• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Questions about the future

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MarKreationsStudios

Awards
Hey guys, I'm new here, so I'm sorry in advance if I make any mistakes! I only just finished KH3 and I had a couple questions. I'm gonna ask about stuff relating to this specific forum, though.

First off, what do we know is coming in the future, exactly? I heard there's a possibility of a tv series being developed. Is that a reboot series? Will it be centered around any of the current characters?

Secondly, will there be more games? I know it's a new saga, but does that mean characters like Sora, Riku, Roxas, Ventus, and everybody else may be sidelined? I really don't want the series to end up like Star Wars where a new cast completely replaces the old ones...

blank points

Awards
Firstly, welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your time here. To answer your first question, no one knows anything about what the supposed tv series will cover. As of now, it's only really a rumor, and it's been a year since the rumor was leaked, and there has been no information on it, so it's unknown if the TV series is really a thing. To your second question, yes, there will indeed be more games. We know that there will be a game covering the Verum Rex story, which seems to be the next game. We know that Sora and Riku are definitely going to have a large role, and very likely Ventus too, seeing as he will be heavily connected to that next storyline. As for Roxas and the rest of the characters, we really can't say for sure just yet, but likely they will take on a more supporting role for the next saga. I doubt it will go the Star Wars route.

Last edited:

okhi12

Awards
The TV series has been rumored for some time but literally nothing is known about it.

There will be more KH games, there's no doubt about that. Noone can say for sure how many characters will be sidelined -if any- but we can expect many of them to return. I don't know if you are familiar with Union X or if you have played the ReMind DLC and Melody of Memory, so I'll tag this as spoiler
Spoiler Spoiler Show

MarKreationsStudios

Awards
Firstly, welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your time here. To answer your first question, no one knows anything about what the supposed tv series will cover. As of now, it's only really a rumor, and it's been a year since the rumor was leaked, and there has been no information on it, so it's unknown if the TV series is really a thing. To your second question, yes, there will indeed be more games. We know that there will be a game covering the Verum Rex story, which seems to be the next game. We know that Sora and Riku are definitely going to have a large role, and very likely Ventus too, seeing as he will be heavily connected to that next storyline. As for Roxas and the rest of the characters, we really can't say for sure just yet, but likely they will take on a more supporting role for the next saga. I doubt it will go the Star Wars route.
The TV series has been rumored for some time but literally nothing is known about it.

There will be more KH games, there's no doubt about that. Noone can say for sure how many characters will be sidelined -if any- but we can expect many of them to return. I don't know if you are familiar with Union X or if you have played the ReMind DLC and Melody of Memory, so I'll tag this as spoiler
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Aw thanks guys, I'm glad to see replies :)

Okay so yeah, I have not yet played Union X or Melody of Memory, but everything else I have played or watched playthroughs online (No way am I doing DDD with all the stupid cards and stuff, no way man lol). I really REALLY loved the games for the most part, especially the characters and their backstories. So it kind of surprised me when I came on here and immediately saw that people despised KH3, and characters like Ventus... I guess I have a lot to learn lol.

I just got through Re Mix, and.... hmmm.... I'm not sure how I feel about it. I loved KH3, even though I completely agree that there are flaws. But... Yozora really came out of nowhere and now I am kind of upset about the two endings, and what they mean for the series... Like, are they saying that this series may not even be REAL in it's own story?? I haven't played or seen any Final Fantasy related stuff, so I have absolutely no idea what that ending was, and it kind of came out of nowhere for me.

If either of you or somebody else could help clear that up, that would be great too. You can talk spoilers about Melody of Memories, since I am starting the game right now and will check the spoiler tags once I finish lol.

