• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Quinton Flynn (Axel) has been replaced as Reno in FF7R. Fan's aren't happy.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

highwind35

Quinton Flynn is so well known for his role as Axel in the KH community and as Reno in the Final Fantasy 7 community but now, the FF7 community has lost him as the voice of Reno in the Final Fantasy 7 Remake for no good reason! Fans are upset after the Tokyo Game Show trailer that he has been replaced and would love to see him reprise his role. There is a petition to get in back as a DLC option - this is not to remove the current voice cast but simply to add the original cast members back in as a DLC option.

The character will never be as likable as Quinton Flynn's character and it has changed the dynamic of Reno's personality. Think about it if Axel's voice changed in KH3 - that's a crucial aspect of the character and his personality, his voice. It makes no sense for him to voice Axel in KH3 in 2018 (a Square Enix game) and suddenly NOT in the Final Fantasy 7 Remake (also, a Square Enix game). They are supposed to share the same voice actor!

1. The Japanese voice actors are the same as Advent Children so only the English cast was replaced.
2. All the OG voice actors were available and really excited to voice the characters
3. The New voice cast is being directed to try and sound as close to the OG's as possible - so why did they change.

Quinton Flynn has supported this petition on his Twitter page and would love to voice Reno in the Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Please sign and share this petition so we can have the rightful voice for Reno! We have a shared love for him.

https://www.change.org/p/release-ad...ion-of-ffvii-for-the-final-fantasy-vii-remake

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I love the old VAs and I’m sad about them not being able to reprise the roles they loved, but they are still going to be their respective characters in FF media related to the Compilation so they haven’t been replaced permanently. I don’t think it is fair on the new VAs to kinda say “we want the old voices too” like it feels like a lack of confidence in their ability to portray these characters.

I’m going to close this thread as this has nothing to do with KH3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back