• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about the end of Days. *Spoilers? I guess?*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walkway

Spoilers? I guess? If the end of Days still counts as spoilers.

Anyways, my memory has nearly completely faded in terms of some of the story so I need someone to do some explaining for me if you don't mind.

So Xion is disappearing or crystalizing or L'cieing or whatever you call it, and she tells Roxas to "set Kingdom Hearts free" stop Xemnas, yadayadayada. So Roxas goes off to do this, and Riku blocks his way, yadayadayada, they fight, and Xion(Who is in oblivion for...some reason? I still don't get this part) says "Riku please, you have to stop him!"

Why is she telling him to stop Roxas? Isn't Roxas doing what she wanted?
And for that matter, why did DiZ even need Roxas in the first place? Sora seemed completely fine during Chain of memories. Was it just to keep him away from the organization or...?

Yeah, majority confused. Help understanding this would be much appreciated.

Jolts

The reason that Diz needed Roxas was because Sora's memory restoration wasn't making any progress. Sora may have seemed fine in CoM, but he did loose his memories, which was what Diz was trying to deal with.
Xion had Riku stop him because she believed that he wasn't strong enough to take out Xemnas right then, so he needed to join with Sora.
I'm not 100% certain about this, but I'm thinking that the reason Xion could communicate with Riku was because the Oblivion keyblade was the one she had used and somehow still had a connection to it.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Xion understood that Roxas was necessary to restoring Sora. If he had managed to get through Riku, he would have had to face the remaining Organization XIII members, who would have destroyed him. Riku had to beat Roxas but not destroy him, so that Sora could come back.

Walkway

I was pretty sure that was Namine who said that line, because she knew tht if Roxas was taken by the Org, Sora would never wake up.
and by the way it is already confirmed that Roaxas's dual wielding is due to Sora's and Ven's hearts, and has nothing to do with Xion

Why was it necessary for Roxas to rejoin with Sora for Sora to wake up? He seemed to be doing just fine in CoM when he was just a heartful or...whatever he was.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Roxas had to go back, because when Namine was trying to put back Sora's memories, she found out that a whole bunch of them had escaped somewhere. They were actually pouring into Roxas, which was what was making him stronger and giving him weird dreams. But because Xion, a puppet animated with memories of Sora battling, existed, she was then stealing them out of Roxas, which was what was making her go super strong and Roxas go super weak. Especially, Xion had the escaped memories of Kairi in her. Namine says that if she woke Sora up without those missing memories, then he wouldn't be able to remember his friends and they wouldn't remember him. That's why she sends Riku out to look for Xion.

Namine explains it in Days:
Naminé: Some of Sora's memories are missing.
Riku: How can that be?
Naminé: They're escaping through Sora's Nobody into a third person--and now they're starting to become a part of her.
Riku: You can't get the memories back out.
Naminé: If they're still separate...then yes, I think so.
(She looks at the sketchbook on the table of the picture of Axel, Roxas, and Xion)
Naminé: But if they join with her memories, things get a lot more complicated. I would need to untangle her memory before I could finish Sora's... What was supposed to take months might take years. DiZ would be furious.
Riku: So what's the solution?
Naminé: If I try to just jump in and rearrange her memory...then I risk Sora waking up to find out that nobody remembers him anymore. I can't do that to him. It's too late either way. His awakening will have to be delayed. I never imagined Sora's Nobody and the other one would fight so hard to be their own people. Unfortunately, the only real solution...is for them both to go away. Did you know her face was blank at first? Only now can you see someone. That proves some of Sora's memories are inside her. Some inside her, some inside Sora...others inside Sora's Nobody... I can't sort it out anymore. All I can do is pick up the pieces once what has to be done, is done.

After Xion dies, Roxas gains all the Sora-power that had leaked into her. That's why he can dual weild; his normal Keyblade is Ven's, and Xion could pretty much use a copy of Sora's through those memories. If Xion had never existed, the power would have just gone into Roxas and he would have been able to dual wield much earlier. Once she was dead and all the power flowed into Roxas, then he gained the Sora blade, too.

tl;dr after Namine broke Sora's memories in CoM, that was when the problem started. The broken memories escaped. That's why Sora was fine all the way up until that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back