• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Questions about events during COM/Days

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Monty1988

Hi all I just finished watching days on PS4 and have a bit of confusion I want to clarify.
1. What was the main purpose of Namine screwing with Soras memory? I know Marluxia wanted to do it to use him but we’re they also initially meant to wipe his memory completely? And if so I’m sure Xemnas knew about this plan so Xion would take those memories and they can use her.
2. What exactly were axels motives during this time? Was he sent specifically by Saïx under Xemnas’ Command to get rid of the traitors, being Marluxia and Larxene? So why were xexion and vexen sent there? I’m assuming vexen to work on Xion since she’s one of his replicas?
3. How did Xemnas know tbat Roxas is Soras nobody?
4. At one point In days Roxas fights a giant heartless and it turns out to be Xion instead, was this to “force” them to fight and have one eliminate the other?

Honestly I understand the series so far and I’m playing them all as I have kh3 as well but man, if you overthink this stuff it makes you feel crazy!!

Awards
1. The Organization was originally using her to make Xion, but Marluxia and Larxene took the reigns for their own little mutiny. It was never to erase his memories, as that would destroy Sora's heart.

2. Axel and Saix were conspiring together to get into the Organization's top brass, for reasons clarified in KH3. Vexen and Zexion were simply in the way, and Saix may or may not have had a hand in sending them there.

3. He met Sora personally in KH1FM, which happened in an optional boss battle. Xemnas calling Roxas "Sora" for the first time (which we see in the opening of KH2) happened right after that battle.

4. Yes.

Last edited:

Monty1988

Why wouldn’t they just wipe Sora of his memories and give them to Xion and just rid Sora entirely since he was such a threat? Did Sora NEED to remain alive for his memories and abilities to transfer to Roxas? And therefore over to Xion? I mean just get rid of Sora and use Roxas for there heart stealing scheme, why complicate it? I wasn’t aware that a nobody can’t co-exist without there original self being alive

Monty1988

I’m just confused about Xemnas’ main plan for Sora himself. He must have known the organization was going to lure him to CO? For the purpose of Xion. What exactly did they want Namine to do to him? Just “mess” with his memories? That wouldn’t really stop him from being a problem eventually. Just capture the guy, use him until Xion is done, and get rid of him. Lol

Wallflower3582

So I'm not sure if this scene is in the PS4 cutscenes or just in the original game, but at one point after Axel returns from Castle Oblivion, Saïx confronts him and asks if he's found "the chamber." The reason he asked that is because Xemnas was trying to find
Spoiler Spoiler Show
As far as I know that was Xemnas main interest in CO. Since CO is so difficult to navigate, they could never find it though. I believe Naminé was born in CO, right after Sora turned into a heartless, where Marluxia then found her and began plotting to use her to overthrow Xemnas. When Marly and Larxene started getting ideas of their own, Xemnas and Saïx knew about it, which is why they sent them away to CO, in order to keep them away from the rest of the organization, and Axel was sent along with to eliminate the traitors. Cos he always gets stuck with the icky jobs. Edit: Naminé disconnected all of Sora's memories to implant her own, (like removing links from a chain) and they were just floating around in Sora's heart, not connected to the rest of his memory. When she did that, some of the links drifted to the hearts connected to Sora (namely, Roxas and Xion), entrapping them there. I always understood that to have been a mistake though, not an intentional plan or anything. Sora's memories of Kairi were what shaped Xion though, which is why she looks like her. Xion was only ever meant to be a failsafe in case Roxas didn't work out, she wasn't meant to get Sora's memories.

Yeah, Kingdom Hearts can be confusing and a little overwhelming, but it's really worth it. It can be so much fun to pick it apart and theorize, and because of that I will never love another story as much as I love this one. My biggest piece of advice is not to rush through too much, remember that the fandom has been around for 17 years. Not everything was explained right away, and things are still being clarified one game at a time. So keep playing and keep asking questions and it'll all make sense. Eventually. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Monty1988

So I'm not sure if this scene is in the PS4 cutscenes or just in the original game, but at one point after Axel returns from Castle Oblivion, Saïx confronts him and asks if he's found "the chamber." The reason he asked that is because Xemnas was trying to find
Spoiler Spoiler Show
As far as I know that was Xemnas main interest in CO. Since CO is so difficult to navigate, they could never find it though. I believe Naminé was born in CO, right after Sora turned into a heartless, where Marluxia then found her and began plotting to use her to overthrow Xemnas. When Marly and Larxene started getting ideas of their own, Xemnas and Saïx knew about it, which is why they sent them away to CO, in order to keep them away from the rest of the organization, and Axel was sent along with to eliminate the traitors. Cos he always gets stuck with the icky jobs. Edit: Naminé disconnected all of Sora's memories to implant her own, (like removing links from a chain) and they were just floating around in Sora's heart, not connected to the rest of his memory. When she did that, some of the links drifted to the hearts connected to Sora (namely, Roxas and Xion), entrapping them there. I always understood that to have been a mistake though, not an intentional plan or anything. Sora's memories of Kairi were what shaped Xion though, which is why she looks like her. Xion was only ever meant to be a failsafe in case Roxas didn't work out, she wasn't meant to get Sora's memories.

