• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Questions about the villains (and a few others)v

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GladiatorDan

Hello Internet! (This is my first time on the forum.)

About a year ago I finished Kingdom Hearts Final Mix before tackling the rest of my HUGE backlist of games. Now I'm going to play Re:Chain of Memories, but first there are some questions I really need answered. Don't worry about spoilers for later games, before I got my PS3 I didn't think I would ever play this franchise, so I loosely learned the plot of the whole series. Enough about me here are my questions thankyou in advance to anyone who helps out :)

1. Where did Sora's Keyblade come from?

2. How did Maleficent plan to use Kingdom Hearts to gain ultimate power? Was she going to threaten to destroy the Universe if anyone disobeyed like the microverse battery from Rick and Morty?

3. I've heard that the Kingdom Hearts in this game was created by Ansem SoD is this true? If so, how did he accomplish this?

4. The Ansem Reports mention that when the door to a world's heart is opened, it's walls are broken. I'm assuming this refers to a keyhole, but how is a keyhole opened and who opened all the doors to the worlds Sora visits?

5. When Maleficent turned into a dragon she became a heartless, right? Couldn't she already do this and why didn't she turn into a heartless type we've seen?

6. According to Ansem and Maleficent, the other villains failed because they were consumed by darkness, so did they turn into heartless? If this is true, why would sorta try to defeat them? Wouldn't that change them back into their original form, creating a cycle of fighting? Ansem also mentions that the heartless were manipulating Maleficent. Does that mean they were influencing her thoughts?

7. If the End of the World is made of worlds taken by the heartless, then why were copies of the other worlds we've been to appear in the World Terminus?

8. What's the connection between the Final Keyhole and the Door to Darkness, it seems the princesses summon both, but what does the Final Keyhole have to do with Ansem's plan?

9. What happens to those who don't escape their world's destruction? Do they die or become heartless?

Muke

whatever
Awards
First of all: Welcome! Make sure to read through the FAQ! Also, here is a page with the Staff - Mods, Admins, etc. - in case you need anything! :)

This is a little bit of a tough one, but: it's actually not Sora's Keyblade at the beginning of the game, but Riku's. He was meant to 'get it', but as Riku tapped into the darkness that moment, the Keyblade went to Sora instead. In Hollow Bastion it then accepts Sora as its rightful owner because of his strong heart. (I know this doesn't really answer your question, but I still hope it clears things up a bit)

2. How did Maleficent plan to use Kingdom Hearts to gain ultimate power? Was she going to threaten to destroy the Universe if anyone disobeyed like the microverse battery from Rick and Morty?
Kingdom Hearts is the source of all light, so it'd grant you immeasurable power and knowledge and dominion over all worlds. So I guess she would dominate the other worlds and be an empress, you know?

3. I've heard that the Kingdom Hearts in this game was created by Ansem SoD is this true? If so, how did he accomplish this?
The Kingdom Hearts beyond the Door to Darkness is, as far as we know, the true Kingdom Hearts.

9. What happens to those who don't escape their world's destruction? Do they die or become heartless?​

Imagine it like… when a world falls to darkness, everything "pauses" for its denizen. We learn in DDD that some worlds fall into a "dream" of sorts that depict events that occurred in the worlds before they were consumed. Don't quote me on n9 though since I'm not sure if that's really right.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

About a year ago I finished Kingdom Hearts Final Mix before tackling the rest of my HUGE backlist of games. Now I'm going to play Re:Chain of Memories, but first there are some questions I really need answered. Don't worry about spoilers for later games, before I got my PS3 I didn't think I would ever play this franchise, so I loosely learned the plot of the whole series. Enough about me here are my questions thankyou in advance to anyone who helps out :)

Well hello there and welcome to the universe of Kingdom Hearts. ^__^

This series is really full of mysterious stuff but for lore questions you've definitely come to the right place.

Alright, on to these questions.

4. The Ansem Reports mention that when the door to a world's heart is opened, it's walls are broken. I'm assuming this refers to a keyhole, but how is a keyhole opened and who opened all the doors to the worlds Sora visits?

5. When Maleficent turned into a dragon she became a heartless, right? Couldn't she already do this and why didn't she turn into a heartless type we've seen?

6. According to Ansem and Maleficent, the other villains failed because they were consumed by darkness, so did they turn into heartless? If this is true, why would sorta try to defeat them? Wouldn't that change them back into their original form, creating a cycle of fighting? Ansem also mentions that the heartless were manipulating Maleficent. Does that mean they were influencing her thoughts?

7. If the End of the World is made of worlds taken by the heartless, then why were copies of the other worlds we've been to appear in the World Terminus?

8. What's the connection between the Final Keyhole and the Door to Darkness, it seems the princesses summon both, but what does the Final Keyhole have to do with Ansem's plan?

