• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[R3-B5] gene chaos vs. Nevermore

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
Welcome to the Ancient Archives....

Here, the records of many ancient tales and battles are kept by the wardens. They guard the knowledge with their lives. Luckily, a we have managed to gain access to two records. Both of which depict a single battle. It is an eloquent record, but I have yet to read about the victor. Read on, my dear, and you will discover the victor of this ancient battle along the Abyssal Road...​

Scenario: You will write your posts as if it is a remnant of an ancient journal. Through these posts, you will recount how the battle occured. While this does not necessarily mean you will have to write in first person, it does lend itself to that. You will post each post as if it is an excerpt from your own personal journal.

Rules: Each of you will be assigned a word. That word must be used to construct the begin of each of your post, with each corresponding letter emboldened and enlarged in the beginning of the paragraph. For example, if the word I gave you was 'KING," your first post would look like

Post 1
Kill or be killed... that was what I had lived by up until now. It was a dog-eat-dog world, and if you weren't willing to destroy for it, you were gonna be removed from it. That was the way of the ancient Magii order...

and then

Post 2
I thought that maybe he would fall for such an easy trick. After all, illusions were my specialty. However, this warlock proved to be more resourceful than I imagined...

Understand? Don't worry, your words will be long enough so that you won't run out; and if you do, we will simply extend the word or grant you a new one.

Setting- The Abyssal Road ~ created by a team of around two hundred linked magic-users of the Tower of Light in their prideful want for an inter-dimensional pathway to various locations of learning, this mystic place is desolate of all life within, and the Sentience of Magic itself lurks to entrap any wizard within its folds. Those that walk its depths forever recall the thousand eyes that watched their passage through this darkened road, and the illusions cast by the Sentience to lure those unwary off of the crooked, narrow path of magic's essence.

Any magic or power used in this pocket travel between both dimensions and Worlds themselves is likely to draw the Sentience upon the combatants (roll a six-sided die or flip a coin to determine whether the Sentience notices an RPer's character, then roll or flip again to see if the Sentience decides to capture one of the two, regardless of who cast the spell, and send them to the Abyss.). As such, the magi, and any other travelers that dare enter here must always be mindful of any ability or use of power.

So there you go. Respond with your templates (Should be some sort of magic-user or warrior to fit with the theme). Ask if you have any questions. Let's rumble!

PS. Once you post, we will give you each your key-word

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Re: [R3-B5] gene chaos vs Nevermore

Setting- The Abyssal Road ~ created by a team of around two hundred linked magic-users of the Tower of Light in their prideful want for an inter-dimensional pathway to various locations of learning, this mystic place is desolate of all life within, and the Sentience of Magic itself lurks to entrap any wizard within its folds. Those that walk its depths forever recall the thousand eyes that watched their passage through this darkened road, and the illusions cast by the Sentience to lure those unwary off of the crooked, narrow path of magic's essence.

Any magic or power used in this pocket travel between both dimensions and Worlds themselves is likely to draw the Sentience upon the combatants (roll a six-sided die or flip a coin to determine whether the Sentience notices an RPer's character, then roll or flip again to see if the Sentience decides to capture one of the two, regardless of who cast the spell, and send them to the Abyss*.). As such, the magi, and any other travelers that dare enter here must always be mindful of any ability or use of power.​

* The idea of the place (and the rolling of a six-sided die or flip of a coin; doubtful of the chance factor being used, however) is to create both limits and no limits; as far as I am concerned, your character can be as powerful as mortals/immortals can be, their arcane mastery and ability to channel vast amounts of it almighty, yet what do they know of subtle, small uses of magic/abilities?

I would suggest starting off small at first, then a big finish, though both of you have the freedom to do as you wish within this timeless Realm. Your pride of power may just have the Sentience take you a little early. . or any chance of escaping may already be too late for you.​

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

question, who rolls the dice or flips the coin? also is there a limit on our magic in any way of form?

The Roll/Flip Concept is unlikely to be used, unless Prophet so desires; as far as I understand, the power level has no real limit, the Roll/Flip was a D&D-Esque idea to both directly and indirectly force you to be subtle yet creative, and encourage suicidal wizard bombs.

Like how Gandalf died, only he had multiclassed in Barbarian as well, and his rage went off before he could heal. 8(

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com

question, who rolls the dice or flips the coin? also is there a limit on our magic in any way of form?

It will be up to us. There is no limit on magic, but one must be realistic in terms of how it tires you out and how much attention it attracts. We will be using our judgment (as judges o.0) in order to determine if you are exceeding realism in the ways we've set.

gene chaos

Name// Simeon
Age//16
Appearance// 5"3 in height and weighing 95 pounds, he has messy blue hair and a deep green eye color. He has pale skin from all the time he has spent indoors, his body frame is frail but using his magic he can argument his skills. He wears Google Image Result for http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/210x600/anime-guys-with-white-hair-207167.jpg

personality // For one of his age he is pretty smart and collected, even in fits of rage he can make calculated decisions. He's pretty cocky and has a decently sized ego.
Magic//
Simeon has power of over words, using his speech as his primary form of attack and defense, the more complex his words and ideology behind it the stronger the magic is. This power is also mainly encompassed by his will and the strength of it.