Also... could you guys kind of give me a bit of a rundown as to what games and characters are popular and unpopular among the fanbase? I played the games in chronological order, according to the khwiki site, so for example, I met Ventus in BBS before meeting Roxas, and loved them both, however seeing as how BBS came out AFTER Roxas was already developed, I could see a reason for some people to have an issue with the character, however likeable he is to me personally.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Hi welcome to the forums :)

Aw thanks guys, I'm glad to see replies :)

Okay so yeah, I have not yet played Union X or Melody of Memory, but everything else I have played or watched playthroughs online (No way am I doing DDD with all the stupid cards and stuff, no way man lol). I really REALLY loved the games for the most part, especially the characters and their backstories. So it kind of surprised me when I came on here and immediately saw that people despised KH3, and characters like Ventus... I guess I have a lot to learn lol.

I just got through Re Mix, and.... hmmm.... I'm not sure how I feel about it. I loved KH3, even though I completely agree that there are flaws. But... Yozora really came out of nowhere and now I am kind of upset about the two endings, and what they mean for the series... Like, are they saying that this series may not even be REAL in it's own story?? I haven't played or seen any Final Fantasy related stuff, so I have absolutely no idea what that ending was, and it kind of came out of nowhere for me.

If either of you or somebody else could help clear that up, that would be great too. You can talk spoilers about Melody of Memories, since I am starting the game right now and will check the spoiler tags once I finish lol.

Also... could you guys kind of give me a bit of a rundown as to what games and characters are popular and unpopular among the fanbase? I played the games in chronological order, according to the khwiki site, so for example, I met Ventus in BBS before meeting Roxas, and loved them both, however seeing as how BBS came out AFTER Roxas was already developed, I could see a reason for some people to have an issue with the character, however likeable he is to me personally.

As for your question I wouldn’t say that KH3 is completely despised by the fanbase honestly it‘s more like a 50/50 split in my opinion as some people love it some people hate it. I think one reason why KH3 might get a lot of hate is because the fanbase had waited years for KH3 to come out so their was certainly a lot of hype built up over the years and since it was the end of the Xehanort saga people had built up expectations and in some cases people hyped it up too much to the point some unrealistic expectations formed and when those expectations couldn’t be met there was certainly going to be some disappointment which was guaranteed to happen anyways as there was no way Nomura was ever going to live up to all the expectations people had built up over the years ( personally I actually liked KH3 it may not be the best game or my favourite but it was still good)

If your talking about the endings for the Yozora fight, no one really knows what they mean at this point all we can do is theorise.

The last part of your question is kind of hard to answer but I’ll try to answer it as best as I can but I might be wrong about some of the most popular and unpopular opinions

When it comes to games:

I’m not to sure what the general consensus on KH1, BBS, DDD and Days are I think they probably have a mixed reception

Re: Chain of Memories and Recoded don’t tend to be that well liked ( which is a shame because I actually really like Re: Chain of Memories) and i don’t think many people are a fan of Union X since it’s a mobile game and honestly I don’t really pay attention to Dark Road unless their an update so I’m not sure what the consensus is on that game)

KH2 is really well liked and as far as I‘m aware Melody of Memory seems to be liked as well

I have no idea about 0.2 An Fragmentary Passage

Characters are a lot harder to judge In terms of popularity as opinions can be really varied considering just how many characters there are in the series although characters like Axel, Roxas, Riku and Aqua are usually quite popular.

Last edited:

MarKreationsStudios

Awards
Hi welcome to the forums :)

As for your question I wouldn’t say that KH3 is completely despised by the fanbase honestly it‘s more like a 50/50 split in my opinion as some people love it some people hate it. I think one reason why KH3 might get a lot of hate is because the fanbase had waited years for KH3 to come out so their was certainly a lot of hype built up over the years and since it was the end of the Xehanort saga people had built up expectations and in some cases people hyped it up too much to the point some unrealistic expectations formed and when those expectations couldn’t be met there was certainly going to be some disappointment which was guaranteed to happen anyways as there was no way Nomura was ever going to live up to all the expectations people had built up over the years ( personally I actually liked KH3 it may not be the best game or my favourite but it was still good)

If your talking about the endings for the Yozora fight, no one really knows what they mean at this point all we can do is theorise.

