• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Quinton Flynn Confirmed for 358/2 Days

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Yeah, it won't be too long (I hope). I think it'll be around 3 months, 4 at the most. That'd basically be a season.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Out of curiosity, when is Days scheduled for release in Japan? Every time I look, it's pushed back again.

Rix

:)
Awards
It wouldn't really have been Axel without Quinton Flynn, wouldn't it?

Glad to see that he will voice Axel again then even though it doesn't surprise me at all.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
O'k lets think about this.

1. Quinton Flynn has been working on 358/2 days since october. The game is coming out in spring 09 for Japan. From october 08 to spring 09 is plenty of time for them to do complete the english version.
2. They don't usually confirm english voice actors so early before a Japanese release.
3. There is already an english site, though not it's not much.
4. Square-Enix has mentioned in the past they would like to do more simultaneous releases.

4 things pointing towards a simultaneous release for North America and Japan. Am I the only thinking that this is the reason for all the delays and this is could all possibly mean that a simultaneous release is likely?

Last edited:

Rix

Awards
Well, as I have undertsand, the making of Days has been pretty hard. There has been plenty of bugs and faults that they had to correct so I guess that's the main reason for all the delays.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
O'k lets think about this.

1. Quinton Flynn has been working on 358/2 days since october. The game is coming out in spring 09 for Japan. From october 08 to spring 09 is plenty of time for them to do complete the english version.
2. They don't usually confirm english voice actors so early before a Japanese release.
3. There is already an english site, though not it's not much.
4. Square-Enix has mentioned in the past they would like to do more simultaneous releases.

Bugs or not, it still deos'nt disprove the fact that Flynn has been working on this since october 2008 and the japenese version does'nt come out until spring 09. That gives plenty of time for them to be working on the english version at the same time.

Rix

Awards
Yes I know. I was just referring to the fact that Days was originally planned to be released in Japan last summer. But like you said, it seems like the NA release will be really soon after the Japan release. Hopefully, we won't have to wait long for BBS either.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Yes I know. I was just referring to the fact that Days was originally planned to be released in Japan last summer. But like you said, it seems like the NA release will be really soon after the Japan release. Hopefully, we won't have to wait long for BBS either.

If the NA version does not release at the same time as the Japan version, I expect it will only be a couple of weeks - month for the NA release.

Rix

Awards
I think it will be more about 2 months though..

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Another reason is that they are trying for PS2 quality graphics. Every time they get close, there is a technology jump and SE can fit more data onto the card. So they work on improving.....

I mean, look at the cutscenes! They are better looking than FF4's. And they BOTH have Voice acting.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Like I said, I give them a season of holding back between Japan's release and NA's even if the English version is completed.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Well, I wonder if the DSi verison will be any different, or come out in America as well

Radon

mofo
im waiting for the dsi bundle to come before i get a ds. thats if it even comes to australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back