His secondary magic is summoning magic, he prefers to summon hands of various degrees from his jacket

might add a bio and other stuff but is the magic is that okay?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Name: Garifold von Steinspridirhold

Age: Young enough to still remember what he had for breakfast, or more specifically, 32

Appearance: He's pretty ripped. Like, big muscles and stuff. Which kinda makes sense given that he's a warrior. He has really short dark hair and dark eyes. His chin is massive; the kind of massive that makes other warriors feel impotent. He wears a combination of metal armor and fur, so that he can not only take a hit but look good doing it. Naturally, being a warrior, he carries a single handed axe and shield. And a claymore. And a crossbow.

Personality: Manly, I guess. He's stoic and heroic. You know, "fight for justice" and all that. Pretty one-dimensional, to be honest. But hey, who needs depth when you're just so bloody manly.

Abilities: He can use his weapons. That much should be obvious. He also has a certain type of ability called "luck". In short, this luck allows him to figure out how to use things that he finds simply through dumb look/hitting it repeatedly. And he's not the brightest tool in the shed, so there's a rich supply of that.

Umm, yeah, I think I'm gonna stick with that. I found out that if you can't figure out how to properly work in a genre, you parody it :3

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
So I'm guessing our word is "Rumble"? Forgive me for being a tad slow, it's been a stressful first half of the week.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
((OOC: See, this is what happens to my memory when things coincide with exam week `3`))

Right, let's see. I was walking around one day, heading back to the main village, when I suddenly found myself lost. I had no clue where I was going. I did bring a map with me, like I always do, but it kinda got eaten by the pack of wolves I was hunting (with great success, if I do say so myself). So I was wandering around aimlessly for a while, not really paying attention anymore, and when I looked up the scenery had changed completely, It was really eerie, and I wasn't sure what to make of it. It was all dark and haunting and mysterious. I swear, there were countless eyes watching me the entire time I was on the road. They were probably dragons. Dragons hate me. Mainly because I'm really good at killing them (which they don't seem to like).

Almost out of habit, I whipped out my shield and hand-axe (both of which still had blood on them) and stalked down the road, checking all sides as I moved. I don't think it helped much though, since the only thing I could really make out was the road. I started to get the feeling that someone else (other than the eyes) was heading my way. My anticipation grew.

Last edited:

gene chaos

....Rose Rubicundior,... Lilio Candidior!!!

These final words would be uttered be a child around the age of 16. He stands in the middle of a simple wooden room bookshelves covering almost every wall, open books on the floor, notes hung up all over the place and rotting food scattered about. Lets not forget the arcane writings and circles that covered the floors and ceiling of the room and he stood at the center of this.

He frowns for a bit, seemingly mad about something," I swore i did everything right!" he said titling his head to the left and the right in a frantic manner. He would rush over to one of the many open books avoiding the circle and the writing on the floors. Crouching he would skim the contents of the book flipping through the pages until he found what he was looking for. Jumping up, he would once more tip toe over the circles and writings to obtain something on the other side of the room. As he found what he was looking for, a red rose he would jump for joy. However he failed to notice the chicken bone by his foot, landing on it he would fall onto the main circle of the room rose in hand.

Simeon" Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" he shouted.
As he and the rose entered the circle he would vanish in a flash of light before he hit the ground....
He hit the ground quite silently, opening his eyes he noticed his surroundings a stream of dark energies swirled around him creating various forms and shapes then disappearing back into the stream.

" So this is it! This is the Abyssal Road!!" HAHA!! i knew my genius would get me here!!" Simeon shouted to himself. " Now then time to get to another location to learn impressive magicks to increase my power!!" he said the greedy thoughts already swelling up inside of him. Looking around he really couldn't tell where to head so he stared to walk off in any direction....

However he would happen to find another on the road. From the looks of him he was some sort of mercenary, warrior or even solider( doubtful of the last he looks to raggedy to be one). He then thought about how he could get here if he wasn't a mage of any sorts.
"HEY YOU!! what the bloody blazes are you doing here!!?" he said pointing at the unknown man...

OOC// sorry for the delay...

Last edited:

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
The Prof and I have concluded this:

We don't have much to go on; one post from each battler. Nevermore shows more skill with writing grammatically, but we did get a good, practically equal amount of character development from each poster. Thus we've determined the point split-up to be this, as confirmed by Orion.

Nevermore: 2 points
gene chaos: 1 point

These will be added to your total tournament score. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back