• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about Roxas and his new replica body

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
This whole situation is just overcomplicated. Then again, I wasn't a fan of how they chose to bring them back. The appearance is one thing, but we're not even getting into how characters can basically cheat death as long as they move the Heart to another empty vessel or something similar.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This whole situation is just overcomplicated. Then again, I wasn't a fan of how they chose to bring them back. The appearance is one thing, but we're not even getting into how characters can basically cheat death as long as they move the Heart to another empty vessel or something similar.

I mean, doesn’t the series already address this vaguely with both Xehanort and Luxu? They body hop to new bodies once they start to die or get close to it. It’s not seen as a good thing.

The rest of the cast weren’t dead or dying, but just in different states of existence.

We still have the “soul” component of the body, which is the energy that gives the body life. Once that extinguishes, the body dies and the heart returns to Kingdom Hearts or whatever.

I don’t think it is something we need to be concerned about in this particular topic since we haven’t actually encountered any real natural death besides like...Xehanort when he finally gave up.

Foxycian

Awards
now I think about it he doesn’t need to change appearance I actually realized Ven/Sora/Roxas/Vanitas (pretty much any character with Sora’s face or personality) are one of my favorites cause I always viewed them as one character, cause apart from looking Alike they are all technically the same.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It should be noted that we have seen that an unshaped, featureless Replica body will adapt to the heart inside it like Replica Riku before he was booted out of the replica body that ended up being used for Namine.

What happened was that Ienzo took digital information about Roxas and Namine and reconstructed an incomplete heart of sorts. When Even joined him, they put Roxas’ incomplete heart into the replica body. That shaped the replica body.

Same with the body they got from Replica Riku. They put the reconstructed heart of Namine into that.

Then the last piece is the actual heart from Sora and Kairi. It’s what gives them life.

This was explained in KH3 through a bunch of Ienzo scenes, so I don’t blame anybody if they sort of skipped over it all.

So in the end it is indeed the heart shaping the body. The difference here is that Ienzo and Even had started making an artificial heart that shaped the body prior to the real heart going into the body.

Does this help everybody understand things a bit better?

I know Clue.Less answered this but I wanted to expand on it. It would just be Sora without a heart unless he suddenly starts collecting more hearts again.

He’d be a normal humanoid Nobody like the Organization
I still don't know how they got Xion to look like herself as a Seeker. You can clearly see her features under the hood. The data on how to make her body was there, but she didn't form her identity/heart until befriending Roxas. Was that also documented? How could it, Vexen was gone by then. I wish they had furthered explored Replicas in ReMind.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I still don't know how they got Xion to look like herself as a Seeker. You can clearly see her features under the hood. The data on how to make her body was there, but she didn't form her identity/heart until befriending Roxas. Was that also documented? How could it, Vexen was gone by then. I wish they had furthered explored Replicas in ReMind.

Yeah, that’s a mystery but I think it’s probably as simple as it being a quirk of remaking Xion. On some metaphysical level, her new body resonated with her perception of herself somehow despite her heart still being inside of Sora.

Or really, Nomura didn’t think that much into it. Or it is some meta commentary on how we as the audience see Xion as Xion so they made her look like herself. Or we are seeing her through the POV of Sora and the heroes? Lol.

Banking on Nomura just not thinking that much about it.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Yeah, that’s a mystery but I think it’s probably as simple as it being a quirk of remaking Xion. On some metaphysical level, her new body resonated with her perception of herself somehow despite her heart still being inside of Sora.

Or really, Nomura didn’t think that much into it. Or it is some meta commentary on how we as the audience see Xion as Xion so they made her look like herself. Or we are seeing her through the POV of Sora and the heroes? Lol.

Banking on Nomura just not thinking that much about it.
Kairi even comments on Xion being a girl when hooded so it's clearly intentional. Until she got her heart/memories back she should have been a blank Replica or at least resemble her armored forms. Would have been kinda cool to see the armor in the black coat, similar to Vanitas look.

D

Deleted member 252753

Kairi even comments on Xion being a girl when hooded so it's clearly intentional. Until she got her heart/memories back she should have been a blank Replica or at least resemble her armored forms. Would have been kinda cool to see the armor in the black coat, similar to Vanitas look.
Trying to make it work, maybe she got her appearance from the lingering memories that Axel still had of her, as her regaining her memories and heart/Identity seem to be based on the RAX connection.

@Sephiroth0812 I am really sorry for being rude earlier. I just get frustrated with how malleable the lore of these games are sometimes.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Trying to make it work, maybe she got her appearance from the lingering memories that Axel still had of her, as her regaining her memories and heart/Identity seem to be based on the RAX connection.
That can be the only reason, since she reacts to Axel and Roxas's names too when she shouldn't. However I think this ties into a subject that DDD brought up. Dream Jiminy and Rinzler reacted to Sora when they shouldn't have. So maybe it's not so out there after all. Still I wish her replica revival got more coverage, and replicas in general. The Xehanort Replicas and how they function also have my interest.

