• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Quinton Flynn recites Chain of Memories lines

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
"It's about time you gave me one hell of a show."

I always thought that he would yell the ending bit out... If you know what I mean.

Athel

Machinist
Well I was off. I thought it would be 'Mar-look-see-ah' and 'Lark-seen'.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
Interesting. Well, atleast we know the pronunciations for two more Org. XIII members.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Was this before or after or during the making of CoM? Because this could just be him guessing the names.

A

Audo

It could just be what the girl who was "directing" him believe to be the pronounciations. We can't be sure until the actual game.
I definitely prefer Mar-lucks-eia over Mar-loo-shia or whatever though.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Ugh. Same here.
Mar-loo-shia is gross sounding.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
SCHMEX.

Though, Quinton is known to make Axel sound more sexier and devilish outside the game.

But, hell, I wouldn't mind that voice whispering in my ear all night long 8D.

A translator also said, turkish_delight from LiveJournal, when she was doing the said translation from some Novel excerpts, that Axel had a slight accent in Japanese. Here it is:

Axel's last line was a bit hard to convey properly in English... In the Japanese language, there are different degrees of formality in speech. There are formal verb conjugations as well as plain--informal--ones, and a lot about a person can be told by the way they speak to the people around them. Axel's manner of speech is usually very informal and somewhat drawling, for lack of a better word. I hear him in my head with a slight Brooklyn accent, if that helps put the image in anyone's head.

It makes sense once you hear Japanese Axel again to compare. Quinton doesn't bring the drawl much, but he does bring a slight accent to Axel.

Point? I think he was doing the same when mentioning Marluxia's and Larxene's names, with that accent. They sounded a bit odd when heard to me.

Mike

iROFL
Awards
Was this before or after or during the making of CoM? Because this could just be him guessing the names.
The video was added September 08, so I might be the real pununciation, or just a guess. I just came across it, so I posted it.

iZumi

this is actually an old video, and there's two versions of it up on youtube at the moment, but it's still a great video nontheless. can't wait for next week. <3

slmcknett

its probably not the official pronunciations of marluxia and larxene since he had to guess on how to say them (they are confusing to say right on the spot). it even sounding like he had difficulty pronouncing namine's name for a second there. anyway, it was a good video and his voice is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back