• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question on Roleplaying

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miasthma

Awards
So I started to look at other sections of the site for the first time outside of the discussion forums for the games, and I found the roleplaying section. Also go ahead and move this thread if it's in the wrong place.

Anyways, I was wondering if that part of the site is mostly dying (I don't know, the several RPs I looked at were dead or dying) or if it is worth trying to participate in any of the ongoing ones that aren't dead?

For example, I stumbled upon KH Arcana, thought it was awesome, then noticed it started years ago and died last fall. So it's like "Oooh this looks coo --- oh wait."

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i joined my first roleplay, a horror roleplay, in 2012. i wrote myself into a corner and my character was going to die in the next post.

i survived because the RP died and the other 3 members stopped posting, so, in my experience, i was pretty successful.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
The RP forums aren't dying or dead, but they are slow. Very slow. (Except for Arcana. That's ded.) For example in the Original RP sections, I have two RPs up and running, though the majority of the posters involved also have a lot of real life stuff going on (myself included) so posting is at a crawl atm. The Canon RP sections has one or two RPs going, but the same thing is going on there, with the majority of posters having to deal with irl stuff. We had a post in the Roleplaying Tavern listing all the current RPs and roleplayers, but it hasn't been updated in a while. Off the top of my head, these role plays are still going and are open to join: To Kingdom Hearts:
Appreciate the Simple Stuff (Original)
CLASSIC [Multiplayer Edition] (Original)
Clarity (Original)
Race of a Lifetime (KH Cannon)

these are closed, but you can probably still get in if you ask nicely. It depends on the person in charge though:
Sword Art Online: Recurrence/Rebirth (Sword Art Online Canon)
Kingdom Spirits (Mix of Digimon and...uh...something else I can't remember. Super heroes? I can't remember, sorry. Canon)

Of course, you can also create your own roleplay if you'd like! There are plenty of people there that would be happy to help you go through with it!

D

Deleted member 36435

roleplaying makes you an objectively worse person (see: jeremy)

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Since I'm mostly here to RP, am I the worst person?

No, you're not the wrong person. You're quite informative and helpful over the matter at hand.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on roleplaying. The way I see it, roleplaying can be good for the mind in terms of imagination and writing.

Last edited:

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
No, you're not the wrong person. You're quite informative and helpful over the matter at hand.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on roleplaying. The way I see it, roleplaying can be good for the mind in terms of imagination and writing.

this is all in good fun. No one is being serious with calling it "the worse" or anything.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
The RP forums aren't dying or dead, but they are slow. Very slow. (Except for Arcana. That's ded.) For example in the Original RP sections, I have two RPs up and running, though the majority of the posters involved also have a lot of real life stuff going on (myself included) so posting is at a crawl atm. The Canon RP sections has one or two RPs going, but the same thing is going on there, with the majority of posters having to deal with irl stuff. We had a post in the Roleplaying Tavern listing all the current RPs and roleplayers, but it hasn't been updated in a while. Off the top of my head, these role plays are still going and are open to join: To Kingdom Hearts:
Clarity (Original)

these are closed, but you can probably still get in if you ask nicely. It depends on the person in charge though:
Kingdom Spirits (Mix of Digimon and...uh...something else I can't remember. Super heroes? I can't remember, sorry. Canon)

Of course, you can also create your own roleplay if you'd like! There are plenty of people there that would be happy to help you go through with it!

You got the first part right; it's actually an mixture of both Digimon and Kingdom Hearts with some The World Ends With You elements in it. Also you were talking about The Miracles which is the Superhero RP you mentioned in there.

Granted, I haven't gotten it up and running but it's going under heavy construction so maybe around Summer, maybe??

Miasthma

Awards
Clarity (Original)

Thanks! That was helpful. I haven't decided if/when I'm gonna submit a template to what yet or if I want to create my own, but now I can think about it knowing it's not dead or anything. I definitely understand the irl stuff we all deal with that takes time away from things like this.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Well, this is just perfect. I came onto this site for the first time in well over a year to ask basically the same questions. I'll have to start an RP (original) then and see what happens.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
You got the first part right; it's actually an mixture of both Digimon and Kingdom Hearts with some The World Ends With You elements in it. Also you were talking about The Miracles which is the Superhero RP you mentioned in there.

Granted, I haven't gotten it up and running but it's going under heavy construction so maybe around Summer, maybe??
Oh yeah, that's right! The sign ups for The Miracles can be found here as well, if anyone is interested. If you need help with plot lines or something, lemme know. No guarantees but I can try to help out in some way.
Thanks! That was helpful. I haven't decided if/when I'm gonna submit a template to what yet or if I want to create my own, but now I can think about it knowing it's not dead or anything. I definitely understand the irl stuff we all deal with that takes time away from things like this.
You're welcome, pal. Give it some thought, we'd be happy to have more people around and a lot of us are all available if you need help with anything.

Well, this is just perfect. I came onto this site for the first time in well over a year to ask basically the same questions. I'll have to start an RP (original) then and see what happens.
Dope! Your name sounds familiar in the forums so I kinda remember you from a long time ago, I think? Might have you mixed up with someone else tbh. Either way, I'm looking forward to what you come up with!

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Dope! Your name sounds familiar in the forums so I kinda remember you from a long time ago, I think? Might have you mixed up with someone else tbh. Either way, I'm looking forward to what you come up with!

You probably do remember me. I was mostly active in the RP section, and I've been a member since '05. I've got an idea in the works but it's pretty grand, so I might have to work on a smaller more manageable one in the mean time.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Oh yeah, that's right! The sign ups for The Miracles can be found here as well, if anyone is interested. If you need help with plot lines or something, lemme know. No guarantees but I can try to help out in some way.

You're welcome, pal. Give it some thought, we'd be happy to have more people around and a lot of us are all available if you need help with anything.

You know, it just happens that I do need some help on The Miracles and I'd like for you to look it through and see if it sounds fine or it does really need a major remaking.

I'd like for us to either Pm or Vm about it, you pick. While I already have my character bio written up, I feel like I should rewrite it better. :/

Also, Thor, you're welcome to join up on any rps. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back