• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Questions about the Keyblade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sillypieman

Ok I know I sound like such a n00b but I have some things that I really don't understand.

1. I just recently came upon the statements that Riku is the true Keyblade Master. WHAT!? I am really confused, can someone please show me a Nomura interview or something where he actually says this cuz I don't understand.

2. So is the Keyblade just a selfish power hungry manical key? In HB why did the Keyblade go to Riku? Later, when Sora's heart became stronger, the Keyblade returned to him...does the Keyblade just go to the most powerful person around and not have a set master?

3. In KH2 how come Sora still has the Keyblade? If Riku is the true Keyblade Master, how come it is not in his hands, even when Sora was asleep for a year (maybe BHK has something to do with that)?

4. Riku's Keyblade that unlocks hearts just makes everything worse!

PLEASE HELP!!! (without flaming please:) )

GTX

Gee Tee Ecks
Re: I Don't Understand Please Help!

1. Yes Riku is the true keyblade master. It had to go with Sora though because Riku went with darkness at Destiny Islands. But when Sora met up with Riku the keyblade returned to him. But when Sora's heart was stronger than Riku's the keyblade choose him. So in a sense Riku and Sora are both the keyblade masters. But Riku was the true one.

2. Bascially the keyblade chooses the master with the strongest heart. It came back to Riku because his heart was stronger at that time (because his love for Kairi and a way to restore her I guess). But Sora's heart grew stronger than Riku's (the love of his friends) and thus the keyblade choose him. I guess in a way it doesn't have a set master. So it could easily go to someone else.

3. He still has it because he has a strong heart. There is more than one keyblade so I guess each one choose its master as well on its own terms. (we don't and will not know if BHK has something to do with this until it is explained in KH2.)

4. No Riku's Keyblade actually made everything better. It unlocked Sora's heart which gave all the princesses of hearts theres back. So its a matter of point of view.

Please no flaming.

Last edited:

Laffy Taffy

Bronze Member

1. It went to Sora because Riku's heart was shrouded in darkness I think
2.NO it just gose to the strongest heart because only that person can open the door to light.
3. Sora's has big heart.
4. yeah so.

EnoehT

hmm, lemme see, yes riku was going to be the keyblade master but he picked darkness so........... that all went teh hell. The keyblade is a weapon of good and it can both choose its master, and have its master take it, like riku did, he wanted it and it went by its own accord, same thing w/ sora. to quote" I dont need a weapon, my freinds are my power!" Sora's heart became so powerfull and filled with courage that the keyblade went back to the stronger one. (woo-hoo, take that blue-hair)y does he have the keyblade, his heart still has yet to falter, even when it was bound by the chain of memories, the keyblade had no reason to find a new owner. and finally, riku's "keyblade" is a double edged sword, it makes things better or worse, depending.

I think that about covers it, tho GTX explained it so much better than me...... dont listen to me Im just a rambling fanboy anyhow

sillypieman

Thx guys you cleared it up pretty good for me. I still want to see some kind of proof that Riku is the true Keyblade Master, not that I don't trust you, it is just that sometimes someone will make a theory, then someone will read it and tell a friend about it, then the friend will think they meant that it was a confirmed truth, then it will be accepted as a proven fact.

Also by question #4 I meant that his Keyblade just confuses everything even worse (sorry for misunderstandings).

Hokage

Banned
Awards

Okay proof that Riku was the original choice for the Keyblade........

In a scene in KH ( i forgot what time) it shows Riku and Sora as little kids in the Secret Place.. As they look around they see the door in the cave and wonder about it.. As they walk out Riku being the last one to leave turns around and sees the Keyhole on the door and Sora cannot.. This shows that Riku was the original choice for the keyblade.. hope i solved the question.. hehehe see ya.

sora_123

Question:
About Riku being the rightful owner of the Keyblade - why is it that Sora had the Keyblade first?

Nomura--That part is also a bit vague. In the Destiny Islands when Riku is swallowed by the darkness, there's a sparkle of light, and next comes the scene where Sora first gets the Keyblade, right? In my setting, the darkness wrapping itself around those two is the darkness of Riku's heart. At the moment when Sora enters that darkness, the light you can see is the light of the heart. Sora, trying to help Riku, struggling in the darkness, touches that light and temporarily the Keyblade goes to Sora.
here's an interview of nomura...i don't know if this anwsers your question, but is close to u're question.

here's the link also...http://www.sorasdomain.net/index.php?id=new_html/tetsusan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back