• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Questions about "my name is Ansem" and other random points in the series!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TKTheKid

Hey all,

I've been lurking around these boards for the past month or so since I beat DDD. I really love it and I love this series. I've played every game in the series FYI, but sometimes my memory deserts me lol. One of the main reasons I love it is all the questions I have that keep coming up. It's like a fun struggle to fully understand the story lol. So anyway, here are a few random questions I have from various points throughout the series.

1.) The door in KHI in the cave in Destiny Islands is a door to the world's heart, yes? And the world fell to darkness because Riku opened it right? BUT, was it due to his own curiosity or was Riku already being influence by Ansem SoD?

2.) How exactly did Kairi get to Destiny Islands? Apparently there was an Ansem Report that said that Ansem the Wise sent her there so that she would guide him to the keyblade wielder, obviously being Sora. Is that right? Also, does Aqua's protection spell have anything to do with it?

3.) What was the REAL purpose of Re:coded - was it really just for Namine to let everyone know about everyone's suffering and that Sora had to save them all?

4.) In the famous "My Name is Ansem" scene in DDD, that took place before or at some point very early on in KHI right? And was that Apprenticenort and Ienzo on the floor on the left? And we're seing it from Ansem SoD's point of view right? That's when he's first "born" and starts calling himself Ansem? Also, he "kills" Braig to turn him into a nobody/heartless right? And what is this about amnesia? Was he faking it, and if so, why? What is that all about? Is it actually know yet or is it all just speculation?

5.) In KHI, when exactly did Riku lose his body and when did he regain it? Am I right in saying that Ansem SoD looks the way he does because it's a mix of Terra, Riku, Master Xehanort and I guess Eraqus' bodies/hearts?

6.) I get everything about Roxas' "birth" other than how Xemnas finds him. How does Xemnas know to go find him in Twilight Town? Or did he just sense him here?

Thank you all in advance!

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
1- No he was not being influenced by Ansem SoD in that way at the time. Riku says in DDD that his initial curiosity came from way back when he met Terrra.

4-Yes it took place before KH1. Yes 1st person view. Idk about being 'born' before then, I imagine that he wasn't Ansem SoD yet since that is the Terra-Xehanort's Heartless (the Xehanort that is the apprentice, the one we see in this scene is the Xehanort Apprentice/Terranort). Yes he 'kills' them, rather releases their hearts, to turn them into heartless and nobodies. Idk about his amnesia.

5- He lost it towards the end when he comes across the brown robed hooded figure (Ansem SoD) in Hallow Bastion. Idk maybe, I always thought that it was just because of Terranort (Terra,MX,Eraqus) but maybe he looks the way he does because of Riku too, I never thought of it like that before, could be.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hey all,

I've been lurking around these boards for the past month or so since I beat DDD. I really love it and I love this series. I've played every game in the series FYI, but sometimes my memory deserts me lol. One of the main reasons I love it is all the questions I have that keep coming up. It's like a fun struggle to fully understand the story lol. So anyway, here are a few random questions I have from various points throughout the series.

Welcome to the forums~ I hope you enjoy it here! And DDD was fantastic <3

1.) The door in KHI in the cave in Destiny Islands is a door to the world's heart, yes? And the world fell to darkness because Riku opened it right? BUT, was it due to his own curiosity or was Riku already being influence by Ansem SoD?

Yes, it was the door to the world's heart. And yes, Riku opened the door which brought the Heartless and Darkness in. Riku's heart had been slowly leaning to the Darkness because of his desire to leave the island. It wasn't until he destroyed his home (and everything with Maleficent) that SoD started to influence Riku.

2.) How exactly did Kairi get to Destiny Islands? Apparently there was an Ansem Report that said that Ansem the Wise sent her there so that she would guide him to the keyblade wielder, obviously being Sora. Is that right? Also, does Aqua's protection spell have anything to do with it?

Aqua used her magic on Kairi's necklace in order to protect her from harm. SoD (not Ansem the Wise) sent Kairi out into the lanes between worlds in hopes to see if there was a connection between Keyblade Wielders (or potential wielders) and Princesses of Heart, but in reality Aqua's spell guided Kairi to a safe world close to the light.

3.) What was the REAL purpose of Re:coded - was it really just for Namine to let everyone know about everyone's suffering and that Sora had to save them all?

