• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

RADIOHEAD

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Old thread's gone, so I figured in the wake of their epic grammy performance, a new Radiohead thread is necessary.

First of all, fuck you Galen.

Second of all, Radiohead is an oxford based alternative art-rock band responsible for one of the most critically successful and persistently revered albums of all time, OK Computer. You probably already knew that. You also probably knew about Creep, their breakout single from 93. What you don't know, however, is that they have other, better music.

Example A

They are also the best band on the planet. Some people, like Galen, are ignorant sluts, and refuse to acknowledge this, but they are wrong.

Example B

Radiohead are typically noted for their wide range of styles, from the Pixies-esque grunge of their debut, the ballad-laden guitar orgy that is The Bends, the sonic minefield of OK Computer, the bleak electronica and experimentation of Kid A, the dark minimalistic jazz of Amnesiac, the dancy, krautrock-ish Hail to the Thief, to the gentle dub landscapes of In Rainbows.

Example this one is fucking awesome

If you intend to get into Radiohead, realize that they're not really a 'greatest hits' band. All of their albums are meant to be, you know, albums. And there's really an order you should listen to them in, especially if you're not into denser albums like Kid A. That bitch takes about 10 listens before you realize just how incredibly beautiful it is.

So yeah, listen to them in this order. Or possibly in reverse if you're a cheeky fucker.

1.The Bends
2. OK Computer
3. Hail to the Thief/In Rainbows (These two really both kind of stem from OK Computer, since a few of the IR songs were written during the OKC days, and HTTT is similar in its heavier guitar style)
4. Amnesiac
5. Kid A
Extra Credit: Pablo Honey (hey blow out and you are awesome songs)
Extra Extra Credit: All 24 disks of Towering Above the Rest holy shit

Enjoy you bastards.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
No, Galen thinks they're boring. Which confuses me, a lot, especially since he likes Fuck Buttons. But whatever.

Kid A is my favorite album of all time. Sheer perfection from start to finish. I do, however, think it's a little less accessable than Amnesiac (I Might be Wrong, Pyramid Song, and Knives Out sound a decent amount like mutated OKC tracks, while Kid A only had Optimistic, so yeahh), so I put it at the end of the list.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
gayd-

fuck you Galen.

oh.

and i can tolerate fuck buttons. i barely ever listen to them though.

radiohead are pretty boring. i've listened to all of their stuff and there are barely any hooks for me.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I downloaded In Rainbows first and liked it pretty well. I have the rest of their discography but have only listened to Kid A, but I don't recall being terribly impressed by it. I need to listen to the rest of their albums sometime though.

Wallflower

that's when we'll explode
I can't help but get a certain stalker vibe from y
Website
www.meluhns.deviantart.com
RH is ehh...

i don't talk to people who like rise against

damn said:
british people suck

Spics suck. o wai-

Vandread said:
I need to listen to the rest of their albums sometime though.

This is a largely correct statement.

Cam said:
Kid A is my favorite album of all time. Sheer perfection from start to finish. I do, however, think it's a little less accessable than Amnesiac

-gasp- ANOTHER?!

You have no idea how many radiohead fans I talk to who DON'T like Kid A! It's staggering, considering I love Kid A endlessly. It's probably my favorite Radiohead album besides maybe In Rainbows and OKC.

also

Galen? said:
you never got into The Fall. that confuses me.

the fuck is The Fall?

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
the fuck is The Fall?

brush up on your history, nigga.
PD3347204@Mark-E-Smith-of-the-F-3892.jpg

The Fall, a post punk formed in 1976 (and still going well) is basically Mark E Smith; a typical northerner who likes football and beer. Although strangely, he likes The Velvet Underground and krautrock and has a thing for literature wat. And he's one of my favourite lyricists. If you didn't have The Fall, you wouldn't have Pavement (they copied the shit out of The Fall in their early days), therefore you wouldn't have the majority of hurr indie rock. Good albums to start on: Hex Enduction Hour, The Wonderful & Frightening World of The Fall, This Nation's Saving Grace.

so yeah gaydiohead.

Awards
No, Galen thinks they're boring. Which confuses me, a lot, especially since he likes Fuck Buttons. But whatever.

Kid A is my favorite album of all time. Sheer perfection from start to finish.

At the risk of having to face countless insults from galen for the next few days, I agree. idioteque, optimistic, in limbo, morning bell, everything in it's right place, kid A, and a flourishing finish in motion picture soundtrack. not to mention the haunting ambiance of treefingers

but without a doubt I have to say my favourite song (not just Radiohead but everything) is Talk Show Host. it was the song that actually got me into Radiohead in the first place. For me it sort of sums up what they're all about. There's an almost sinister ambiguity to it , and for me it sort of encapsulates the radiohead that I love.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
I also really enjoy Kid A, though I have to be in the right mood to listen to it all through. After listening to it several times, I downloaded In Rainbows, which I couldn't get into at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back