methods of payment for the purchase of Change Munny for those who want to buy something from the stores, with other currencies, not just the Japanese Yen;

For sure, yes. Paypal for example would be fantastic.

If they solve some of these points listed maybe, just maybe, there would be more American/European... players.
I have listed some of the flaws of this game that could solve the American and/or European divisions of Square Enix.
Have you noticed other flaws?

Oh, the game is definitely flawed; it's quite far from perfect.

Try to think of it from a different perspective! While we can point out all the things we don't like and expect them to be changed, the negativity will just continue to push interested players away, and that's the opposite of what we want to happen. Let's hit the positives first, and then work on flushing out the negatives :)

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
It's... complicated. Certain elements are relevant to the main story, but how much exactly has yet to be determined.
So far only the Foretellers right... ?
Try to think of it from a different perspective! While we can point out all the things we don't like and expect them to be changed, the negativity will just continue to push interested players away, and that's the opposite of what we want to happen. Let's hit the positives first, and then work on flushing out the negatives :)
That's a hard one... BBS Cards... ?

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
So far only the Foretellers right... ?

I'm not really sure myself. I have been ignoring all the Disney elements so far but will the latest story mission be any indication on the actual meeting between Hades and Cloud?

Eir

Awards
Some of us are also trophy hunters who would spend quite a lot of time in platting their game.

Trophy hunters, you say? I do a bit of both actually. Admittedly I do spend less time on KHx though when I'm playing something else. Just finished getting a particularly difficult trophy this morning even...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back