Yes, that was the main purpose.

4.) In the famous "My Name is Ansem" scene in DDD, that took place before or at some point very early on in KHI right? And was that Apprenticenort and Ienzo on the floor on the left? And we're seing it from Ansem SoD's point of view right? That's when he's first "born" and starts calling himself Ansem? Also, he "kills" Braig to turn him into a nobody/heartless right? And what is this about amnesia? Was he faking it, and if so, why? What is that all about? Is it actually know yet or is it all just speculation?

It took place sometime between BBS and KH1 during the ten year gap. We are seeing it from Apprentice Xehanort's point of view. It was soon after that he split into a Heartless (Ansem Seeker of Darkness) and Nobody (Xemnas). The idea most people believe now is that Xehanort wanted to trick everybody into believing he had forgotten everything, besides wanting to tarnish Ansem the Wise's name.

5.) In KHI, when exactly did Riku lose his body and when did he regain it? Am I right in saying that Ansem SoD looks the way he does because it's a mix of Terra, Riku, Master Xehanort and I guess Eraqus' bodies/hearts?

In KH1, Riku loses his body in that scene where he protects Kairi from SoD. He is sent into the Realm of Darkness, where he meets Mickey who tells Riku about how he was unable to get his body back which was why he was sent to the Realm of Darkness where "lost hearts go". Sora frees Riku's body from SoD's control and Riku gets it back.

No, SoD looks the way he does because of of the influence of Xehanort and Terra's hearts (most likely). Eraqus and Xehanort's bodies have long since been out of the equation. Riku only served as a receptacle.

6.) I get everything about Roxas' "birth" other than how Xemnas finds him. How does Xemnas know to go find him in Twilight Town? Or did he just sense him here?

Nobodies are formed in worlds where the Realms of Light and Darkness meet, which is usually Twilight Town.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
In KH1, Riku loses his body in that scene where he protects Kairi from SoD. He is sent into the Realm of Darkness, where he meets Mickey who tells Riku about how he was unable to get his body back which was why he was sent to the Realm of Darkness where "lost hearts go". Sora frees Riku's body from SoD's control and Riku gets it back.

I thought he lost it sooner than that, I thought he was 'gone' once he got the key to unlock peoples hearts. This is when we got Riku with the heartless version of the suit that Vanitas wore, and at this point Riku's voice is even different, Sora even says 'you're not Riku' or something when he meets him in HB before Riku prevents Ansem SoD from hurting Kairi since by this time Sora is already gone and started to become the heartless that he was.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I thought he lost it sooner than that, I thought he was 'gone' once he got the key to unlock peoples hearts. This is when we got Riku with the heartless version of the suit that Vanitas wore, and at this point Riku's voice is even different, Sora even says 'you're not Riku' or something when he meets him in HB before Riku prevents Ansem SoD from hurting Kairi since by this time Sora is already gone and started to become the heartless that he was.

At that time when SoD was using Riku's form in the dark suit, Riku hadn't been fighting for control over his body. He had willingly allowed SoD to take over so his heart was still in his body. It wasn't until SoD's actions lead to Sora releasing his own heart when he freed Kairi's and Kairi, Donald, and Goofy being in danger that he tried to fight back for control over his body to protect them. SoD overpowered him, and Riku was then thrust into the Realm of Darkness for the duration of the game.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
On the topic of Re: Coded, another purpose of this game was to show how hearts can be born in places/beings you wouldn't believe at first glance, as Data-Sora grew a heart despite being a data-construct due to his connections and interactions with Donald, Goofy and Mickey.

It's a bit vague in-game, but further reinforced in the Coded-Ultimania.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Master Spockanort already answered this perfectly, but I figured I'd chime in some speculation/implication too. In DDD, Sora is brought to the DI as it falls and YMX talks to Sora outside the secret place. The following dialogue is said:

Sora: What are you saying? That [Ansem, Seeker of Darkness] knew everything that would happen?
YMX: No, not everything. But remember, Ansem possessed Riku and saw his experiences in real time.
Sora: So? That could only tell him so much. How did he know I would be here today?
YMX: Simple.
Sora: Kairi!

