• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[R4-B5] InnerPeace vs. Superbia

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Seeing as my discussions with Grandsword have left me with little on what he'd have wanted, I'm just gonna go and put up something pretty basic.

Location: Something along the lines of a cross between a forest and a meadow-like area. The ground is covered by lush green grass that rises to about ankle height on most people. There are some noticable patches of flowers of various types and colors, but those will probably be disregarded and trampled by the combatants. Something of a forest has sprouted up within the meadow, mostly consisting of various breeds of evergreens. The space between the trees leaves them far between and relatively few in number, compared to your typoical woodland area.

Weaponry, Armor & Equipment: By all means, characters may only carry on them what weaponry that any typical human being would be able to have on them at any single moment. Bear in mind that if you're armed to the teeth in weapons, then you may or may not be hindered by the weight of those weapons. These weapons should be restricted to such items as swords and the like (no fire arms, please and thank you); naturally, one should only be using, at most, two weapons at a time (the possible exceptions to this would be weaponry integrated into one's armor, such as a clawed guantlet and such). Likewise, any armor one might adorn carries the potential to bring about restricted motion.

Power Restrictions: Characters used in this battle shoudl be oriented towards melee combat, and such, should have powers geared towards that effect. One shouldn't be able to level the playing field (or their opponent for that matter) with a single move, unless the time is given to build to such an end. Character sheets should be provided on this thread.

Victory Conditions: This will be a straight, no strings battle. Victory will be a acheived via killing or incapacitating the opposing player's character.

Assigned Judges:
Chromatic & Grandsword

Peace

Awards
Name: Saita Shinsuke

Appearance: About 5'10," has red eyes, and swept back dark blue hair. Usually wearing a grey sleeveless kimono and hakama, white tasuki, sash and tabi. Over his clothes, he wears a light blue haori trimmed with white mountain-like shapes and a brown sheath on his back. Also, he wears a long white headband that reaches below his rear with a metal strip in the middle of it to protect his forehead. Lastly, he wears waraji on his feet and brown bracers on his arms.

Bio: Joined the Shinsengumi at age 19 after the Ikedaya Affair (July 8, 1864). He was one to take his opponents one on one, against their regulations. But Kondo, the leader of his unit at the time, chose Saita to become the Shinsengumi's personal assassin. After the Bakumatsu ended, he was still an assassin taking orders from the leftover members of the Shinsengumi, hoping one day, power will return to the Shogunate.

Personality: He has a sort of playful side to him. Prefers to fight one-on-one which used to anger his fellow group members. Loyal to the Shogunate to the point where even after the war, he still fights for it.

Weapon: A strange sword of Muramasa's forge has a triangular blade resembling the trenchknives of WW1. The hilt and guard are perfectly rounded. The pommel takes the form of four claw-like prongs aligned in a diamond formation. It has the length of a longsword and kept in a brown sheath on his back. This blade can absorb other blades of Muramasa's forge in order to gain their power.

Techniques: (Hirazuki) The Shinsengumi's signature stabbing technique. A quick thrust that's almost as fast as the eye can see.

Power: Can become stronger and faster for a few moments by licking the blood off his sword.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Name: Edge(Tavish Oriander)

Age: His age is unknown but he appears to in his mid-to late twenties.

Equipment:
Seiun- A simple looking sword that weeps with an explicit beauty that is all that has been left over from what Edge believed once many years ago. The grey coloring of the handle and the sheath of Seuin have a higher density than the blade itself, and the sharp edge of the sword doesn't dull and always gleams in the light.

Holy Fever- This sword is longer than most swords, being nearly 5.5 feet in length, but that’s not a problem for Edge. The handle of Holy Fever is like that of most other katana, yet it has an extension for balance where the Edge can hold it from higher up on the hilt instead.

Kris Naga(weapons shown in appearance)- These are razor thin and razor sharp dual blades that Edge normal wears on his hips. Their light weight shouldn’t fool foes however as they are more than sturdy and a special mechanism inside the handle allows Edge to run poison through the blades and into the swords themselves when he strikes.

Flight Shuriken- Extra thin shuriken that Edge uses in battle often, he always has an abundance on hand since they are lightweight.

Skills:
Swordsmanship Mastery- Edge is quite frankly a master swordsman and anyone who has ever seen him in battle can explain it to you simple. Face him and die. So perfect is the way he gracefully and flawlessly executes strikes with the swords he has on hand and even those that aren’t his that Edge should be feared. The intense nature of Edge’s movement is simply inhuman, which connects further to another skill of his.

