• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question on Sora & Riku

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubine

I want to know, the keyblade that Sora uses, who does it belong to? I've read that it was Riku's and now I'm hearing it was Ventus' so I'm confused T^T, same thing with Riku's keyblade, were we ever told where it came from?

Monkey D. Rocky

Riku's Keyblade came from Terra. Terra performed the Keyblade Ceremony (I think that's what its called) and basically made it so that Riku would get his own Keyblade when he was strong enough. At the beginning of KH1, Riku was strong enough, but let the darkness swallow him and his Keyblade up. Sora went into the darkness to save his friend but he was unsuccessful. Instead, he used Riku's Keyblade to get out of the darkness. And in Hollow Bastion, Sora was seen to be a better fit for the Keyblade, therefore Sora became a true Keyblade Wielder. Ventus was not the cause of Sora getting the Keyblade, but the cause of Sora's Nobody (a.k.a. Roxas) to look exactly like Ventus. Hope this clears things up, if I am wrong on anything please let me know other KHinsider members.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Riku's Keyblade came from Terra. Terra performed the Keyblade Ceremony (I think that's what its called) and basically made it so that Riku would get his own Keyblade when he was strong enough.

The Rite of Succession. And it doesn't guarantee that the successor would receive a Keyblade. It's more or less like a letter of recommendation. You would automatically receive the ability to wield, but it's entirely possible that you may never receive a Keyblade.

At the beginning of KH1, Riku was strong enough, but let the darkness swallow him and his Keyblade up. Sora went into the darkness to save his friend but he was unsuccessful. Instead, he used Riku's Keyblade to get out of the darkness.

The darkness that was surrounding Sora and Riku in the beginning of KH1 during the storm was Riku's darkness. The blinding flash of light that followed was Riku's light. Because Sora touched that light, he was able to wield the Kingdom Key although it was still technically Riku's at that time.

And in Hollow Bastion, Sora was seen to be a better fit for the Keyblade, therefore Sora became a true Keyblade Wielder.

Yes, Sora proved his heart's strength as more powerful than Riku's, and the Kingdom Key chose him over its intended wielder.

Ventus was not the cause of Sora getting the Keyblade, but the cause of Sora's Nobody (a.k.a. Roxas) to look exactly like Ventus. Hope this clears things up, if I am wrong on anything please let me know other KHinsider members.

You're right on the money with that! To add, it's Ventus's Keyblade along with Sora's own that both he and Roxas use while dual-wielding.

Monkey D. Rocky

Thank you Sign for clearing up what I said. But at then end of KH358/2 when Roxas is dual-wielding, isn't he actually dual-wielding Sora and Xion's keyblades? Because if it was Ventus and Sora's keyblades, then Roxas would have been able to dual-wield at any time. But after Xion dies at the end of KH358/2 Roxas obtains her Keyblade, and is able to dual-wield.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
In a way, the Kingdom Key can still be considered to be Riku's keyblade (well, both Sora's and Riku's, anyways). While it's still fairly unclear as to what happened on the night of the storm, this is my interpretation of the Kingdom Key's origin:

Riku originally passed the Keyblade Ceremony with Terra because he had a strong desire to protect his friends. As that desire was forgotten, he could not truly become a wielder. However, even though his desire was forgotten, it could never truly disappear; so, it took form as the act of Riku passing down the Kingdom Key to Sora, who was dangerously close to becoming overwhelmed by Riku's Darkness. Through that act, Riku unknowingly protected Sora.

So where did Riku get his 2nd keyblade from? o_o
To be honest, we're not exactly sure how he even got his first keyblade, WtD.

As for his second keyblade, I personally think it might have to do with both Riku's refusal to kill Namine and Kairi's and Namine's union. If Aqua acquired the Destiny's Embrace keychain by protecting Kairi, then Riku would get the Destiny's Embrace keyblade by protecting Namine (and some complicated shit involving Namine's union with Kairi).

Thank you Sign for clearing up what I said. But at then end of KH358/2 when Roxas is dual-wielding, isn't he actually dual-wielding Sora and Xion's keyblades? Because if it was Ventus and Sora's keyblades, then Roxas would have been able to dual-wield at any time. But after Xion dies at the end of KH358/2 Roxas obtains her Keyblade, and is able to dual-wield.
Roxas was dual-wielding Sora's and Ven's keyblade; I don't recall Xion's keyblade ever being real. Roxas gaining the dual-wielding ability was a result of his strong will to not forget Xion.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
In a way, the Kingdom Key can still be considered to be Riku's keyblade (well, both Sora's and Riku's, anyways). While it's still fairly unclear as to what happened on the night of the storm, this is my interpretation of the Kingdom Key's origin:

Riku originally passed the Keyblade Ceremony with Terra because he had a strong desire to protect his friends. As that desire was forgotten, he could not truly become a wielder. However, even though his desire was forgotten, it could never truly disappear; so, it took form as the act of Riku passing down the Kingdom Key to Sora, who was dangerously close to becoming overwhelmed by Riku's Darkness. Through that act, Riku unknowingly protected Sora.

To be honest, we're not exactly sure how he even got his first keyblade, WtD.

As for his second keyblade, I personally think it might have to do with both Riku's refusal to kill Namine and Kairi's and Namine's union.

Roxas was dual-wielding his and Ven's keyblade; I don't recall Xion's keyblade ever being real. Roxas gaining the dual-wielding ability was a result of his strong will to not forget Xion.
Diddnt he get the way to the dawn by having his soul eater blade evolve into a keyblade?

Nayru's Love

Awards
Diddnt he get the way to the dawn by having his soul eater blade evolve into a keyblade?

Soul Eater didn't really "evolve" since Riku could still summon it in 3D; if anything, it was used as an intermediary. As for how it was one, that's still unclear.

billyzanesucks

Riku still calls (or called) WtD "Soul Eater," so logically SE transformed into WtD and temporarily reverted when Riku was doubting himself.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Riku still calls (or called) WtD "Soul Eater," so logically SE transformed into WtD and temporarily reverted when Riku was doubting himself.
Does he refer to it as SE during 3D, or are you mainly referring to KH2? (Still need to finish 3D, so I'm not sure myself)

Either way, it doesn't make sense for Riku to control his sense of doubt like that, let alone keyblades being able to react to those moments. Otherwise, why hasn't there been other instances of keyblades reverting back to base stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back