• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about Ventus's condition

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I've watched the birth by sleep cutscenes and understand Ven's ultimate fate: he has an internal fight with Vanitas, and defeats his dark half. Vanitas fades away in balls of light, and Ventus falls into a deep sleep.

Is the removal of Vanitas REALLY the reason Ventus is asleep? Think about it carefully. When Ventus was first separated from Vanitas by MX, he was able to become a Keyblade wielder by forming a bond with Sora. He didn't have to become part of Sora. So why did he fall into a coma when he defeated Vanitas inside of him at the Keyblade Graveyard?

Allister Rose

French Lover
Re: Question about Ventus's coma

ventus was already a keyblade wielder, but since he couldnt keep his heart balanced by pure light, he connected his heart to sora. when vanitas got destroyed, ventus had to rely on sora even more by fusing with his heart

Kentsu13

van was still alive during bbs but he was killed by ven so ven is now a complete light being but he cant live without darkness (no one can except princesses i think) so he fell into the coma until he can regain his darkness back at least thats wat i tihnk

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine

ventus was already a keyblade wielder, but since he couldnt keep his heart balanced by pure light, he connected his heart to sora. when vanitas got destroyed, ventus had to rely on sora even more by fusing with his heart

But WHY did he have to fuse with Sora? Up until then, their bond was enough to keep Ventus alive. Why did he have to completely fuse with him after defeating Vanitas? Couldn't he have just returned to normal and keep the less dependent bond with Sora?

Relix

A traveler
Awards

But WHY did he have to fuse with Sora? Up until then, their bond was enough to keep Ventus alive. Why did he have to completely fuse with him after defeating Vanitas? Couldn't he have just returned to normal and keep the less dependent bond with Sora?

What i think happened was, since Van still existed he didn't need to depend on Sora too much, but since he destroyed Vanitas he had to rely on Sora even more and thus had to mend his heart with Sora's. I wonder how they'll pull Ven out of his coma...maybe Vanitas comes back (his sentiment)?

Allister Rose

French Lover

how can you not get this? vanitas existed at the time, vanitas was ven's other half, and ven was still connected to vanitas, but just not enough to stay balance, therefore he also had to be connected to sora.

once vanitas got destroyed, he lost vanitas's connection and therefore had to completely rely on sora and fused with it

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine

What i think happened was, since Van still existed he didn't need to depend on Sora too much, but since he destroyed Vanitas he had to rely on Sora even more and thus had to mend his heart with Sora's. I wonder how they'll pull Ven out of his coma...maybe Vanitas comes back (his sentiment)?

Your theory seems to make sense. You're saying that Ventus and Vanitas were always connected, and that connection always kept them alive, even though they were separated. When Vanitas was destroyed, Ventus could no longer go back to being bonded with Sora. He had to actually become part of Sora.

Allister Rose

French Lover
well it's not just "my theory" it's the theory i'm following. i have another theory but not so sure if it's appropriate for this situation

Allister Rose

French Lover
well...since the BBS opening showed ventus in a similar fashion as sora's awakening, and then showed both sora and riku.

i thought that, just as ventus was connected to sora, vanitas was connected to riku.

and since riku's possible strongest memory is sora, vanitas took the form of sora.

almost the same as xion, but slightly different. there was no memory extraction.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
well...since the BBS opening showed ventus in a similar fashion as sora's awakening, and then showed both sora and riku.

i thought that, just as ventus was connected to sora, vanitas was connected to riku.

and since riku's possible strongest memory is sora, vanitas took the form of sora.

almost the same as xion, but slightly different. there was no memory extraction.

You could be on to something. Vanitas and Riku share many similarities. They both wear a dark bodysuit, they have the same fighting stance, and Vanitas held out his hand towards Ven in the opening just as Riku held out his hand to Sora in the KH1 opening.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

Your theory seems to make sense. You're saying that Ventus and Vanitas were always connected, and that connection always kept them alive, even though they were separated. When Vanitas was destroyed, Ventus could no longer go back to being bonded with Sora. He had to actually become part of Sora.

Basically that's what I'm getting at...it's kind of sad.

SilentTrinity

Master of the ECKKK
Vanitas=being of Pure darkness
Ventus without Vanitas= being of pure Light

Since everyone(besides the princesses) needs darkness, Ven couldn't control the Light inside of him, since he had to have some sort of darkness he asked Sora to lend some of his. Sora agrees and gives him his darkness. Ven wakes up and becomes an apprentice of ME. But since Ven's heart is absorbing some of Sora's darkness so is Vanitas, who is still Ven's darkness. He then takes on the appearance of a black haired golden eyed Sora. After Ven defeats Vanitas, he in a sense becomes a being of pure Light. in other words a Prince of Heart. But he is unstable, which causes him to go into a coma. Ven can't balance the Light inside of him so he asks Sora if he could stay in his body as his heart mends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back