• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about the Castle of Dreams

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
So, in the secret ending of Birth by Sleep, we notice Aqua encounter a destroyed Castle of Dreams, a world eaten up by the darkness and cast into the realm of darkness, completely devoid of life. Considering how Nomura said that the game is about the length of the average Disney world, do you think that, perhaps, we will briefly find out the fate of the castle in this game? I, personally, am dying to find out what happens to a world that was completely consumed, as we've never actually traversed one of those worlds that Sora couldn't save before. What would it be like? Would it be pulsing darkness from the heart of the world, overflowing with pureblood heartless, or would it still have a heart of light that's shrouded in the darkness spouting from the realm? How would Aqua cope with this dark, lifeless world, and how would it fit into the plot? Comment below, let me know ;W;

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
He said 0.2 takes place immediately after the Secret Episode, and basically confirmed that the Castle will be in it.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Well, I guess the complete lack of NPC's in this place won't look so weird this time around.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Well, I guess the complete lack of NPC's in this place won't look so weird this time around.

We'll let it slide this time around, if this kind of mentality continues for Kingdom Hearts 3 then I won't be a very happy Judy Hopps.

Honestly, I think fragments of each Birth by Sleep world will be in the realm of darkness as opposed to just Cinderella's Castle. So for instance, the bridge from Enchanted Dominion, The Creepy forest from Dwarf Woodlands, Deadmans cave from Neverland etc. all culminated into one twisted world in the realm of darkness.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Honestly, I think fragments of each Birth by Sleep world will be in the realm of darkness as opposed to just Cinderella's Castle. So for instance, the bridge from Enchanted Dominion, The Creepy forest from Dwarf Woodlands, Deadmans cave from Neverland etc. all culminated into one twisted world in the realm of darkness.

I hope it's this, rather than just Castle of Dreams. This would be so much cooler to see.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Never land was never swallowed by Darkness, but having a hodgepodge of world fragments is a better idea, absolutely

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Never land was never swallowed by Darkness, but having a hodgepodge of world fragments is a better idea, absolutely

Good point. However, this could provide the opportunity to place in fragments of Kingdom Hearts 2 worlds into the fray like Pride Lands and The Land of Dragons. The realm of darkness may be far more interesting than we all originally anticipated.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
not if certain inhabitants are trapped within, something had to happen to the dwarfs who weren't in traverse town, or prince phillip and such. i'm curious to know where they all wound up...

...unless they are in the RoS when their worlds are gone.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
not if certain inhabitants are trapped within, something had to happen to the dwarfs who weren't in traverse town, or prince phillip and such. i'm curious to know where they all wound up...

...unless they are in the RoS when their worlds are gone.

I'm pretty sure Nomura has said something before about their hearts going into stasis if they don't survive the world's destruction. I really doubt they exist in the RoD in any form of cognitive state.

Also, while I would love to see broken and fragment worlds a la End of the World, I think it would be more interesting if it wasn't just worlds we had already seen (such as Pride Lands, Land of Dragons, etc). I think this would be an interesting opportunity to explore remnants of the Old World.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm pretty sure Nomura has said something before about their hearts going into stasis if they don't survive the world's destruction. I really doubt they exist in the RoD in any form of cognitive state.

Also, while I would love to see broken and fragment worlds a la End of the World, I think it would be more interesting if it wasn't just worlds we had already seen (such as Pride Lands, Land of Dragons, etc). I think this would be an interesting opportunity to explore remnants of the Old World.
this would be amazing. the old world could be like disneyland or DI, everything together like that, but decrepit and stagnant with darkness? way awesome, makes me think epic mickey tho, and if they do go that route, they better not forget to add locations from the mythos of kh. daybreak town, glimpses of what the keyblade graveyard looked like before it was a graveyard. the possibilities are endless but probably will be left untapped.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
this would be amazing. the old world could be like disneyland or DI, everything together like that, but decrepit and stagnant with darkness? way awesome, makes me think epic mickey tho, and if they do go that route, they better not forget to add locations from the mythos of kh. daybreak town, glimpses of what the keyblade graveyard looked like before it was a graveyard. the possibilities are endless but probably will be left untapped.
dismaland-landov-011_wide-25a34d79b6f994162a2876a39cc59d0d8e907f15.jpg

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
10/10 would play get on it disney we have the technology
Literally Epic Mickey.

