• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Quiet Minds

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tdc456

Quiet Minds
Before Thought​

Solipsism- the theory that only the self exists, or can be proved to exist

Streets once filled with noise, sat alone and empty. They relished their newfound peace as a welcome break from such trivial pursuits of the humans that tread upon them.

Entire cities sat unused. Their citizens gone and buildings emptied. No one went to work. No one went to school. No one drove their car. Not a single person was left to perform the "everyday routine." It was as if they had never existed in the first place.

Lives were no longer being lived. It was as if the world had never been inhabited. All over the world, whole countries no longer held the lives they did before.

Earth. Empty. Devoid of life for the first time since it had been created. Except for one small town.

On the East coast of the United States lay a small town in the tiny state of Massachusetts. The streets, just like the rest, were empty. But a park was occupied. A small park that anyone would have looked upon as insignificant.

In a large tree, roughly fifteen feet up, sat a young man of nineteen years old. He lifted a red apple to his lips and took a big bite. The apple was sweet to the taste buds and he savored every last chew. His bright blue eyes shut in awe of the perfect flavor contained in the apple.

The young man braced himself leaning back on his arms against the thick tree branch. Leaning his head back, his short blond hair caught the bright sunlight. His thoughts couldn't have been more at ease. These were the times he loved the most...being alone. He also knew that these times would never end again. They could never be interrupted by anyone ever again...

...for he had willed them all out of existence.

Last edited:

tdc456

To those included in the 28 veiws on this thread:
I need and want feedback on this please. Don't read and then leave. Tell me what you think.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Honestly? I didn't find it all that interesting. There was no conflict, no build up. Really, there wasn't anything that would make me call this a "story". It just seems like a somewhat different way to introduce a possible concept for a future story.

Aria

braver by the minute
It seems intersting, but like the two posts before me there's no real plot yet. Get things moving along and then you'll get more feedback on it.

tdc456

So finally got back to this story which I had been looking forward to writing for quite sometime. Hopefully some people are interested in reading it.

Quiet Minds
Echo 1: Not So Alone​

The dust devils blew down the sidewalks of the small town slowly and without purpose. Cars sat empty with engines still running in the middle of the roads. Not a single person was left. Except for one.

The blond haired boy jumped down from the tree he sat in and let his apple fall to the ground only half eaten. Putting his hands in his pockets, he strolled away happily. As he watched the lonely clouds roll across the sky, his thoughts wandered to his memories. They all seemed so distant to him now...

Three Weeks Earlier

An alarm clock rang loudly at exactly 6:30. It's annoying tones were silenced almost immediately by a swift hand from underneath the covers of a twin size bed next to the night stand. The comforter was thrown aside and the boy sat up in his bed. Rubbing his eyes, he meandered into the restroom and stared into the mirror. He ran his fingers along his chin and pulled on the peach fuzz slowly growing. After his usual routine, the boy flicked off the switch and returned to his bedroom to get dressed. A voice called up from the staircase.

"Hey, ass wipe!! You ready yet?!" He turned toward his door with a grunt of annoyance.

"Cassie, can't you shut your ugly face for more than ten minutes?! Leave me alone!!" He buckled his belt and slipped his shoes on quickly. Cassie was waiting for him at the bottom of the stairs like always.

"Look you little shit. I know dad treats you better, but that doesn't give you the right to say whatever the hell you want when he isn't around." He stopped and looked right into her eyes. His mind seemed to twinge a little when he did.

"Same goes for you, bitch. Now get out of my way so I can get to school. Don't you have to go work your corner later?" He laughed as he walked into the kitchen. A strange sight awaited him.

His dad just walked in and closed the door leading to the garage. At the table was a man in a nice suit with a briefcase on the table. The man stood as they both entered. He shook both their hands and introduced himself.

"Hello there. I know this must seem strange, but my name is Eric Bradley. I'm from the Institute for Alternative Menta-"

"Sorry, sir. I think you are here to see me. Elliot, this is private. Please go to school now. Here's five bucks. Go get something on the way at Burger Town or something. I'll see you when you get home." Elliot's father shoved the money in his hand and practically shoved him out of the front door. He managed to only hear a few things said before following his older sister out of the house.

"So why did you come back?" He recognized his dad's voice quite easily.

"There is reason to believe it was genetic. We don't know which one though. That's why we need to-"

"No! Absolutely not. I told you before, after my wife there would be no more of this bullshit experimenting. Now get out of my house."

"I can't leave so easily. They have given me this warrant and if you deny it we will-" Elliot felt a tug on his shirt. Cassie was pulling him out of the doorway.

"Come on, dip shit. You're gonna be late for school at this rate."

Present Day

The sun was sitting directly above him as the clouds parted. Elliot was momentarily blinded by the light. He shielded his eyes and turned back towards the building to his right.

His vision cleared. Finally. He stared at his reflection in the window as he thought quietly to himself. Some fuckin' peace and quiet. No more people keeping secrets from me. Just like I thought.

From within the building, something caught his eye. Elliot thought he had seen movement. Looking around, he found the front entrance and ran inside the building.

Up a small flight of stairs, he sprinted down a hallway. For some reason he felt in the back of his mind that he was going the right way.

He kept running until he nearly ran out of the window at the end of the hall. He checked every direction and began throwing open doors until he found a room which contained the least expected thing of all.

Across the room, sitting casually on the window sill, was a young man. He looked to be a few years older than Elliot. He looked towards Elliot as he threw open the door. No way. No fucking way. There shouldn't be anyone left but me. How is this possible? As Elliot tried to come up with some sort of explanation, the man began to talk.

"You've done a very bad thing, Elliot."

to be continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back