Acrobatics- The litheness of Edge’s body and his training allows him to be extremely nimble and fast and he has basically conquered the use of his own body and is able to bend, twist, contort, and move his joints like a freak out of a circus. He is quite able to perform just about any acrobatic task at hand from a triple layout to climbing the side of a building and free-styling like parkour.

Combatant- Tying into his amazing skills with his body is the joint ability Edge has in hand to hand combat, or hand to foot combat and so on. His degree of explicit combat skills are off the charts and he could easily render somebody out for the count with a single swift kick or punch, so it isn’t wise to screw with Edge, even on a bad day.

Anatomist- Simple as it can get really; Edge has extensive knowledge of the human body from studying the corpses of those he has killed and also because he wasn’t stupid and tried to read up on the body as much as possible as a child and continues to study in the same manner today as he ages.

Phaser- Edge has gained the ability to manipulate his own atomic structure so that he can make areas of his body intangible or simply phase through different types of matter by rearranging himself during movement. The extent of this ability allows Edge to quite easily phase objects into himself as well with no ill harm done to his person this causes a massive strain on his part the more he does it and the more complex the action.

Appearance: Edge is a man who normally wears a look of inquisitive nature on his face at nearly all times and this contrasts his pointy nose and chin because the expression always looks so grim. Even though Edge’s lips are thin, his bright white teeth are yet another contrast to the expression he wears on his face and when he smiles(which is practically never) his face lightens up quite a bit.

His eyebrows are practically non-existent and Edge claims that he trims them down to that size because the extra hair on his face in that area itches and he can’t deal with it at all. Upward where Edge’s hair grows, there is an extensive mess of light golden colored hair that sticks up spiked all over Edge’s head. Of course it doesn’t really grow that way, but the way its been cut and the concoction of oils and other products that Edge made himself keeps it like that the way he likes it. Covered by his hair is a tattoo of a navy blue, teal, and yellow spider web on his neck and his back has the same tattoo, but it depicts a small child caught inside the web.

Edge’s body is certainly of the athletic build, but not overly done where he is at all bulky and walks around with his muscles bulging all over the place as Edge believes that he doesn’t need excessive weight of mass to feel like more of a man than he is now. A simple attire of purple pants and an odd styled shirt that Edge made many of cover his body and an extension behind him that drags lightly along the ground also houses a belt and hook system that holds his blades, not including the ones he straps to his back. On Edge’s feet there are a pair of boots that were remodeled from a pair the One Eyed Man gave him to include alloy in the heels, soles, and toes of the boots.

Personality: One might say that Edge has a demented personality of sorts, but this would only be based on the way he fights and his quick regards to slaughter and gut his enemies. On a good day Edge is very calm natured as the balance of his mind and body keep him a strong and content individual, though he does have quite a few tendencies to space out and laugh to himself at what appears to be absolutely nothing often.

Intelligent and focused to the point of no return are traits that make Edge very dangerous but what kind of persona he has actually is all about the situation and what he needs to show to get by.

Background: Its funny how people talk about the One Eyed Man because they don't really see that he is more of a figure head than anything, but that is only because he is such a goon that there isn't much reason for him to get his hands dirty, Lord knows his shots are so on cue that she could blow a hole in the back of a man's head while their running away from half a kilometer away.

I wonder at times how I came to the position I am now and how the leadership process halted and then changed, as growing up I never thought there would ever be a time I had to sit and stare off into space and dream about my brother and why he isn't here. In all honestly the Rattlesnake gang is such a stupid name for our group and I have no idea how it really started, just that I was angry and even now have no regards for anybody other than those I deem worthy for my cause and the grand treasure that we continue to get closer to.

It doesn't matter who remembers the terror of our gang before we joined up with the One Eyed Man, but he is like both a father and brother to me which is odd because nobody can ever replace my brother, which is actually how this all started.

Martial arts and swords were always something I liked and though in this age there are guns all over the place my brother and I trained our bodies and minds in the way of the sword, something that was the result of our father being Japanese and our mother knowing the body inside and out and more so how to use it effectively.

America was supposed to be this glorious land of dreams and freedom, but when we got here it was madness and death and wars. I despised this place because it was no different from Japan or any other place in the world for that matter and when I watched my brother gunned down by bandits at the crack of dawn with his own pistol, I made a vow to slaughter those that stood in my way and never fire a gun again.