The last part of your question is kind of hard to answer but I’ll try to answer it as best as I can but I might be wrong about some of the most popular and unpopular opinions

When it comes to games:

I’m not to sure what the general consensus on KH1, BBS, DDD and Days are I think they probably have a mixed reception

Re: Chain of Memories and Recoded don’t tend to be that well liked ( which is a shame because I actually really like Re: Chain of Memories) and i don’t think many people are a fan of Union X since it’s a mobile game and honestly I don’t really pay attention to Dark Road unless their an update so I’m not sure what the consensus is on that game)

KH2 is really well liked and as far as I‘m aware Melody of Memory seems to be liked as well

I have no idea about 0.2 An Fragmentary Passage

Characters are a lot harder to judge In terms of popularity as opinions can be really varied considering just how many characters there are in the series although characters like Axel, Roxas, Riku and Aqua are usually quite popular.
Awesome thanks!

And yeah what I meant in that last part was that, for example, I know that Roxas and Ventus look almost identical (I have pics of them side by side, and they are actually different in some small ways), and my question was whether or not people liked Ventus even though he looked just like Roxas, or if that annoyed people? And are there any characters in the series that are generally disliked or hated?

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Awesome thanks!

And yeah what I meant in that last part was that, for example, I know that Roxas and Ventus look almost identical (I have pics of them side by side, and they are actually different in some small ways), and my question was whether or not people liked Ventus even though he looked just like Roxas, or if that annoyed people? And are there any characters in the series that are generally disliked or hated?

There has been distaste for certain characters thrown around on occasion, usually pretty unjustified IMO.

There was a fair bit of hatred directed toward Xion when Days was released IIRC, can’t remember the reasoning but it was probably silly. I’ve seen people make the point that she’s useless to the overarching story, which is a ridiculous claim.

With BBS, I know some people really don’t like Terra because he’s kind of an idiot lol, but IMO he’s a lovable idiot in a delicate transition phase of his life that Xehanort is capitalizing on to manipulate him. As far as Ven, I’ve never seen any bad words directed toward him? Idk, he’s hard not to like, and his personality is generally distinct enough from Roxas’ that people are able to appreciate him on his own terms, though there is certainly some debate on that subject — whether they should be considered two separate people. Some folks really didn’t like that KH3 made them definitively exist separately.

More recently, though I think this is still far from the majority opinion, Axel/Lea has kind of fallen from grace in popularity for a lot of people, in part because his characterization is sort of blah in KH3, and also because it turns out Quinton Flynn is a creep and after 1.5+ decades it can be difficult to separate the two in the mind’s eye.

I also see some hate for Kairi get thrown around, which I don’t really understand. It’s a pretty common opinion that she’s gotten the short end of the stick as a character in dire need of more development for many many years, which is absolutely true, but that’s a critique to throw at the writers, not the character herself. She’s generally well liked, as evidenced by the fact that people desperately just want to see her DO MORE.

Not sure if this counts, but since Sora’s characterization sometimes varies pretty significantly from title to title, DDD Sora gets a bit of flak for being a total dingus, when he’s actually a fair bit sharper in KH1/CoM/KH2. A valid criticism, though I’d wager most still find him irresistibly charming.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Awesome thanks!

There are a fair number of people who would prefer if the two looked different, but it is what it is, and at this point, we've all accepted it. As for characters that are liked or disliked, it's going to vary depending on what communities you look into, but the two characters that come up most often are Kairi and Xion. I'd hesitate to say they're "hated" but there has always been lots of debate surrounding these two.

Kairi is subject to a lot of criticism by online enthusiasts, which is fair considering how poorly her character has been handled over the past 19 years. She is, however, extremely popular with the casual fanbase - people who take her at face value and just see a beautiful princess who cares deeply for her friends. There are also people who like her because they recognize the potential she has and are keen to see how she will be handled going forward, but others are not quite so optimistic.

