• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question [iPod related - le gasp-]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Euphoria

I've been here for 8 years. Wot?
Awards
Aye, so here's the story;

I had all my iTunes loaded onto my laptop. I come home one day and all the memory on my laptop had been dumped and it was unusable from that point on.
I loaded iTunes onto another computer in our house since I would be using it from now on. I had about 600 songs and a majority of those were either downloaded from borrowed CD's, downloaded from iTunes store or downloaded off of limewire [oh noes]. I can't get back those CD's, I believe I can re-download purchased songs and I can't download limewire onto this computer because it's not mine.

FINALLY...the question. xD

Is there a way to transfer the songs from the iPod TO the computer? I know that if I plug it in iTunes would wipe out the songs on the iPod and replace them with the songs that are on the library [which is at a tiny 139 songs atm].
The site isn't helping me so I turn to you all.

Thanks ya much~

Kingdom2917

Im so cool, I can STILL receive rep
Website
www.myspace.com
Aye, so here's the story;

I had all my iTunes loaded onto my laptop. I come home one day and all the memory on my laptop had been dumped and it was unusable from that point on.
I loaded iTunes onto another computer in our house since I would be using it from now on. I had about 600 songs and a majority of those were either downloaded from borrowed CD's, downloaded from iTunes store or downloaded off of limewire [oh noes]. I can't get back those CD's, I believe I can re-download purchased songs and I can't download limewire onto this computer because it's not mine.

FINALLY...the question. xD

Is there a way to transfer the songs from the iPod TO the computer? I know that if I plug it in iTunes would wipe out the songs on the iPod and replace them with the songs that are on the library [which is at a tiny 139 songs atm].
The site isn't helping me so I turn to you all.

Thanks ya much~

I don't know about the first part, but actually iTunes won't wipe out the songs you have, it will ask you if you would like to burn those songs onto your iPod and will still keep the songs you already have, but when the message pops up make sure that you tell it you want to keep songs on the ipod and download the new ones. But if I am not mistaken if you were to put your ipod into itunes it should also download the songs you have onto the itunes folder.

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
iTunes doesn't like you to put songs FROM the iPod TO the comp. Because, you know, then you wouldn't have to ever buy any music, just find a friend to put it on your iPod, then put it on your own computer.

However, there are a lot of sites that will get you around that. I don't recall the name right now... I think my friend uses "Eph"pod? I don't remember...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back