• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Questions and Theory about the Blue Fairy and other powerful Disney "mages"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swordsy

I wouldn't call Sora and others just normal people, because if that is the case, why didn't the keyblade just choose that random fat guy in Traverse Town in KH1? I mean, they all have something special about them, whether it be their connections to others (Sora) their hearts of pure light (Kairi), etc.

Okay, first of all, let me clear this up: I never said normal people, because Yen Sid and Merlin are not normal people. Merlin is, I don't know, the most well known and legendary wizard of all time. Yen Sid is practically the animated alter ego of Walt freaking Disney himself.

Now then, just because you are chosen by a keyblade (which Sora was not, so we can cross him out) does not make you strong. Special maybe, but not strong especially compared to people who have spent most, if not all of their lives training with the keyblade and/or magic (Terra, Aqua, Ven, Yen Sid, Merlin.). In fact Sora and Riku never had time to train because they were too busy just saving the world. Im surprised Yen Sid saw them fit to take the mark of mastery exam already. Mark my words, Yen Sid and Merlin are stronger than Sora and Riku. They're just island boys who one day found a magic "sword" and learned they could do basic magic. If it weren't for them being the playable protagonists of the series, then almost anyone aside from some Disney villains could mop the floor with them.

Also, yes, even at such an old age, Merlin and Yensid could conjure up powerful magic, but now you are just making up spells for the sake of your argument (anything the series has yet to see)??? If the series has yet to see it, maybe it doesn't exist!!!! You also are saying they could make speed boosters? Well, if they could, why didn't they? Do you think Merlin wants to stay slow and have a pot belly for fun? NO!!! That's just plain stupid. You are making up spells now in order to prove their strength, but those spells don't exist which is why they haven't been used yet.

Wow, don't get so mad man :D

Somebody earlier in this thread told me when I was poking fun at how Stopza seemed like a completely made up spell, that KH is it's own series, thus it can have its own different set of spells. So do not say that I am making up stuff for the sake of my own argument or this discussion is going to get very ugly, mkay? :) A speed boosting spell is very plausible considering that every single final boss in this game was zipping around the rooms. So how do they do that? Oh, I guess we're going to be fed the same unoriginal garbage that "darkness is evil and it makes peoples' bodies inhumanly strong and fast", lol. Plus flowmotion as well.

Original Sin

I am about 99.99% certain that Swordsy is just trolling the entire section.

And that's all I'll say about that.

flurryflames

FYI Yen Sid is a sorceror not a wizard. A sorceror is MORE powerful than a wizard. The reasons why he and the others don't fight is because they stay in their respective worlds. So do all the other peeps of Sora's team and only come out when their world was being threatened. Malificant seems to conjure out of different worlds for unknown reasons, but either way some things can't be explained.

Hades is a god as well, but he seems to stick with his own universe. He could help the bad guys in so many ways.

Yen Sid is also retired, but another reason could be becasue he doesn't want to be attempted or drawn to the power that the dark ones hold. Think of it like Lord of the Rings. Where power draws even the light to the darkness. Being a sorceror of darkness would definity give the bad guys their advantage as well. So for this reason he stays away from it. He was even nervous around Lea as he kept touching his beard. i don't think he likes nobodies or anyone who resembles them. LOL

The mages fairies are nothing without their wands. If they lost their wands then they have no magic. So why would they risk the chance of helping out Sora and friends in the battle losing their magic in the process.

Genie helps Aladdin and I think that is the way it is going to stay.

Swordsy

I am about 99.99% certain that Swordsy is just trolling the entire section.

And that's all I'll say about that.

Well today that little 0.01% turns out to be true. I am not trolling, I am serious. Seriously, this is a theory. Excuse me for expressing my thoughts on the future :) btw, I never said it on this forum (I don't think I did...) but I predicted a very long time ago that Sora was going to fail his MOM exam, and Riku would pass in this game, making him a keyblade master. Plus I've been right about several other things this year like the exact ending of the new Dark Knight movie, so 'tis the year for my forecasting, lol. And yes I know I have several threads in this section now, but that's because I just finished the game and have questions/ideas that have not been brought up yet. Trust me, you'll know when I'm trolling ;)

FYI Yen Sid is a sorceror not a wizard. A sorceror is MORE powerful than a wizard. The reasons why he and the others don't fight is because they stay in their respective worlds. So do all the other peeps of Sora's team and only come out when their world was being threatened. Malificant seems to conjure out of different worlds for unknown reasons, but either way some things can't be explained.

Mmm...I'm not even going to begin debating the wizard vs sorceror thing here with you, lol. But yes, I know he's a sorceror, I just figured it didn't make much difference because they never really care about that in the series.

