• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about Young Xehanort...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dioscurio

First of all, hi to you all! I have been a watcher of this website and forum since many years ago, and basically, it's my primary source of news and information about the series. You guys always have an answer for my questions by watching this forum :biggrin: I hope to get along with everyone.

Secondly, I'm spanish, so even if I can perfectly understand you , I'm not sure I can write English very well. So sorry for my English in advance~

Well, here I go... From what I understood when I played DDD two years ago, Ansem SOD (as Robed Figure) went back in time to give his time-travel power to Young Xehanort, so he could travel to the future and gather all of his incarnations to the future when Master Xehanort is finally complete. This include Ansem SOD, who in that time, has Riku's body. So, the timeline of the time travel in my head is the following:

1. Young Xehanort obtain the power to travel across time from Robed Figure.
2. YX travels to the time in KH1 when Ansem SOD have possessed Riku's body and have reshaped it into his own body (after Sora vs Ansem-Riku), and collected him.
3. He collected Xemnas in any point between his born and his defeat at Sora and Riku's hands.
4. When he have Ansem SOD (with Riku's body) and Xemnas, he travel to the present at TWTNW to see the return of MX after Sora and Riku's arrival.

And my question is... How could Young Xehanort go forward in the timeline to collect Ansem SOD who had Riku's body in that time, and then travel back to the time Destiny Islands were falling into sleep to pursuit Sora and Riku if you can only travel in one direction trought time?

I hope I have made clear my doubt despite my English :frown:

Last edited:

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Bienvenido a KHinsider! El ingles tuyo es tremendo y eso es vederera una pregunta dificil.

Possibly that right after he received the time traveling powers. He went back to that moment to meet with the Cloak Man and there they went on with each other.

Dioscurio

Bienvenido a KHinsider! El ingles tuyo es tremendo y eso es vederera una pregunta dificil.

Possibly that right after he received the time traveling powers. He went back to that moment to meet with the Cloak Man and there they went on with each other.

Thanks!

But you can only move in one direction when you're time-traveling, so if YX went forward to gather his incarnations, then he couldn't travel back to the moment he met Robed Figure without ending the time-travel sesión and losing his memories of the future, isn't it?

Gram

Banned
Awards
And my question is... How could Young Xehanort go forward in the timeline to collect Ansem SOD who had Riku's body in that time, and then travel back to the time Destiny Islands were falling into sleep to pursuit Sora and Riku if you can only travel in one direction trought time?
That is indeed the case. YX points pout specifically he can only "move forward as per the laws of time" upon arrival.

The case of Ansem & Xemnas is actually described as being "outside" time by Nomura in an interview here:
— After generating and before attacking Sora, were Xemnas and Ansem somewhere that exceeded beyond time?

Nomura: That’s right.
link: KH3D Famitsu Weekly Interview Translated! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Wherever they are they aren't within the confines of time anymore. I think its also important to note that Yen Sid says the Realm of Sleep is a realm in which "real time does not flow". Ansem & Xemnas are somewhere outside time and the realm of sleep in which DDD takes place is in a realm also outside time.

Perhaps Ansem & Xemnas are there and YX is just collecting them.

Dioscurio

That is indeed the case. YX points pout specifically he can only "move forward as per the laws of time" upon arrival.

The case of Ansem & Xemnas is actually described as being "outside" time by Nomura in an interview here:

link: KH3D Famitsu Weekly Interview Translated! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Wherever they are they aren't within the confines of time anymore. I think its also important to note that Yen Sid says the Realm of Sleep is a realm in which "real time does not flow". Ansem & Xemnas are somewhere outside time and the realm of sleep in which DDD takes place is in a realm also outside time.

Perhaps Ansem & Xemnas are there and YX is just collecting them.

I'm not sure if I follow you...

Are you saying that YX can really travel forward to collect Ansem and Xemnas, and then travel back to the moment Destiny Islands are being destroyed?

Maybe I don't understand 100% the restriction of "Upon arrival, you can only move forward as per the laws of time.". I thought this rule meant you couldn't go in several directions at the same time-travel session :/

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'm not sure if I follow you...

Are you saying that YX can really travel forward to collect Ansem and Xemnas, and then travel back to the moment Destiny Islands are being destroyed?

Maybe I don't understand 100% the restriction of "Upon arrival, you can only move forward as per the laws of time.". I thought this rule meant you couldn't go in several directions at the same time-travel session :/
Ah sorry for the confusion, disregard the theory ramble. Let me try to answer it again simpler.

YX had already pulled Ansem & Xemnas out of the past along with all the other Xehanorts waiting at The World That Never Was.
Meaning YX wasn't hopping back and forth, he definitely went a straight line and picked up the members he needed to along the way. It's just that once he gathered them all in the present he had Ansem & Xemnas follow him from there to the realm of sleep to harass Sora & Riku.
(while the other Xehanorts waited in TWTNW for them to arrive and for MX to revive)

It's also best to point out that while Robed Figure Ansem shared the power with YX it was never said he lost it himself and if you notice the only one you see when Sora & Riku are on the islands is Ansem.
So to answer that bit the simplest answer is Ansem went to YX, shared his power, then went forward himself to the night Destiny Islands fell.

Despite the time travel jargon it all takes place in the present. The only time someone is in the past during DDD is when Sora & Riku first arrive on the islands.
The Realm of Sleep itself lies outside time so once there they was no longer in the past.

Last edited:

Dioscurio

Ah sorry for the confusion, disregard the theory ramble. Let me try to answer it again simpler.

YX had already pulled Ansem & Xemnas out of the past along with all the other Xehanorts waiting at The World That Never Was.
Meaning YX wasn't hopping back and forth, he definitely went a straight line and picked up the members he needed to along the way. It's just that once he gathered them all in the present he had Ansem & Xemnas follow him from there to the realm of sleep to harass Sora & Riku.
(while the other Xehanorts waited in TWTNW for them to arrive and for MX to revive)

It's also best to point out that while Robed Figure Ansem shared the power with YX it was never said he lost it himself and if you notice the only one you see when Sora & Riku are on the islands is Ansem.
So to answer that bit the simplest answer is Ansem went to YX, shared his power, then went forward himself to the night Destiny Islands fell.

Despite the time travel jargon it all takes place in the present. The only time someone is in the past during DDD is when Sora & Riku first arrive on the islands.
The Realm of Sleep itself lies outside time so once there they was no longer in the past.

Mmmm, so YX used RF as a Portal to enter the Realm of Sleep in the present without going to the past... That makes sense. But still confuses me the fact that he can enter the Realm of Sleep only because RF was there.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Mmmm, so YX used RF as a Portal to enter the Realm of Sleep in the present without going to the past... That makes sense. But still confuses me the fact that he can enter the Realm of Sleep only because RF was there.

Meh don't worry. It is definitely confusing because that part isn't really explained. Nomura just says Robed Figure acted as their portal to the Realm of Sleep this why he was on the islands.

Dioscurio

Meh don't worry. It is definitely confusing because that part isn't really explained. Nomura just says Robed Figure acted as their portal to the Realm of Sleep this why he was on the islands.

Okay, I'm not going to be worried about that for now. I just hope Nomura will explain everything when the Xehanort Saga ends...

Thank you for your answers, Gram!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back