• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Questions Regarding Terra

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xemnas the Wise

1. What were Terra and Xehanort talking about in Blank Points (Japanese)? The full conversation would be great.

2. Was Xemnas and Ansem SOD searching for Ven AND Aqua? The one thing Terra said in Blank Points (English), his desire to resist Xehanort when his friends are involved (Radiant Garden), and even the one thing that I've heard from the Japanese translation "I only have one goal" seems to imply his dedication to Xehanort is undying. So why would it end with Xemnas or Ansem? Ansem wished to go to the Realm of Darkness and created a Kingdom Hearts that leads there, Xemnas had people search all over Castle Oblivion for Ven's body... just to want to use him as a vessel? Even now I don't buy that. Xemnas never even told us his reasons for searching, that was left out on purpose clearly to make us keep guessing. Terra didn't know where Ven's heart was, so maybe he thought he was just sleeping? Or maybe they (aside from Xemnas) wasn't searching for them.

3. What allowed Terra to continue to resist Xehanort? I've heard it was his mind, his strong will, his heart, and Eraqus. is there a definitive answer?

4. Why was Xehanort so obsessed with basically killing Terra's heart rather than kicking it out when he originally had the chance?

Anagram

Banned
I don't think the japanese of the conversation will tell you anything much different.

I think your second question is one of those things never explained. I don't keep up with interview or stuff like that but we have Xehanort in DDD affirming their actions was for his plans. That doesn't mean it's not possible they had Terra desires too but I don't think it's stated.

I'd say your number three is a mix of all those. Xehanort seemed to be in control regardless though.

I don't quite get the last question. I remember Xehanort seeming to think Terra would be easy to control but he didn't do anything to "kill" it. He did try to force Terra out with his keyblade though. (but that only gave them amnesia)

Xemnas the Wise

By kill, I mean he wanted Terra to cease to be. He wanted to absorb his heart, meaning Terra would never exist as he was and would simply cease to exist.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I don't think the japanese of the conversation will tell you anything much different.

I think your second question is one of those things never explained. I don't keep up with interview or stuff like that but we have Xehanort in DDD affirming their actions was for his plans. That doesn't mean it's not possible they had Terra desires too but I don't think it's stated.

I'd say your number three is a mix of all those. Xehanort seemed to be in control regardless though.

I don't quite get the last question. I remember Xehanort seeming to think Terra would be easy to control but he didn't do anything to "kill" it. He did try to force Terra out with his keyblade though. (but that only gave them amnesia)

There can be some minor differences, but the general gist of the conversation should be the same.

Correct, it's completely speculative stuff.
The only things we know for sure is that Xemnas was obsessed with finding the Chamber of Waking. His reasons for doing so are completely unknown and there is nowhere any indication that he was searching for Ventus or Aqua as persons.
Ansem SoD has never indicated anything in regards to those two, the only thing that relates to BBS (and possibly Terra) with Ansem is him seeking out Riku, which was only spoken about in interviews and never in-game:
BBS Ultimania said:
-- In "KHI", the robed man, Ansem the Wise's apprentice Xehanort's Heartless (the body of Xehanort's Heartless before he inhabited Riku's body), appeared on the Destiny Islands. Is this because it was Master Xehanort's homeworld?
Nomura: That may be one reason, but if he somehow had some of Terra's memories, we can consider that it might be because he had laid eyes on Riku previously. In terms of the elements of Terra and Master Xehanort, I think the questions of how their power is related and divided, as well as who has whose memories and heart, will become a key to the story * after this one.

There is a small window (between Ansem the Wise finding "Xehanort" and his first (psychological) experiments with "Xehanort" as a test subject) where Xehanort might have been not in full control, but it is clear that Xehanort eventually took full control as he could summon his Keyblade again.

Xehanort miscalculated that indeed. He thought it would be easy to gain full control and imprison Terra in his own heart while he occupies the "pilot seat" of the body so to speak. It's Terra's continuous resistance which eventually compels him to try and expel Terra's heart.
This all gave Xehanort pretty valuable lessons though as later he, through Xemnas, aimed to have his other vessels already without a heart (hence making them Nobodies) in order to avoid the problems he had with Terra and the heart-expelling also went successful the second time (as Ansem when he kicked out Riku's heart in KH I).

By kill, I mean he wanted Terra to cease to be. He wanted to absorb his heart, meaning Terra would never exist as he was and would simply cease to exist.

Total cessation of existence doesn't exist in the Kingdom Hearts universe. Xehanort completely absorbing Terra's heart would result in Terra's essence being imprisoned in his own heart, not in him completely ceasing to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back