But about the respective worlds part: Merlin doesn't have one, so what then? It seems to me as if Nomura or whoever is never going to use "The Sword in the Stone" as a world for this series. And I believe Maleficent, along with Pete, can travel between worlds with the corridors of darkness because Xehnahort gave them that power. Either that, or it's because she's a dark fairy, so she's powerful enough to do so, idk.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Well today that little 0.01% turns out to be true. I am not trolling, I am serious. Seriously, this is a theory. Excuse me for expressing my thoughts on the future :) btw, I never said it on this forum (I don't think I did...) but I predicted a very long time ago that Sora was going to fail his MOM exam, and Riku would pass in this game, making him a keyblade master.

You weren't the only one....A large majority of people were positive this was going to happen. It was kind of a dead give-away, just the reason behind it was a tad foggy for some.

Plus I've been right about several other things this year like the exact ending of the new Dark Knight movie, so 'tis the year for my forecasting, lol. And yes I know I have several threads in this section now, but that's because I just finished the game and have questions/ideas that have not been brought up yet. Trust me, you'll know when I'm trolling ;)

Good for you I guess.......?

But about the respective worlds part: Merlin doesn't have one, so what then? It seems to me as if Nomura or whoever is never going to use "The Sword in the Stone" as a world for this series. And I believe Maleficent, along with Pete, can travel between worlds with the corridors of darkness because Xehnahort gave them that power. Either that, or it's because she's a dark fairy, so she's powerful enough to do so, idk.

Ummm....Xehanort wouldn't have given Maleficent and Pete the ability to use CoD's. Not even sure Xehanort knows Pete......but whatever.
Using CoD's is using the power of darkness.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Mark my words, Yen Sid and Merlin are stronger than Sora and Riku. They're just island boys who one day found a magic "sword" and learned they could do basic magic. If it weren't for them being the playable protagonists of the series, then almost anyone aside from some Disney villains could mop the floor with them.

Why didn't Merlin and Yensid defeat the Org. or Ansem SoD in KH1? If they are that lazy that they don't even care about losing all the worlds to darkness, then I think they are some of the most evil and selfish characters in the game yet! Also, why are there Heartless and Nobodies in Mysterious Tower and in Radiant Garden? Why haven't Merlin and Yensid just snapped there fingers and gotten rid of them? Why didn't Merlin just take care of the 1000 Heartless invading in KH2? Why didn't Yensid save the PoH from being captured by just bringing them to his castle and protecting them? Why didn't Merlin take out Maleficent, Demyx, Pete, and Saix during the confrontation close to the 1000 Heartless challenge? I don't see why these amazingly powerful sorcerer's won't do these simple things if they are that powerful (maybe it is because they can't.)

Somebody earlier in this thread told me when I was poking fun at how Stopza seemed like a completely made up spell, that KH is it's own series, thus it can have its own different set of spells. So do not say that I am making up stuff for the sake of my own argument or this discussion is going to get very ugly, mkay? :) A speed boosting spell is very plausible considering that every single final boss in this game was zipping around the rooms. So how do they do that? Oh, I guess we're going to be fed the same unoriginal garbage that "darkness is evil and it makes peoples' bodies inhumanly strong and fast", lol. Plus flowmotion as well.

Sorry, didn't mean to come off mad or angry, and I'm not entirely saying you are making stuff up for the sake of your argument...but you kind of are :( I'm not trying to make this discussion ugly so lets keep it calm :) However, you have brought up a speed-boosting spell which has yet to be seen in the game, so thus you did "make that up" to support your argument that they are so powerful. I never said it wasn't plausible, but StopZA and GraviZA just based on two spells that were already in past games (Stop and Gravity obviously xP). There has yet to be any speed boosting spell in the game yet, so I don't think it's possible or Donald would have at least learned it by now (a simple boosting spell) that Merlin could have taught him. I'm not saying it's impossible for it to happen eventually (anything is possible really), but at this point, it just seems so unlikely that if that spell exists, nobody has yet to use it. I think nobody has used it because it doesn't exist.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
However, you have brought up a speed-boosting spell which has yet to be seen in the game, so thus you did "make that up" to support your argument that they are so powerful. I never said it wasn't plausible, but StopZA and GraviZA just based on two spells that were already in past games (Stop and Gravity obviously xP). There has yet to be any speed boosting spell in the game yet, so I don't think it's possible or Donald would have at least learned it by now (a simple boosting spell) that Merlin could have taught him. I'm not saying it's impossible for it to happen eventually (anything is possible really), but at this point, it just seems so unlikely that if that spell exists, nobody has yet to use it. I think nobody has used it because it doesn't exist.