9. What happens to those who don't escape their world's destruction? Do they die or become heartless?

1. As stated by Muke, the Keyblade that appears on Destiny Islands, Kingdom Key, is actually the Keyblade "intended" for Riku, but due to Riku's heart being weakened when he opens himself up to the Darkness and Sora "touching" Riku's light (which can be seen when Sora reaches out for Riku), the Keyblade itself "jumped over" to Sora.
This is because Keyblades have a limited will of their own and while Sora at first is only "borrowing it" the blade chooses him over Riku permanently in Hollow Bastion and thus becomes Sora's Keyblade completely.
As for where exactly Keyblades originate from, this is explored in later entries of the series a little, but the exact procedure as to how one is created is not made clear yet.

2. Since Kingdom Hearts is the source of all light and a conglomerate of countless hearts, by accessing it Maleficent would gain immense power and knowledge, essentially turning into a god-like being that could force others to bow down to her.

3. Yes, this is true. Ansem SoD used his Heartless hordes to destroy countless worlds by stealing their hearts. These hearts were then forcefully smashed/merged together to form a Kingdom Hearts. Because of this the Kingdom Hearts in KH 1 is also referred to as the "Kingdom Hearts of World's Hearts" (as opposed to the "Kingdom Hearts of Man's Hearts" and the "true" Kingdom Hearts which is said to be a union of ALL Hearts in existence).

4. Each world has a secret door that leads to this world's heart and the Keyhole is part of that door. These doors are by default not locked, but only Keyblade Wielders, Heartless and magical beings like the Genie can see those doors. By opening the door (which Riku did do on Destiny Islands and "Ansem" in Hollow Bastion) the protective walls of the world crumble and that world is even more vulnerable to attack by the Heartless.
By locking the Keyhole with a Keyblade, the world's heart gets sealed and is inaccessible for the Heartless, thus preventing its destruction.

5. Not exactly, the Dragon form is an innate ability of Maleficent, however she lost the ability to manifest that form at will (why that is is answered in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, which plays ten years before KH 1). What Riku (actually Ansem) did was unlocking Maleficent's heart so her massive Darkness could flow out and allow her access to the Dragon form again. However, due to her constant use of the Heartless and then being defeated by Sora caused Maleficent to lose control of her own Darkness and thus she vanished.

6. Some of them did turn into Heartless while others simply vanished after being overtaken/consumed by the Darkness. Heartless need to be defeated because they act only on instinct and always strive to steal more hearts and destroy more worlds. If these Heartless are defeated (and no Nobody was created which rarely happens, but that's another topic) the original form will indeed be restored.
So in order to not create a "cycle" the villains in question would need to be defeated without them turning into a Heartless.

7. Those are not copies, the World Terminus is a "hub" which the Heartless use to reach these worlds so all these energy pillars are actually portals and by clearing them you cut the access for the Heartless to these worlds.

8. The final Keyhole summons the Door to Darkness which is a gateway into the Realm of Darkness. Ansem wants to travel through the Door to Darkness in order to gain Kingdom Hearts, which he believes to be the "ultimate power of Darkness" and much like Maleficent too, would grant him god-like powers of the magnitude that he could reshape the entire universe as he sees fit. Exactly why he does that and further details are given in later games of the series though and it has to do with the series actual main villain, Xehanort.

9. It depends. When a world falls there are two possible fates: Either the being in question turns into a Heartless when their heart is either stolen by Heartless or consumed by Darkness, or if their heart remains free and does not succumb either, they fall into "endless sleep" which doesn't end until the world they live in is restored.

Luxu

Awards

At first it was Riku's not Sora's. But when Riku opened the Door to Darkness, the Keyblade "Moved down the list." And went to Sora over Riku. (Basically, touching the light within his heart) That is why Sora loses the Kingdom Key for a short amount of time, before the Keyblade once again chooses Sora due to his stronger heart.

Maleficent is a bit weird in this aspect. She wanted to use it to gain unlimited power, as it being basically God of the Kingdom Hearts Universe. Which is why she now seeks the Book of Prophecies in hopes of gaining power like that in Kingdom Hearts.

Yes he did to a certain extent.

Sep does a far better job at explaining this part than I can.

She didn't become a Heartless, she merely used the darkness she had within her. And darkness has a tendency to make those with weak hearts stronger.

They died...All of them. Even if they did form a Heartless, they most likely didn't form a Nobody. The heart of the Heartless, and the hallow body of a Nobody are needed to bring someone back. As seen with Xehanort, Lea, and most of the other Org. members.

Because those worlds fell to the darkness. The End of the World acts sorta like the Heartless of worlds, like The World That Never Was acts as the Nobody of worlds.

It just summons a gateway to the door. Which is why Ansem SoD wanted to complete it so much.

Becomes a Heartless or falls into a limbo state. Which is why worlds can sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back