• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joy

Bronze Member
When the soul leaves the body, its vessel, life gives way to death, but what about when the heart leaves?

This quote brings up something in my mind for a theory on the unbirths. More specifically, is this fact, as in, Ansem has tested this and has seen beings die, fully (including the soul) as the soul leaves the body? Or does he mean only the body dies? Or just the heart? Heart & body?

Speaking biologically, it would mean that the body and heart die, as the soul isn't living so to speak. Does that mean that the soul is able to live on as another, separate being? Or does it vanish? Ansem seems to either assume this and do away with it, or has seen or is able to frequently remove the soul from a being.

This sentence is so extremely vague, it's ridiculous.

A

Audo

I'd assume, the soul leaves and everything dies. Meaning, heart, body, everything.
Repliku died this way. His heart was not stolen, nor did it turn into a Heartless, he flat out died.

So i'm assuming Ansem knows what he is talking about. Because, before the Heartless, I bet people died normally all the time.
But I suppose we cant be sure completely. D:

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I understand it completely (due to the fact that I've been discussing this with you for the last 10 minutes XD). It's an interesting question in regards to AtW. He's a scientist, so even though the idea of the soul leaving the body as death approaches is a common mythological belief, it's not like him to assume things. Back then, he was still in the process of figuring out the heartless. People say all the time that AtW will have a miniscule role in BBS, at the end, just taking in Xehanort. It'd be a real twist if it turned out that Ansem knows from experimental experience what exactly happens when the soul leaves the body.

Edit: I mean, granted, I'm sure people do die in KH, but it's still kind of presumptuous of him in a way.

Joy

Bronze Member
Yeah, people died, but that's not what I'm asking.

I'm asking what part of the person dies when the soul leaves? The soul as per common belief is not truly alive, and is the body it's "vessel" showing a difference between the two. The soul uses the body as a vessel, so, is it really alive? Or is just the body alive?

Damn ansem and his wording

Edit: Also, there is a difference between dying by having the soul leave the body, and being shot in the head.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
You see, that's the problem with Nomura imo. He creates these idealisms in his little kH universe, based on topics that have too many variables to be considered as simple as he makes them out to be.

Joy

Bronze Member
0.o

He did? I thought he was like, cut in half or something.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I always wondered about Repliku. Did he even have a real soul and heart? I mean, how could he? Did he just act as if he had a heart, the way Org. members soemetimes do? And as for the soul, considering he died, as opposed to being borken, it questions how artificial he was in the first place.

Cissy

Bronze Member
Well, Vexen created him, so I'm sure Vexen made *some* form of heart...

Maybe it wasn't real, like an illusion. He thought he had feelings and real heart when he didn't.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I figured the heart was a fake one, giving Riku false impressions for the already fake memories of Naminè. The issue how his soul is still up in the air though =/.

Cissy

Bronze Member
Yeah, I don't think Vexen could re-make a soul.

Unless he's G-d, or something.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
D: Unbirths = Ghosts.
It's possible, and then BBS did whatever it did so that Ghosts weren't created anymore.
Fun.

And Repliku had a Heart, it just didn't come from a "standard" location.
And we actually don't even know that; who's to say Vexen didn't grab a Heartless or something and shoved it into a Body he made?

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
So, then it's debatable. He may have died, or he could've just been permanently broken. I doubt we'll ever know Nomura's specifications for what technically counts as life. I'd imagine a soul, considering what he made AtW write in that report. But, it's just more speculation.

Cissy

Bronze Member
Oh no! I've died from a car accident! Drowned. Disease.

I imagine these things constitute as death. Doubt we see this in KH, though.

A

Audo

of course he had a heart, how else would Nami be able to manipulate the memories that were inside of it? D:

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
But if the Org could create a real heart, then why did they go through the trouble of trying to form kingdom hearts?

Cissy

Bronze Member
Maybe Vexen's artificial hearts were still in the beta stages...

Then Axel killed him, and unintentionally screwed them all. D:

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Maybe it was functional enough to store false memories, but it was still artificial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back