Noivern

Awards
I just assumed it was because there were lingering memories of her deep inside everyone else's hearts, just out of reach. Kinda like the sleeping worlds. Or at least their connection to Sora could draw out a bit of her, or something like that.

I think it would have looked a lot cooler if Seeker!Xion was just the faceless Replica and when Roxas shows up she suddenly gets a physical appearance, would give it more depth to the whole doll motif.

That aside, I'm REALLY annoyed over Roxas going back to his KH2 appeareance, lol.

I really hope as the series moves forward, either he or Ven can get a whole new look not just because I want both characters to stand on their own, but because It annoys me how everyone else got one and they.. don't.

My personal wish is Roxas' hair changing colors with time now that he is his own person without his previous ties to Sora and Ven. Would love to see at least a darker blonde with a longer lenght (inspired by that one old artwork for the 2/CoM/Org artwork we got, where he looked significantly older)

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I mean, doesn’t the series already address this vaguely with both Xehanort and Luxu? They body hop to new bodies once they start to die or get close to it. It’s not seen as a good thing.

The rest of the cast weren’t dead or dying, but just in different states of existence.

We still have the “soul” component of the body, which is the energy that gives the body life. Once that extinguishes, the body dies and the heart returns to Kingdom Hearts or whatever.

I don’t think it is something we need to be concerned about in this particular topic since we haven’t actually encountered any real natural death besides like...Xehanort when he finally gave up.

I don't know if it's not portrayed as a "good" thing. There's certainly hasn't been any real consequences to it aside from the actual reason behind why they are doing so. Luxu has body hopped for years without damage and Xehanort was able to survive for years using and stealing bodies as well as time traveling. Doesn't sound so negative to me.

And we don't have a concrete basis in how the "soul" works in KH. We saw Riku Replica legit swipe away Dark Riku from the vessel, soul and all. And souls usually don't "die". The only way we've seen a real death is via actual human body and being killed or naturally dying. The whole replica situation throws an entire different wrench into it, and I really doubt Nomura thought this entirely through based on his less than stellar track record.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I don't know if it's not portrayed as a "good" thing. There's certainly hasn't been any real consequences to it aside from the actual reason behind why they are doing so. Luxu has body hopped for years without damage and Xehanort was able to survive for years using and stealing bodies as well as time traveling. Doesn't sound so negative to me.

And we don't have a concrete basis in how the "soul" works in KH. We saw Riku Replica legit swipe away Dark Riku from the vessel, soul and all. And souls usually don't "die". The only way we've seen a real death is via actual human body and being killed or naturally dying. The whole replica situation throws an entire different wrench into it, and I really doubt Nomura thought this entirely through based on his less than stellar track record.
Well the way Master Xehanort talks about time travel to Sora, he mentions that Sora broke some sort of law (changing the past) and hence he ended up paying the price of death.

I can only assume that body-hopping is a similar situation, where it is probably a "forbidden act". Roxas/Xion/the New Organization aren't body-hopping in my eyes. The New Organization time travel to Replicas in the future. Roxas/Xion's hearts were moved from Sora into replicas. I don't think moving Roxas/Xion's hearts from the replicas will be as easy as moving from Sora, and it may not even be possible without a keyblade that can release hearts.

Not even taking the replicas into consideration, the whole concept of nobodies/heartless and "recompletion" makes natural death even more questionable. Can someone split themselves into a nobody/heartless for 100 years, then when that gets old destroy both and "recomplete" to go back to the age you were when you did the split (like Master Xehanort).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
@Sephiroth0812 I am really sorry for being rude earlier. I just get frustrated with how malleable the lore of these games are sometimes.
Thank you for being honest and apology accepted. I wasn't actually angry or even annoyed about this.
Don't fret about it. ;)

---

On the whole body-hopping thing be a bad thing or not I'd say that depends on the origin of said body. If it is already inhabited by someone else is a different case as if a new one gets specifically prepared for a certain heart I would say.
Furthermore, as was already mentioned Naminé, Xion and Roxas were strictly not body-hopping as they claimed their very first actual container for their heart.

KH being a fantasy series with both advanced technology and magic in play plus having its general theme complex more on the idealistic side despite having very dark parts throughout its story makes these developments also logical in-universe.

As far as I recall the first example we had of a process like this was in KH 1 Kairi magically poofing back Sora into human form so "restoring people" was definitely a theme from early on.

LoneFox

Awards
Not even taking the replicas into consideration, the whole concept of nobodies/heartless and "recompletion" makes natural death even more questionable. Can someone split themselves into a nobody/heartless for 100 years, then when that gets old destroy both and "recomplete" to go back to the age you were when you did the split (like Master Xehanort).
Nobodies age normally. Ienzo was turned into one as child, was one for about ten years, and was recompleted as young adult.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
For the whole Nobodies aging/not aging I would theorize this having to do with how far their possible replacement hearts developed during their time as nobodies.

In the KH-verse I guess aging of the body comes not merely from time flowing itself but also from the heart "using" and directing the body, slowly using (life-)energy of the soul.
Ventus' body for example was without a heart for 10+ years and it didn't age at all.

Back