• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question About Xigbar/Braig & Saïx/Isa

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae87

This may have been covered already, but I couldn't find it on any of the threads I was read, so I figured I may as well ask.

In the ending of DDD, are we seeing Braig and Isa or Xigbar and Saïx? Were they recompleted? I know they didn't show up at Radiant Garden for Lea to find, but I had assumed they ran off to be with MX. It's the whole time-travel thing that's throwing me off, too. With that, they could have been in the room in both forms for all I know.

Anyway, let me know what the current theory is. Thanks, guys!

LMNOP

This may have been covered already, but I couldn't find it on any of the threads I was read, so I figured I may as well ask.

In the ending of DDD, are we seeing Braig and Isa or Xigbar and Saïx? Were they recompleted? I know they didn't show up at Radiant Garden for Lea to find, but I had assumed they ran off to be with MX. It's the whole time-travel thing that's throwing me off, too. With that, they could have been in the room in both forms for all I know.

Anyway, let me know what the current theory is. Thanks, guys!

Its Isa and Braig as far as we know because Sora did defeat them in KH2 so Xigbar and Saix are gone, BUT Isa and Braig will probably still go by Saix and Xigbar due to there loyalty to Xehanort

HeartofTwilight

The "x" is the Recusant's Sigil (Mark of Heresy) - and it means a rejection of your previous self, in the KH context. Xemnas got all the Org. Members to put it in their names as a mark of no longer being who they were as full people, but Isa and Braig are still giving up their former selves - they are still recusants. It makes more sense for them to keep the new names then go back to their old names. They aren't going back to who they were, they are still rejecting the identities of Braig and Isa.

Jae87

Well again with the time travel- when they all begin fading away because their time is up, Isa and Braig fade away too, rather than just Darkness-Port away (though all of them fade the same). In theory, they should have been from that time if they were recompleted Somebodies, but if they were the Past's Nobodies of Saïx and Xigbar then it would make sense for them to fade away into time. (Again, all forms of Xehanort fade in the same manner, so it could have just been an sfx thing for dramatic effect...)

Maybe I'm just overthinking this? I agree that Sora defeated them and they've been recompleted as Somebodies (though still using their Organization's Recusant names), but I feel like there's a lot more going on with those two. I really do have a strong feeling that we'll be seeing doubles of them in KH3, especially if Sora is able to separate himself from Roxas and Xion. (If Sora can have a "Nobody" as a sidekick, why can't Xigbar?)

Original Sin

Well again with the time travel- when they all begin fading away because their time is up, Isa and Braig fade away too, rather than just Darkness-Port away (though all of them fade the same). In theory, they should have been from that time if they were recompleted Somebodies, but if they were the Past's Nobodies of Saïx and Xigbar then it would make sense for them to fade away into time. (Again, all forms of Xehanort fade in the same manner, so it could have just been an sfx thing for dramatic effect...)

I believe they're from that actual time, they were just at a different World when they were summoned. They actually faded back to Where they belonged; not When.

MasterZeR0

They are Xigbar and Saïx, regardless of whether or not they are nobodies or whole beings: The X represents the fact that they are 'Nortified.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I really do have a strong feeling that we'll be seeing doubles of them in KH3, especially if Sora is able to separate himself from Roxas and Xion. (If Sora can have a "Nobody" as a sidekick, why can't Xigbar?)

You forget one crucial point in this: Roxas and Xion (just like Naminé and Xemnas) are special cases who have their own consciousness and mind, they co-existed with Sora and several people in-universe treat them as their own entities (Sora even said so when he met Roxas in DDD).
As for Braig/Xigbar or Isa/Saix they are "normal" Nobodies and there is only one consciousness in the mix. When they became Heartless their memories, will and consciousness was transferred over to the Nobody, while i.e. Roxas started out completely blank and developed from scratch an own identity because Sora kept his own.
The same can be seen with Lea/Axel. Axel did develop a new heart, but that one was integrated into his original "Lea"-heart when he was reborn because there was only one consciousness in the mix. That's also why Lea has complete and full access to Axel's memories and sees them as his own while Sora's and Roxas' memories remain apart, because Roxas' memories belong to him and not to Sora since he has an own, independent mind. That's also why Roxas had to show his memories to Sora.

So, since Roxas has developed an own heart for his consciousness to settle in, when Sora manages to awake that heart and a functioning body can be created (Hello, Kairi *winks*) Roxas would be reborn as a true person and no longer be a "Nobody" at all.
Roxas' life/existence as a Nobody ended/was erased after he merged with Sora at the beginning of KH 2. That's why it's written in his character file in DDD that he "ceased to exist". The same would be true for Naminé and Xion, although with Xion there comes the additional complication that no one remembers her and her own memories are buried way deeper than Naminé's or Roxas'.

hoikess

THose are braig and isa but they probaly kept their xigbar and saix names becuase there loyalty to xehanort i guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back