• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about the ending

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinobiMuramasa

When Namine was explaining that she found Ven's pain inside of Sora when she was fixing his memories, how is that possible? At the time of CoM Roxas had Ven's heart, so wouldn't Ven's painful memories be inside of Roxas instead of Sora? Since memories are connected to the heart I would expect Ven's memories to stay with Roxas until he and Sora merged.

YoshiAngemon

When Roxas got merged with Sora at the end of KH2, Sora had Ven's Memories, too.

axel95

Awards
When Namine was explaining that she found Ven's pain inside of Sora when she was fixing his memories, how is that possible? At the time of CoM Roxas had Ven's heart, so wouldn't Ven's painful memories be inside of Roxas instead of Sora? Since memories are connected to the heart I would expect Ven's memories to stay with Roxas until he and Sora merged.
This hasn't been confirmed yet.

ShinobiMuramasa

When Roxas got merged with Sora at the end of KH2, Sora had Ven's Memories, too.

Yes I am aware of that, but that happened after CoM. Namine found Ven's memories while she was fixing Sora's memories during the time he was sleep between the end of CoM and the beginning of KH2, thus during the time Roxas was around. Since it is heavily implied that Roxas had Ven's heart, Ven's pain should have been in Roxas at that time, rather than Sora.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Yes I am aware of that, but that happened after CoM. Namine found Ven's memories while she was fixing Sora's memories during the time he was sleep between the end of CoM and the beginning of KH2, thus during the time Roxas was around. Since it is heavily implied that Roxas had Ven's heart, Ven's pain should have been in Roxas at that time, rather than Sora.

The Memories never leave, they explained this one way or another, even if the Heart with the Memories is gone, some of it always stays. And Namine even said, Sora and Ventus have a Special Connection. I hope that I answered Your question.

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
Ven's pain should have been in Roxas at that time, rather than Sora.

Roxas merged with Sora right as Sora was waking up, so Sora would have obtained the memories in this way. And in theory, couldn't some of the memories shared have gone from Xion back to Sora? (That's only speculation on my part, however.)

Team-Crazy17

Roxas merged with Sora right as Sora was waking up, so Sora would have obtained the memories in this way. And in theory, couldn't some of the memories shared have gone from Xion back to Sora? (That's only speculation on my part, however.)

yes but roxas hadst actually merged with sora until the end of KHII because he was with organization XII

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
You're all forgetting that Sora had the painful Memories of Xion and Roxas himself as well, not only Ven's.

So. Two options.

1) The Memory flow, while mostly from Sora outwards, also went in reverse as is implied in the novels when Namine finds Memories that belong to Riku inside Sora's Heart (explanation about certain Riku-only Memories that existed within the journal). Snarl of Memories explains how those Memories could've gotten there - Xion was absorbing Riku's Memories as well. And if Memories Xion absorbed ended up inside Sora - Sora could absorb Memories from Xion and Roxas as well, not only have them 'leak out'.

2) Roxas was effectively in contact with Sora all through Days 358 to 365 of his existence. That's why Namine could even patch Sora's Memories up - because Roxas, who held everything Sora lacked, was in contact with him (you need to keep in mind that while Roxas merged into Sora in the Virtual Twilight Town, Sora woke up in the real one, and the VTLTW was confirmed to be constructed somewhat along the lines of 'inside Sora's Memories').
So Namine'd have had the time to find the Memories and leave the message in the journal about them during that last week, if not before.

Why do Roxas and Xion need to be saved?
I thought they were both happy united safely once again with Sora

...wot?
Xion sacrificed herself because otherwise, she'd have killed Roxas by absorbing him.
Roxas went away because he had no choice. Riku turned Rikunort and beat him up, and then he was thrown into Sora until Namine finished fixing Sora's Memories.
Roxas wanted to be his own person. He never got to do that since he was always someone's pawn. And going by his fight with Sora in KH2/FM+ and his Data-clone's attitude towards Data Sora in Re:Coded, I don't think he came to terms with that, not really. He accepts that Sora's his Other or whatever, but it's not like he has much of a choice at this time.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
I thought it was already established by BbS that Sora and Ven's hearts are connected. Regardless of where Ven's heart is, it's still connected to Sora's, hence Vanitas's appearance. So why can't Sora have some of Ven's memories inside him while his heart was in Roxas?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I thought it was already established by BbS that Sora and Ven's hearts are connected. Regardless of where Ven's heart is, it's still connected to Sora's, hence Vanitas's appearance. So why can't Sora have some of Ven's memories inside him while his heart was in Roxas?

Connection between Hearts =\= sharing of Memories.
Imagine, for instance, this scenario. Ven's wounded Heart fled into Sora and from there, became Roxas along with Sora's vessel. However, his Memories remained in his own vessel which was still in CO and Xion tapped into those Memories when she went into CO (Day 255 I believe). Cue Xigbar writing a report the very following day writing that at least Xemnas if not also Xigbar himself see Xion as Ven.
You still get the exact same outcome, but with Ven's Memories being stored in a different location. This could explain why Sora saw Kairi's Memories when her Heart was in his vessel but we get no indication he saw Ven's, despite their Hearts being tied in a much deeper bond than his and Kairi's Hearts.

Dragonsblight

Roxas was a Nobody during CoM so thus Sora still had Ven's heart inside of him because Nobodies do not have hearts. I hope that answers your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back