In the last line, Kairi flies out of the secret place into his arms. Kairi does seem to answer Sora's question. Apprentice Xehanort set Kairi off to the Ocean Between, hoping that her light would guide her to the hero of the Keyblade. He was wrong, but Aqua's spell led her there anyway. Xehanort gave up his body, traveled through time to recruit YMX, and then returned to the present and followed Kairi to the DI and Sora. That was how he knew to be on the DI as it fell (to let the Xehanorts into the RoS and Sora's dreams).

TKTheKid

SoD (not Ansem the Wise) sent Kairi out into the lanes between worlds in hopes to see if there was a connection between Keyblade Wielders (or potential wielders) and Princesses of Heart, but in reality Aqua's spell guided Kairi to a safe world close to the light.

Whoa? Really? It was Ansem SoD? How do we know this and is there a scene that shows this?

We are seeing it from Apprentice Xehanort's point of view. It was soon after that he split into a Heartless (Ansem Seeker of Darkness) and Nobody (Xemnas). The idea most people believe now is that Xehanort wanted to trick everybody into believing he had forgotten everything, besides wanting to tarnish Ansem the Wise's name.

Ok, so who is on the floor then? One of them is definitely Ienzo, but who else is that? It looks like Apprentice Xehanort himself. And how did he split himself anyway - by stabbing himself? Why exactly did Xehanort want to trick everyone into believing he had forgotten everything?

SoD overpowered him, and Riku was then thrust into the Realm of Darkness for the duration of the game.

Can someone please link me to this scene?

Master Spockanort already answered this perfectly, but I figured I'd chime in some speculation/implication too. In DDD, Sora is brought to the DI as it falls and YMX talks to Sora outside the secret place. The following dialogue is said:

Sora: What are you saying? That [Ansem, Seeker of Darkness] knew everything that would happen?
YMX: No, not everything. But remember, Ansem possessed Riku and saw his experiences in real time.
Sora: So? That could only tell him so much. How did he know I would be here today?
YMX: Simple.
Sora: Kairi!

In the last line, Kairi flies out of the secret place into his arms. Kairi does seem to answer Sora's question. Apprentice Xehanort set Kairi off to the Ocean Between, hoping that her light would guide her to the hero of the Keyblade. He was wrong, but Aqua's spell led her there anyway. Xehanort gave up his body, traveled through time to recruit YMX, and then returned to the present and followed Kairi to the DI and Sora. That was how he knew to be on the DI as it fell (to let the Xehanorts into the RoS and Sora's dreams).

Now THIS is EXTREMELY interesting and serves as a perfect example as to why I love Kingdom Hearts so much. Now I have even more questions haha.

So Apprentice Xehanort set Kairi off to the Ocean Between from Radiant Garden at some point right before or very early on in KHI yes?

And your last two sentences completely threw me for a loop! Which Xehanort gave up his body to recruit YMX - Apprentice Xehanort after he set Kairi off to the Ocean Between? The only form of Xehanort that was there when DI fell was SoD, no? Also, in their dialogue, why does YMX bring up Riku when he's basically saying Kairi was the key to him ending up on DI?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Whoa? Really? It was Ansem SoD? How do we know this and is there a scene that shows this?

There is no scene. SoD says it in his report. (Remember that all, except the first, Ansem Reports in KH1 were written by SoD/Xehanort's Heartless)

Ansem Report 11
Supposing that there is a close relationship between the Princesses and the Keyblade, it seems likely that they will resonate with each other...

I have chosen one special girl. I do not know if she possesses a power like that of the Princesses. But, there is a chance, and this is an experiment. She may lead me to the place where the one holding the key is...

I shall send her off to the ocean of other worlds.

Ok, so who is on the floor then? One of them is definitely Ienzo, but who else is that? It looks like Apprentice Xehanort himself. And how did he split himself anyway - by stabbing himself? Why exactly did Xehanort want to trick everyone into believing he had forgotten everything?

Ienzo and Even were on the floor. Yes, Xehanort splits his own self into two parts. The theory is that Xehanort didn't want his plans to be discovered by those who did know of him, like King Mickey and Yen Sid.

Can someone please link me to this scene?

There is no specific scene where Riku is sent to the Realm of Darkness, but there is a scene that shows Riku wandering the RoD after he was unable to regain control over his body.