Actually Kupo, DEs have cast Haste which is a speed-boosting spell. And has also been in BBS, Re:coded, and Days. BBS it was a skill Ven's D-Link had, Re:coded it was a stat and an overclock ability, and in Days it was a panel.

Swordsy

Actually Kupo, DEs have cast Haste which is a speed-boosting spell. And has also been in BBS, Re:coded, and Days. BBS it was a skill Ven's D-Link had, Re:coded it was a stat and an overclock ability, and in Days it was a panel.

Yeah, Haste. I knew there was one that was like a speed boosting spell (at least in final fantasy), just couldn't remember.

And Kupo, maybe Merlin and Yen Sid are just bad and/or lazy? After all, I only got negative vibes from every single time I've seen Yen Sid, he just doesn't seem friendly. Either that, or maybe there's been some still secret reason why they haven't been more involved. My whole point to this thread was suggesting that they, among others, will become a lot more involved later.

idk, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one with this theory on these forums. So if it does come to pass, I can gloat up a storm :D

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I get what you mean. Wizard like merlin and yen sid could defintly turn the tide with a wave of there hands. But what would be the fun in that, the struggle, the suspense. Its not the way the story is meant to go in.

flurryflames

Mmm...I'm not even going to begin debating the wizard vs sorceror thing here with you, lol. But yes, I know he's a sorceror, I just figured it didn't make much difference because they never really care about that in the series.

No he doesn't, but I guess Normua doesn't seem to think he needs a world. Then again it could be added later on, in the future. Merlin's reason for being a Twlight Town I think he said in KH 1 that he was a vistor or couldn't get home for some reason. (kinda of like Scrooge McDuck except he said he was visiting( BBS.) If that were the case then other disney characters would have their classic lands as well. Too many characters if you don't group them in one world. I take that Merlin the wizard trains people in magic is very useful and oringates with the keyblade to be useful. They need characters with magic so I guessing since Yen Sid is one of the other powerful characters with magic they didn't want him to be left alone. Also another reason for Yen Sid is because he has a connection to King Mickey becausae of him being his master. So it fits.

Malificent needs a lackey so using a buffon like Pete fits since he has always had a vendetta against Mickey and friends. Also I also think that Noruma wants characters that people would recognize rather than new ones. However he did throw in the newer version of Tron, so maybe it is due to popularity.

I am guessing that Master Xeohanort gave them the power travel through the realms with the corridors of darkness. I remember in KH 3D he said he using Malificent for his own reasons. I think he wanted her to deal with the 7 princessess. So in a way she is a pawn to him and he is the chess master. I am not sure he knows about Pete either, but either way he is not a threat to him.

Why didn't Merlin and Yensid defeat the Org. or Ansem SoD in KH1? If they are that lazy that they don't even care about losing all the worlds to darkness, then I think they are some of the most evil and selfish characters in the game yet! Also, why are there Heartless and Nobodies in Mysterious Tower and in Radiant Garden? Why haven't Merlin and Yensid just snapped there fingers and gotten rid of them? Why didn't Merlin just take care of the 1000 Heartless invading in KH2? Why didn't Yensid save the PoH from being captured by just bringing them to his castle and protecting them? Why didn't Merlin take out Maleficent, Demyx, Pete, and Saix during the confrontation close to the 1000 Heartless challenge? I don't see why these amazingly powerful sorcerer's won't do these simple things if they are that powerful (maybe it is because they can't.)

Heartless and Nobodies can't be defeated without the use of the keyblade. They would just come back again. This is the way that Xeohanort designed them with the experimenting with the darkness. I know that Sora has Donald and Goofy with him, but I am not sure if they can defeat the nobodies and heartless without the aid of Sora. Merlin does not have a keyblade to my knowledge. Yen Sid is retired, but I am sure he has personal reasons why he doesn't fight. I am still sticking with he doesnt want to be attempted to the darkness and give the bad guys the advantage because it makes sense.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Is an ability a magic spell? I'm asking this as an honest question as I don't know, but I always thought Haste was just an ability, and I didn't think it counted as a spell, even though you are right, the DE's do put it on you, I thought they were only casting abilities on you lol xP Never really thought the things they cast counted as magic.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Is an ability a magic spell? I'm asking this as an honest question as I don't know, but I always thought Haste was just an ability, and I didn't think it counted as a spell, even though you are right, the DE's do put it on you, I thought they were only casting abilities on you lol xP Never really thought the things they cast counted as magic.

They are casting spells that give status effects. Haste is a white magic spell, just like Regen, Invisible, and Protect.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I freaked out when I didn't know about Invisible and I couldn't see my Meow Wow lol, I thought it was a glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back