Maybe I've been corrupt on my path of finding mystic treasure to bring him back, but lots of my journey and the gang had to do with what we all want. Power. Money. Glory. Pleasure. The types of things that seem so close but are for most very far away but then I met the One Eyed Man and found out that some that had followed in his path were the ones that had killed my brother. he wasn't such a horrible man as people had said but I figured that much since people think I'm evil too.

We made amends instantly and he even told me whom had killed my brother, why, and where I could find them to go gut the bastards myself but that wasn't enough to satisfy me, so I linked up with the O.E.M and gained even more knowledge about what he and I seek...treasure. Those in our way better watch out because his guns and my swords show NO mercy.

Extra:
Though Edge loves getting down and dirty with lovely and gorgeous women of all types(other than the nasty whorish ones), he can readily admit that men interest him as well.

Edge is quite terrified of worms, spiders and red ants. He also despises flowers, more specifically daisies and roses without thorns.

Edge speaks Japanese, French and Italian along with English.

meh just a template from another rp or w/e. Anyway we can fight at anytime...

Peace

Awards
Saita sits under a tree in a meadow cleaning off his sword after a fresh kill. "Hardly worth the effort" He said as he slowly wiped the blade with a cloth stolen from his former foe. When he finished, he threw the cloth onto the corpse's chest and started to walk in a straight line toward no real destination. A slight breeze lifted the back of his haori. A smile transitioned onto his face and he says to himself "Looks like my fun's not over yet."

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
"Is that guy just like talking to himself??"

Edge had been around the area for sometime, at first dealing with boredom but then the slew of disgusting bandits that had been both ravaging and terrorizing the town that was nearby. It wasn't normally in his place to go about and act all heroic, yet Edge found that this particular group was quite nasty and he felt no shame or loss in killing the bunch in any way that came to his mind. He'd allowed but one bandit to escape and had watched the stocky man run off in fear.

It was too bad he ended up dead too, as before long the bandit got sliced up by another man on the path for no particular reason that Edge could see and by the looks of it suffered quite a bit before his untimely death. "Ha, bandits getting killed by trash like that, I love it...I really do."

When the man spoke he was close enough for Edge to see his lips from the tree moving and at that point the wind hadn't been blowing loud enough for his words to be distorted or missed by the simple breeze. The honest actions of Edge were to jump down from one of the higher branches on the tree where he'd been obscured from view by those passing by in any direction other than where he'd come from, even though to say he was hiding wouldn't be the truth. Edge had just wanted a bit of relaxation.

This new man would hopefully not end up a complete waste of time so Edge dropped before him and took in the apparel and stance that the man had, he stood with a blank expression and prodded at the man's purpose. "So I hear you've been looking for me huh?? Those pathetic shinsengumi bastards are getting lazy. I though that attacked in groups but they only sent one of you?? Go back and get some of your friends, I don't want you to waste your life for some ill cause like this."

"This will be your only warning though."

Peace

Awards
Saita looked at the strangely dressed man starting from his feet and working his way up to his face. His future opponent's overly bright hair is what hurt his eyes most. To him, Edge's appearance seemed like he was hiding something. Something that made his blood boil in excitement.

"If you're not a weak fighter, then yeah, I'm looking for you. But let me warn you, whelp. I am Saita Shinpachi, assassin of the Shinsengumi's Third Unit. My friends have better things to do than to deal with a single soldier." He announced as he took as stance by holding his sword in front of him using both hands. "And by the way, I am as powerful as a hundred of my comrades. So that means that warning should be directed toward you."

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Just another trash talker it seemed...

Edge was battled and likewise killed plenty of those. Who even bothered to talk about their ability being better than a hundred other guys?? Only those who were seasoned to get beat down of course and Edge didn't ever have a problem with that. He failed to come across a foe that actually had a right head on their wobbling neck without the need to be over the top and talk like a normal person. "Alright then."

With his left foot in front of the right, Edge moved forward and pulled out poison coated flight shuriken between each of his fingers, throwing them all at an angle to speed up the velocity that moved in, directing them from the throw toward Saita whom had gotten much too close to a possible foe from Edge to be safe and allowed all six shuriken to close in without Edge having to do much of anything. He'd already been moving from his first attack and turned slightly to unleash first a kick with thrust attached toward Saita's chest and then a pivoting kick that twirled him low to the ground to both cause more damage and to avoid possible slashes or counter attacks from his opponent.

Edge had a peculiarly long sword in use and from the ground didn't need to stand to slash diagonally upward to finalize his assault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back