TKTheKid

There is no scene. SoD says it in his report. (Remember that all, except the first, Ansem Reports in KH1 were written by SoD/Xehanort's Heartless)

Ansem Report 11
Supposing that there is a close relationship between the Princesses and the Keyblade, it seems likely that they will resonate with each other...

I have chosen one special girl. I do not know if she possesses a power like that of the Princesses. But, there is a chance, and this is an experiment. She may lead me to the place where the one holding the key is...

I shall send her off to the ocean of other worlds.

Ah, gotcha. So SoD went to Radiant Garden then? I guess he just ended up there as part of his wandering around?

Ienzo and Even were on the floor. Yes, Xehanort splits his own self into two parts. The theory is that Xehanort didn't want his plans to be discovered by those who did know of him, like King Mickey and Yen Sid.

Makes sense, but where did King Mickey and Yen Sid think Terra-Xehanort was at this point anyway? Did they actually know that Master Xehanort had taken over Terra's body? And when did they meet Ansem the Wise?

There is no specific scene where Riku is sent to the Realm of Darkness, but there is a scene that shows Riku wandering the RoD after he was unable to regain control over his body.

Ah, hah. Very cool! So Sora "kills" SoD and Riku immediately gains his normal body back, yes? And he doesn't take on that SoD look again until he's forced to use the darkness later to apprehend Roxas at the end of 358/2 Days?

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Now THIS is EXTREMELY interesting and serves as a perfect example as to why I love Kingdom Hearts so much. Now I have even more questions haha.

So Apprentice Xehanort set Kairi off to the Ocean Between from Radiant Garden at some point right before or very early on in KHI yes?
Not quite. Radiant Garden fell to the Heartless nine years before KH1. Apprentice Xehanort sent Kairi out to the Ocean Between some time before RG fell, so a little over nine years before KH1. Kairi arrived on the DI when she was 5, which is why she doesn't remember her original home (as stated in KH1). She grew up with Sora and Riku.

And your last two sentences completely threw me for a loop! Which Xehanort gave up his body to recruit YMX - Apprentice Xehanort after he set Kairi off to the Ocean Between? The only form of Xehanort that was there when DI fell was SoD, no? Also, in their dialogue, why does YMX bring up Riku when he's basically saying Kairi was the key to him ending up on DI?
Hahaha, odd as this answer is, yes. Apprentice Xehanort sent Kairi off to the Ocean Between and gave up his body to time travel. This split him into Ansem and Xemnas. Ansem traveled back in time and met YMX. Then he returned to the present and followed Kairi to the DI.

As for Riku, I have no idea. That line has never made any sense to me.

TKTheKid

I will respond to your responses and no doubt ask more questions later lol, but I also have a bunch of questions since I reread all of the Ansem Reports and Secret Reports. I should probably just make a separate thread for that, right? Thanks!

TKTheKid

Okay so I now know that Apprentice Xehanort or Ansem SoD sent Kairi out to the ocean of other worlds. But which was it? I'm pretty sure it was SoD, but just checking.

Where did King Mickey and Yen Sid think Terra-Xehanort was at this point anyway? Did they actually know that Master Xehanort had taken over Terra's body? Well King Mickey did right? He was at the Keyblade Graveyard after all. But yea, where did they think he went?

Once Riku gets his body back, he doesn't take on that SoD appearance again until he's forced to use the darkness later to apprehend Roxas at the end of 358/2 Days right? And that's why he remains stuck like that until late in KHII?

He didn't go to sleep until after they closed the door.

What is this about him (Riku) falling asleep?

Not quite. Radiant Garden fell to the Heartless nine years before KH1.

Whoa, when exactly? What caused this?

Xehanort gave up his body, traveled through time to recruit YMX, and then returned to the present and followed Kairi to the DI and Sora. That was how he knew to be on the DI as it fell (to let the Xehanorts into the RoS and Sora's dreams).

I get the whole thing about Ansem SoD going back to recruit YMX and then coming back to the present to follow Kairi, but I'm really confused by your last sentence. If Ansem SoD went back to YMX BEFORE he knew DI was going to fall to darkness, then how could he possibly have told YMX to be there when it fell to let the Xehanorts into the RoS and Sora's dreams? Unless Ansem SoD travelled back in time to YMX AFTER DI fell to darkness? If that's the case, then I'm good LOL.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Okay so I now know that Apprentice Xehanort or Ansem SoD sent Kairi out to the ocean of other worlds. But which was it? I'm pretty sure it was SoD, but just checking.