(I had such high hopes for that game)

And yes, Nomura says when a world falls to Darkness the inhabitants go into stasis and time stops for them. If there were people running around the realm of Darkness from broken worlds, you'd think you'd hear a lot more about it from the survivors of those worlds in KH2.

Werkdaddy

Awards
I agree that it would be awesome to explore various remnants of worlds in the RoD as long as they do it right...(giving us at least some detail into what happens to these worlds after being swallowed by darkness.) More so, since its basically confirmed she will have contact with the king, I'm hoping we learn a little more about the artificial Kingdom Hearts from KH1. I'm guessing it will be around the time in the timeline where mickey finds the other side of the DtD that Aqua encounters him.

Kaijuguy19

We'll let it slide this time around, if this kind of mentality continues for Kingdom Hearts 3 then I won't be a very happy Judy Hopps.

Sounds awesome. :) That's something I can imagine being from Epic Mickey that did similar things.

Kaneki

Good point. However, this could provide the opportunity to place in fragments of Kingdom Hearts 2 worlds into the fray like Pride Lands and The Land of Dragons. The realm of darkness may be far more interesting than we all originally anticipated.
I dunno, I kinda found the realm of darkness always to be intruiging even in the original, I always wanted to know what kind of hell Riku and Mickey actually had to endure through there, I mean look at how much Riku grew as a person going through all that with mickey but this whole new concept of it makes it even more interesting I really like the theory in all honesty.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I dunno, I kinda found the realm of darkness always to be intruiging even in the original, I always wanted to know what kind of hell Riku and Mickey actually had to endure through there, I mean look at how much Riku grew as a person going through all that with mickey but this whole new concept of it makes it even more interesting I really like the theory in all honesty.
For me, the Realm of Darkness has always been really lackluster and dull. The BBS Secret Ending was the first time we saw any real "threat" down there, the rest of the time it's just been pitch black nothingness happening. Of course, the absence of existence giving off the illusion of alone can drive anyone insane which is terrifying but thanks to the BBS Secret Ending we know that is not the case so this extended look into the Realm of Darkness in 2.8 is very welcome to me.

I'm all for bits and pieces from various worlds making up the "Castle of Dreams" arena. I'm also for mutated, dark filled Disney villains to be down there, perhaps half morphed into heartless.

Kaijuguy19

For me, the Realm of Darkness has always been really lackluster and dull. The BBS Secret Ending was the first time we saw any real "threat" down there, the rest of the time it's just been pitch black nothingness happening. Of course, the absence of existence giving off the illusion of alone can drive anyone insane which is terrifying but thanks to the BBS Secret Ending we know that is not the case so this extended look into the Realm of Darkness in 2.8 is very welcome to me.

I'm all for bits and pieces from various worlds making up the "Castle of Dreams" arena. I'm also for mutated, dark filled Disney villains to be down there, perhaps half morphed into heartless.

You know now that you've brought up that villain idea perhaps we could possibly see the Phantom/Shadow Blot show up there since I can see him being a resident at the Realm of Darkness especially if it's his Epic Mickey version. He could also set up his own twisted Disney world filled with heartless versions of both the Disney heroes and villains that Aqua has to struggle through.

Miasthma

Awards
and if they do go that route, they better not forget to add locations from the mythos of kh. daybreak town, glimpses of what the keyblade graveyard looked like before it was a graveyard. the possibilities are endless but probably will be left untapped.

Unless I'm mistaken, hasn't X revealed that daybreak town is currently in the Realm of Sleep?

Unless it's also in the realm of darkness, which I suppose is possible considering time is nonexistent in the realm of sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back