• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► quick question about work

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

did you get a rise at work after only 5 months?

• yes

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • no

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
It kind of depends on how much effort you put in your work. How nice your boss/manager is. How many days have you called off. Have you ever gotten in trouble. I dunno. Sounds a bit too soon to me.

I think it would depend on you'r jobs policy, would'nt it? Not too sure on that, but thats what I'd think.

I got a raise after my first 3 months, then after another 3 months (6 months total of working) now I get them every now and then.

You have to show your boss that you're really committed and responsible while you work. Make sure your customers are always taken care of properly, and that things get done when you're asked to get them done.

what kind of job do you work at?

Some Dude1

wanting a baby... and goin deft from's all's me's
Website
www.myspace.com
It kind of depends on how much effort you put in your work. How nice your boss/manager is. How many days have you called off. Have you ever gotten in trouble. I dunno. Sounds a bit too soon to me.

well im now the main busser... so i guess im putting more effort then the rest.

ashley(boss) is nice to me but is a bitch to others.

ive called in 11 days.

oh yea i forgot to say i already work there fulltime(dont know if that matters).

@black rose.
im a busser/host.
and have already become the head busser over someone whos been there 2 years. and a few who have been there a few more months then me.
im really commited to this job

Last edited:

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA
depends what job you have and what your position is, and how fast you can work and how well.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
to get a rise
uh is ashley hot?

ive called in 11 days.
in trouble once for texting
ok host
All signs point to no unless there is a different position that they want you for there. I worked somewhere for close to a year before i got a raise, then another year and a half before I got my second raise. You called in 11 days in 5 months, I called in 1 day it 2 and a half years. Now I don't know if when you say "boss" that ashley is the one that decides your pay checks because usually an owner would do that but i don't know where you work. I would say no to a raise this early. If you think you deserve one you need to bring that up with management.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
There's anotehr thing that really isn't working for you: we're in a financial crisis.

Everyone is starting to feel it, so there's a big chance she will not allow it. You can tell her you'll leave if she wont give you a raise, but she can find another host in 5 minutes, whereas you need to look for a new job for weeks if not months.

We're all young, so it wont be that hard, but its not gonna be a piece of cake anymore.

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
Well I was actually agreeing with what you were saying up there.

And yeah, that's also true :|

I guess just put more effort in your work. Start from there and see what happens.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
the economy is in shambles.

it's very hard to get a raise.
so yeah.
good luck.

so yeah, with your track record of calling sick 11 days in 5 months. that ain't good.
ive been at my place for 3 months. never called in sick. only been late once.

K

Kegluneq

Yes, however you should be able to do your job extremely proficiently.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Like everyone said above me, it all depends on what kind of job you have, if your boss is nice or a jackass, and how much effort you put into your job...but five months is a bit too soon, maybe another 1-3 months you might get a raise, but it all depends if your boss likes you or is not an asshole

Some Dude1

wanting a baby... and goin deft from's all's me's
Website
www.myspace.com
Rise? I don't know if you can get a rise from work. Have you tried the internet?

Also, shouldn't you be running away from home by now?
im looking for a apartment (the need for money i was talking about in the first post)
the economy is in shambles.

it's very hard to get a raise.
so yeah.
good luck.

so yeah, with your track record of calling sick 11 days in 5 months. that ain't good.
ive been at my place for 3 months. never called in sick. only been late once.

i only called in cause i got the flu. and i work every morning(execpt for sunday but thats cause were closed) so getting sick can rack up those sick day fast.

but i just asked to work more to make up for my money needs and ashley said ok to that so someone can close this

@blinkboy211 yes she is really hot

Last edited:

Firo

Oh Crap
5 months is to early. Most people don't see a raise in there paycheck for about a year. But don't expect one any time because of the economy. If you need more money request more hours.

EDIT:My bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back