At the time the report was written, that would be Apprentice Xehanort. Ansem SoD is his Heartless.

Where did King Mickey and Yen Sid think Terra-Xehanort was at this point anyway? Did they actually know that Master Xehanort had taken over Terra's body? Well King Mickey did right? He was at the Keyblade Graveyard after all. But yea, where did they think he went?

Somewhere else.

Once Riku gets his body back, he doesn't take on that SoD appearance again until he's forced to use the darkness later to apprehend Roxas at the end of 358/2 Days right? And that's why he remains stuck like that until late in KHII?

Riku only mentions the darkness but technically he's referring to Ansem SoD. When Sora defeated Ansem SoD at the end of KH1, it wasn't just his body that returned to Riku; it was Ansem in his entirety (i.e. the heart of Apprentice Xehanort went with it). Riku tapped into the dark power that resided within Xehanort's heart to defeat Roxas, and in doing so, took on his appearance.

He was able to return to his original form when Ansem the Wise's machine exploded in KH2, expelling Xehanort's heart from Riku's body.

What is this about him (Riku) falling asleep?

If you recall at the beginning of Chain of Memories, Riku was sleeping as he drifted from the Realm of Darkness into the Realm of Inbetween.

Whoa, when exactly? What caused this?

Like he said, 9 years before KH1. Leon mentions it specifically when he tells Sora about Maleficent upon his return to Traverse Town after the first string of worlds in KH1. Apprentice Xehanort unlocked the keyhole to Radiant Garden, and Maleficent ran the entire world over with her army of Heartless.

I get the whole thing about Ansem SoD going back to recruit YMX and then coming back to the present to follow Kairi, but I'm really confused by your last sentence. If Ansem SoD went back to YMX BEFORE he knew DI was going to fall to darkness, then how could he possibly have told YMX to be there when it fell to let the Xehanorts into the RoS and Sora's dreams? Unless Ansem SoD travelled back in time to YMX AFTER DI fell to darkness? If that's the case, then I'm good LOL.
[/quote]

tl;dr - Xehanort planned the entire thing. Let's just leave it at that.

Ummm, no offense but it might be in your best interest to play the games again or some equivalent of it if you have so many questions?

TKTheKid

Somewhere else.

Ok so I guess the answer is "they just don't know."

Ummm, no offense but it might be in your best interest to play the games again or some equivalent of it if you have so many questions?

Thanks for your responses Sign. And no offense taken. You're right. I've been telling myself to replay at least just KHI since replaying all of them would take literally 150+ hours. But, like you also suggested, I have been doing some equivalent of it: I've been reading message boards, wikis and the various Ansem Reports and such. That's been helping a lot and, of course, so have everyone's responses. I'm not as lost as I seem to be! Honest! Hahaha, I just love to delve deeper into it. And hey, even though I love this whole story, you can't tell me that it's not a little tricky to wrap your head around lol.

Anyway, I would still love the answer to this bit if someone would please humor me:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

You got something mixed up there, it isn't YMX who is there at the time DI fell to darkness, it's Ansem SoD in the brown robe. HE acts as the portal the other Xehanort's use to enter the realm of sleep.
Ansem knew the Destiny Islands would fall to darkness because he himself engineered it.

It goes like this:

1. Ansem SoD, after becoming just a heart, travels very far back in time to kick-start the back-up plan by meeting Young Xehanort when he was still living on the islands (and therefore no Keyblade Wielder yet).

2. Ansem moves forward again with the flow of time to the point where he tracks the world Kairi had ended up in (Apprentice Xehanort tossed her out into the ocean of worlds, and as Ansem SoD retains Apprentice Norts memories he knew about that) and causes its fall to darkness by manipulating Riku into opening the door to Destiny Island's heart and set the Heartless loose upon it.
That simultaneously sets in motion both the events of KH 1 and the possibility for Young Xehanort to use Ansem's portal power to reach the Realm of sleep.

Smithee

Awards
AX's stealing of Ansem's name may have had something to do with Terra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back