• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about Xemnas,Xion,Ansem sod and Roxas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

D VLK

I've heard on mutliple occasions that xemnas probably did not choose to wield the keyblade. I always thought that you need to have a heart to wield a keyblade right? So let's assume that Xemnas purposely refrained from using a keyblade. Then that would mean that beings without a heart can alsu use a keyblade right?

Then we have roxas he wields a keyblade but that might be explained by ven's heart residing within his body. But where does the second keyblade come from?

Is it possible that nobodies can wield keyblades if thier somebodies can due to memorie transfer from the original to the nobody? As Xion also seemed to have a nobody and she is simply a repicla made from memories.

Then if this may be the case then why can't Ansem Sod use Terranorts Keyblade and have we only seen him using a keyblade while in riku's body who is also chosen keyblade wielder.

I mean him having a keyblade from Terranort could have shifted the tides in his facvour against sora and riku right?

axel95

Awards
Honestly, I think Terra's heart was in Xemnas, so that could explain the whole keyblade thing. But honestly the whole Xehanort/Terra/Eraqus thing makes my head hurt if I think about it too much.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Nobodies are an exception to the "need a heart to use keyblade"-rule. The nobody of a keyblade wielder can also wield a keyblade effortlessly.

Nope, the keyblade Roxas uses is Sora's keyblade because he is Sora's nobody.
The second keyblade is Ventus's keyblade.
When Xion "died" Roxas had an emotional breakdown, which unconsciously let him gain access to Ven's injured heart resting inside him, awakening/pulling out Ven's keyblade.

That's the case with normal nobodies of a keyblade wielder, Roxas could wield because he coexisted with Sora and they had a psychic link.
Xion is a replica made from Sora's memories, which allows her to wield a keyblade as well. Although Xion's keyblade is a sham, a fake.

Ansem SoD is a heartless, not a nobody. Also, Ansem SoD was born from Apprentice Xehanort, who could not wield a keyblade because he lost the memories of doing so.
When Terranort stabbed himself in BBS-Final Episode to expel Terra's heart it failed (possibly due to Eraqus assisting Terra) and Terranort instead lost his memories, which also included how to wield a keyblade.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Is there any proof that nobodies can wield keyblades? Cuz Roxas wields vens keyboards and absorbs xions' he can't wield soras' I still believe nobodies cannot wield keyblades

Last edited:

billyzanesucks

Is there any proof that nobodies can wield keyblades? Cuz Roxas wields vens keyboards and absorbs xions' he can't wield soras' I still believe nobodies cannot wield keyblades
Roxas didn't use Xion's, just the keyblades of Sora and Ven.

D VLK

Nobodies are an exception to the "need a heart to use keyblade"-rule. The nobody of a keyblade wielder can also wield a keyblade effortlessly.

Nope, the keyblade Roxas uses is Sora's keyblade because he is Sora's nobody.
The second keyblade is Ventus's keyblade.
When Xion "died" Roxas had an emotional breakdown, which unconsciously let him gain access to Ven's injured heart resting inside him, awakening/pulling out Ven's keyblade.

That's the case with normal nobodies of a keyblade wielder, Roxas could wield because he coexisted with Sora and they had a psychic link.
Xion is a replica made from Sora's memories, which allows her to wield a keyblade as well. Although Xion's keyblade is a sham, a fake.

Ansem SoD is a heartless, not a nobody. Also, Ansem SoD was born from Apprentice Xehanort, who could not wield a keyblade because he lost the memories of doing so.
When Terranort stabbed himself in BBS-Final Episode to expel Terra's heart it failed (possibly due to Eraqus assisting Terra) and Terranort instead lost his memories, which also included how to wield a keyblade.

Hmm I see. But isn't xemnas born from apprentice xehanort? Then why does Nomamura somewhat imply that xemnas purposely did not use a keyblade. Both are born from the same somebody right?

Also Heartless still have a heart right the only difference is that thier hearts are overtaken by darkness right? And given heartless still have heart isn't that what you need to have a keyblade?

Also it seems that ansem Sod still has knowledge on the keyblade and knows how to wield one when in riku's body.

Seasalt Lover

I'm still confused, thinking about this make my head hurts...

But, does that mean Xion isn't a real nobody since she is a replica nobody, does that mean she have a heart?

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
It's a stretch to call Xion a Nobody, as that would imply that she's the remnant of another person. It's generally agreed upon that she is a fake heart given form (like Repliku), and filled with Sora's memories.

billyzanesucks

But, does that mean Xion isn't a real nobody since she is a replica nobody, does that mean she have a heart?
Replicas aren't nobodies in any way. They have a heart, body, and soul, though they're all artificial.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Iirc, Vexen brought it up in his secret report that perhaps replicas can be considered special Nobodies. If Repliku is anything to go by, Xion probably does have a heart, but it like herself is an imitation.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Roxas wields Sora's keyblade, it was even confirmed by Nomura that both Sora and Roxas wield the same keyblade at the same time.
The second one is Ven's keyblade awakened when Roxas shortly gains full access to Ven's injured heart.

Xion's keyblade is a sham, confirmed by Riku. It's a fake like all of her "parts" except her own personality and mind are.

D VLK said:
Hmm I see. But isn't xemnas born from apprentice xehanort? Then why does Nomamura somewhat imply that xemnas purposely did not use a keyblade. Both are born from the same somebody right?

Also Heartless still have a heart right the only difference is that thier hearts are overtaken by darkness right? And given heartless still have heart isn't that what you need to have a keyblade?

Also it seems that ansem Sod still has knowledge on the keyblade and knows how to wield one when in riku's body.

Nomura likes to let us speculate and throw us off balance.
But regarding Xemnas that is explainable:
While it is true that he was born from Apprentice Xehanort who lost his memories, Xemnas himself often went to the chamber of repose to in a yet unknown way regain the memories of "his" past, which in reality are the memories of Master Xehanort, Terra and possibly even Eraqus because all three hearts of these people were locked inside the heart of Apprentice Xehanort.

Heartless don't have a heart, they are the darkness of a heart given form and life, much like an Unversed is a negative emotion given life and form.
The heart of the original being is either consumed by the darkness (pureblood heartless) or captured inside the darkness (emblem heartless).
To wield a keyblade you need to 1. have a heart (doesn't count for nobodies of keyblade wielders), 2. have a memory of holding a keyblade and 3. being chosen by a keyblade itself.
Ansem SoD may know about keyblades, but as a heartless he can't directly wield one and therefore needed Riku as a catalysator.
He did not wield in the final battle because there was no keyblade for him to wield.
The keyblade of people's hearts was destroyed when Sora stabbed himself and freed the hearts of the princesses.
Eraqus's keyblade is with Aqua, Terra's is in the possession of the Lingering Sentiment while Master Xehanort's keyblade is most likely inaccessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back