• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

R.I.P. Hip-hop ?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

matrix8140

Fist of The North Star(Freedom)
Is hip-hop really dead. we do have some emcees like cool kids and Mikey Facts that make good music but are they enough to keep it alive. Exactly who killed hip-hop soulja boy or those other fake rappers? And why those hip-hop has such a bad name now a days. With that I leave you to discussion.

P.S. were not talking about Rap but Hip-Hop

matrix8140

I kinda do myself but its still some people out they're who are emceeing(I call it that because rap is for rappers kinda lol) like myself.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Why can't you just see past mainstream hip hop and look into things yourself? There still some great hip hop artists around today, like The Cool Kids, Nujabes, Dizzee Rascal, El-P and Aesop Rock. I don't think it's fair to compare what's happening now and what happened 15-20 years ago.

matrix8140

I do but really i just want to know what other people think.
I myself think it kinda blew out of purportion(or however you spell it) because legends are still around and like you said there are some new Emcees. I think its dead really because most commercial rappers are taking over, well in my eyes 0.0 .

(?Cmurder?)

Why can't you just see past mainstream hip hop and look into things yourself? There still some great hip hop artists around today, like The Cool Kids, Nujabes, Dizzee Rascal, El-P and Aesop Rock. I don't think it's fair to compare what's happening now and what happened 15-20 years ago.

Mos Def, Common, Lupe Fiasco, T-Pain(new song touched meh D:) there are still some really good hip hop artists out there.

You should just try looking further into it, besides what is being advertised all the time

Last edited:

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Hip-hop's at a creative high at the moment. You're looking in the wrong places if you can't see that.

SiiNz

With Love
Website
www.youtube.com
I do but really i just want to know what other people think.
I myself think it kinda blew out of purportion(or however you spell it) because legends are still around and like you said there are some new Emcees. I think its dead really because most commercial rappers are taking over, well in my eyes 0.0 .

Yeah, stupid ass rappers are taking over now.
Although, there are some Emcees that are still good.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Really? It's dead? Lupe Fiasco, Eminem (who claimed last week that he is coming out of retirement), Kanye West, T.I., Lil Wayne (when he's freestyling), and Nas are still out there along with other greats. You're looking in the wrong places. Hip-hop is not dead. It's changed.

VAT14

Hip-hop isnt dead it just promots the wrong artists because of their popularity instead of the talented ones who atcually say something. Well thats the way I see it ex: Lil wayne and Soulja boy

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I don't understand why everyone's so upset over the Soulja Boy songs. It's not like they're horrible. When in fact, they're only dance songs. You take out the lyrics and the song is the same..

That aside, Hip-Hop won't die. It'll only grow and evolve. You can't kill somthing with a collective conscious and soul. With hip-hop taking steps back to it's roots, I won't be surprised if what was once underground becomes mainstream.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
Dammit Nas.

It's alive, staying in the underground where it belongs. The mainstream garbage is killing it, but it's alive. If you're looking for hip-hop, stay away from the radio and shitty music programs.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
I don't understand why everyone's so upset over the Soulja Boy songs. It's not like they're horrible.

Woo PMF you are wrong there. his songs are terrible. yeah okay he got popular off that one little song. but without the little dance to go with it it would not have gotten much play. Good rappers dont need gimmicks to sell records.

ypur second statement I agree with though. Mainstream is nowhere as good as it used to be. Underground rap is so much better, its thhe true eccence of Hip hop.

But Hip Hop isn't dead yet. Cause I'm still rappin XD

JH

Ouvrez Votre Esprit
Website
www.khcentral.net
The man (Yo, yo, yo)on the radio said:
(Yo, yo, yo)James Brown is dead.
(Yo, yo, yo)godfather of soul, lays in his bed, (Yo, yo, yo) yeh (Have you heard what the kids are listening to?)

Yo, uh,
Woke up, (got high)
Sho'nuff (sky high)
Got in the ride turned the radio up,
Then they said James Brown was dead.
Is it true? or am I just doped up.
Know what? I'm calling my folks up,
They said he died 'cause hip hop sucks.
Ain't got no soul like a old pair of chups,
It's about time that somebody stepped up

[Chorus:]
And the man (Yo, yo, yo)on the radio said(I regret to report)
(Yo, yo, yo)James Brown is dead(just press record)
The (Yo, yo, yo)godfather of soul, lays in his bed, (Yo, yo, yo) yeh.
(Have you heard what the kids are listening to?)

Hit the studio (check 1, 2)
Sho'nuff, yo cisco turn my headphones up
I got a message for the kids of america
Play it loud in your hi-fi stereo.
Wi-fi, download the ringtone,
California love is your theme song.
Drop the guitar, le'mme hear the beat y'all,
Do like dr. brown and move your feet y'all

I just got back from a little vacation.
Grew some wings and flew to vegas.
Met a girl, took her 'round the world,
Form new york, new york to ceasar's
Now I'm sitting in l.a. alone.
I fell asleep with my blue jeans on.
I woke up had three missed calls.
They said: James Brown is gone.
(James Brown is dead)

(I regret to report,
Have you heard what the kids are listening to?
I regret to report James Brown is dead.)

(I regret to report James Brown is dead.
Have you heard what the kids are listening to?)

Shwayze is the only hip-hop worth listening to, in my opinion. Of course, I don't listen to much hip-hop, so my opinion doesn't mean much.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
You can't tell me you listened to T.I.'s Paper Trail and still think hip-hop is dead. Even Tha Carter III wasn't terrible. (Horribly overrated, but still a decent album.) And I can't wait to see what Eminen cranks out. His new song, Relapse, is already getting radio play. I just wish Nas's album had sold better.....Kanye and Ludacris both have albums dropping before the year is out, and Lupe still has LupEND (why he's ending with that album, I don't know).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back