• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Quinton Flynn's Voice Acting

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swxpert

Personally i don't like his acting style at all, if i had to pick a fav id say his reno, and thats only because reno is supposed to sound wierd to begin with. but even there he dosn't sound proffessional, and he kinda uses the same voice almost, but i digress, his RE:CoM voice is better for the simple reason that Axel is sounds evil and thats the way all the members besides Demyx should sound

Last edited:

HeartOfTheHero

i noticed that too. When i first met Axel in Re:CoM i was like uhhhh whats up with his voice?? haha, oh well. Maybe that's just how Quinton Flynn wanted to voice him for that... If Axel ever pops up again in the KH series though, i would like it if he voiced him more like he did in KH2

I agree, his voice in KH2 was better. When I first heard him in Re:CoM, I didn't think it was Quinton Flynn, and so I checked the voice actors, but still, he just doesn't sound quite right in Re:CoM

Destati

Website
www.myspace.com
Axel's voice was definitely different than that of in KH2. It was probably due to the fact that he was around different people, he pulled strings through most of the game, and had to be more scheming rather than straight-forward like in KH2 where it was known halfway through that he was a traitor by the other Organization members. I felt that when he sent Replica Riku on Zexion, we were shown his KH2 personality a bit more despite him being a bit sadistic. You have to remember that he's basically killing off his own teammates and has to probably act accordingly to how they think he should until they end up dead. lol

saix-insanefan

i really don't think it mattered at all. i loved Quinton Flynn's voice acting in both CoM and KH2. no matter what, he makes Axel sound so cool. no wonder everyone loves him. not to mention that Axel is extremely burnin' HOTT!

bscap0142.jpg

D

Deleted member 74488

I love Quinton Flynn and Axel's Voice no matter how they change it. Its all so danm sexy to me :D

Zeph

imp of the perverse
Quinton Flynn may have changed the tone on purpose.
Axel was still completely loyal at the time, so he had less cockiness. Hence, voice flatness.

In KH2 he was thinking for himself and doing his own thing, plus he'd been with Roxas more so I suppose his personality changed, knowing he could be whatever he wanted to be/act around friends.

I hope he reverts back to his normal voice in 358/2 days.

Well said.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
When I first heard the voice, I was thinking what the heck happened to it. Axel is not meant to sound like that...
Well, I completely agree with Shadowlight. The personality change had a lot to do with his voice.
I still wanted him to sound less dull.

I really hope Axel sounds in 358/2 Days like he did in KH2.

<3

Call me Love, love.
I liked his voice in KH2 but unfortunately I can't compare his voice with Re Com, I haven't played it yet.

Cinollex

tssssss
Awards
I honestly think you're reading too much into this.

This isn't rocket science; it's voice acting. He's entitled to slip up, he's entitled to make a mistake, and, more importantly, he's entitled to sound 'flat'.

Whilst it's possible that the 'personality change' (always seemed like a change in motives and means, really) could have influenced the change in overall tone, it's far more likely that this is human error. Could be a combination of both. Personally, no offense to Quinton Flynn, I'm gunning for simple mistake, the latter. Latter; he may have purposely changed his tone, and fell short of whatever he was going for.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Didn't notice a difference. If anything, I thought CoM Axel sounded less annoying.

Firo

Oh Crap
He did really good in CoM. That's how I could see Axel in CoM.
Quinton also did really good in Rogue Galaxy as Jaus.

Apollo

Silver Member
It was ok. It wasn't what I execpted or what I wanted, but it wasn't bad.

D

Deleted member 74488

And did you ever think of the voice acting side?

The directors choose how they sound. They tell them to sound more calm or rough, so he could have been told to sound like that.

D

Deleted member 74488

So the director could of chosen Quinton to sound like that. To sound flat. Really I don't care. As long as the games good who cares about the voices?

I still love Axel xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back