Xion is easily the most divisive character in the series due to the nature of how she was introduced and how she was handled in Days, but she has some of the most vocal fans. In all fairness, the premise of her character alone pretty much set her up for this type of reception. The 14th member in Organization XIII, a girl who looks just like the main heroine and is connected to other heroes who spend the entire game caring for her, chasing after her, and getting into trouble with those who wrong her - this is basically like 90% of all self-insert fanfictions, but made real (there are other issues of course, but I won't get into that here). It's actually kind of amazing when you think about it, and as much as I dislike Kanemaki's writing, I cannot fault her for using her position and connections to get her own self-insert into this series. I think we'd all be pretty tempted to take advantage of that opportunity if we were in her shoes lol

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Awesome thanks!

Well I haven’t really heard much negative talk about Ventus before so I think he‘s well liked or at least has an mixed reaction.

As for disliked or hated characters, as far as I’m aware characters like Ansem the Wise, Lexaeus, Vexen and Larxene used to get a lot of hate although I think opinions have changed a bit since KH3 so I’m not 100% certain on what the general consensus is but from what I can gather is:

Larxene seems to be a bit more liked since KH3

I think people still don’t really like Ansem the Wise but I don’t think he’s exactly hated anymore either and I think Vexen falls in this category as well.

As for Lexaeus I think he‘s either still disliked or people just don’t care about his character since giving he didn’t do or say anything in KH3 I can’t imagine people opinions on him have changed.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Larxene seems to be a bit more liked since KH3
I don't really remember seeing much Larxene hate, if anything she was well liked but not well known, seeing she was restricted to a game a large portion of the fan base didn't play or like the gameplay of. Personally she has always been among my favorites.

Regarding Ven, I think most people like him, at worse I think some mind find him a bit bland. The only real criticism I've heard is that among the Sora's he's the least distinct and comes off as Sora lite to some. I think given enough time he'll probably become more distinct as his own character.

Awards
Ansem the Wise is quite a strange one.

Once he removes those bandages he's essentially obsessed with wanting to atone for everything he did and takes full responsibility, knowing that he did bad shit and basically being the type of guy who'd agree with all the people who don't like him. And yet people hate him more as Ansem the Wise rather than as DiZ.

Instead they just add his time as DiZ onto the reasons why they don't like him.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
I don't really remember seeing much Larxene hate, if anything she was well liked but not well known, seeing she was restricted to a game a large portion of the fan base didn't play or like the gameplay of. Personally she has always been among my favorites.
Maybe she wasn’t as hated as I thought she was then, I just presumed she was hated because I remember a few years ago I used to see a lot of comments where people said they hated the character because of how cruel and annoying she could be. Honestly I never got why people thought her character was annoying since I always thought she was a really entertaining and Interesting character

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Maybe she wasn’t as hated as I thought she was then, I just presumed she was hated because I remember a few years ago I used to see a lot of comments where people said they hated the character because of how cruel and annoying she could be. Honestly I never got why people thought her character was annoying since I always thought she was a really entertaining and Interesting character
Her cruelty is kind of what made her stand out, she's one of those sadistic villainesses who are a joy to watch while on screen. Among the Org members she stood out as having more of a personality, even if the personality was "mean bitch".

She's still unique among the female original characters, seeing all others have somewhat similar "good girl" personalities, with some distinctive traits sprinkled in.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Larxene seems to be a very hit or miss character. I personally really enjoy the character as a sadist villain whenever she appears, but I get why some don't like her. Not everyone likes the "mean bitch" archetype because it's a overused trope for a female villain to fall back on when you don't have actual motives for why your evil in the story. Larxene works great with what she's written as, but because it's static (lol) if you don't like it then you likely won't like her.

Back