Yeah, Kingdom Hearts can be confusing and a little overwhelming, but it's really worth it. It can be so much fun to pick it apart and theorize, and because of that I will never love another story as much as I love this one. My biggest piece of advice is not to rush through too much, remember that the fandom has been around for 17 years. Not everything was explained right away, and things are still being clarified one game at a time. So keep playing and keep asking questions and it'll all make sense. Eventually. :biggrin:

I see it kind of makes sense. So Xemnas had no clue about Namine? It was just Marluxia and Larxene?. I just thought they were rearranging memories from Sora to create Xion. Or was Xemnas only aware they were going to use “some” of Soras memories ONLY to create her and then Sora wouldn’t matter anymore. If so then Xemnas must have known about Namine as she’s the only one who can rearrange memories. Also, I know Xion was purposely paired with Roxas to have Soras memories and abilities go from him to her. So again if that’s the case then Xemnas knew Sora memories and powers were special and had to have known about Namine and her ability to help them create Xion from Sora.

Wallflower3582

I see it kind of makes sense. So Xemnas had no clue about Namine? It was just Marluxia and Larxene?. I just thought they were rearranging memories from Sora to create Xion. Or was Xemnas only aware they were going to use “some” of Soras memories ONLY to create her and then Sora wouldn’t matter anymore. If so then Xemnas must have known about Namine as she’s the only one who can rearrange memories. Also, I know Xion was purposely paired with Roxas to have Soras memories and abilities go from him to her. So again if that’s the case then Xemnas knew Sora memories and powers were special and had to have known about Namine and her ability to help them create Xion from Sora.

I'm sure he was aware of Naminé's existence, but she didn't really matter to him. And Xion wasn't created using Sora's memories, she's a replica of Roxas, with the sole intent of being a Keyblade wielder. I'm not sure if you watched Days before playing KH2 or not, but Xemnas is trying to create an artificial Kingdom Hearts using the hearts of people, which are released from heartless every time they are destroyed by a Keyblade. When anything besides a Keyblade/power from a Keyblade destroys them, the heart isn't freed, and doesn't return to his Kingdom Hearts. So Xion was another Keyblade bearer to speed up his cause, and to replace Roxas as the wielder on the team in case he didn't work out. Xemnas and the rest of Org. 13 manipulated Sora in 2 so that he continued to fight heartless and release hearts, so that would probably be the biggest reason they didn't try to destroy him at CO: he was definitely still useful to them.

As for the absorption of Roxas power/Sora's memories, I think that was more of a side-effect of Naminé repairing Sora's memories, I don't think it was their plan up front. Xemnas, realizing that Sora was more of a threat than they anticipated, decided he'd be better off in a coma while Roxas and Xion did all the heart collecting for him, so he made sure that some of the memories stayed in them, preventing him from waking. But as Roxas began to doubt his identity (a side effect of gaining Sora's memories), Xemnas decided having two Keyblade wielders was too risky and they only needed one of them. Xion was easier for them to control, being a replica, so he intended for her to absorb Roxas' power and more of Sora's memories until Roxas became obsolete.

Last edited:

Monty1988

Well it says right in the kingdom hearts wiki “Xion is an imperfect replica of Roxas created from Soras leaked memories”. My take is this, Xemnas found Sora in KH1 and realized his potential. He found Roxas before hand as he States to Roxas at the start of KH2, “I’ve been to see him he looks a lot like you”. So he used Roxas for his Keyblade and made Xion from his leaked memories while of course knowing Namine was going to screw with them(but not to the degree of marluxias intent), in case Roxas didn’t follow through. He never planned on Roxas or Xion to question there existence or find out about Sora but this was a side effect they probably didn’t plan for. I wonder though did Xemnas know the fate of sora going into a coma? And that’s why he ordered Namine to mess with his memories, planning to purposely comatose him and get him out of the pictrue? And you also say Xemnas has no use for Namine? He must have since Xion was obviously xemnas’ plan and he knew she would be created from leaked memories that only Namine could cause

Back