• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about Roxas and his new replica body

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Foxycian

Awards
Might sound silly but can he modify his appearance since his Body is a replica? Now that he has became his own person and has his own heart do you think he will stay the same or get a hair color change or maybe change eye color? I mean hair dye is a thing but Nomura doesn’t always use the simplest choices

lol sorry I know it’s silly topic.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Think he will retain his usual appearance. If he wanted to take on his own unique form it probably would have happened in KH3.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Fairly certain the body is shaped by the heart/memories. I suppose in theory if Roxas decided to perceive himself differently, he would look different but that’s getting into a whole can of metaphorical and metaphysical worms.

If they were going to change his looks, I think they would have done it already. Besides maybe a change in his hair length in the future, I doubt he’ll look any different than before.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Plus if Roxas changed his look we will miss out on more "Roxas looks like Ven" jokes. Now that Lauriam has his memories back he is bound to joke about Roxas resemblance to his fellow Dandelion

D

Deleted member 252753

Fairly certain the body is shaped by the heart/memories. I suppose in theory if Roxas decided to perceive himself differently, he would look different but that’s getting into a whole can of metaphorical and metaphysical worms.

If they were going to change his looks, I think they would have done it already. Besides maybe a change in his hair length in the future, I doubt he’ll look any different than before.
Ienzo's secret reports say that Roxas's replica body's appearance is due to the 'digital memories from the Twilight Town archive'. It's strange though when thinking about how the Organization replicas get their right appearance.

Cumguardian69

Awards
The heart/soul shapes the vessel. So, Roxas' appearance is what it is. The real question is, what happens if Sora gets Nobody'd again? Does he produce another Roxas?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If Sora theoretically gets another Nobody it would be a very different thing because the Roxas we know came to be because of very special circumstances.

1. There were two other hearts involved: Kairi's and Ven's.
2. Sora retained his memories as a Shadow thus Roxas was born blank.
3. Kairi restored Sora's humanity using her own heart as a conduit which resulted in the Original (Sora) and Nobody (Roxas) existing parallel for quite a time which allowed Roxas to develop his own personality and heart.

Take any (or all) of these three away and you'll get a very different Nobody.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The heart and its associated memories shape what your existence looks like. That's a fact in the series since KH 2.

Even if Ienzo in KH III physically shaped the empty Replica body from reconstructed data beforehand to look like Roxas, the true appearance would come from both Roxas' heart on how he remembers himself as well as how other hearts connected to him remember him.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
The heart and its associated memories shape what your existence looks like. That's a fact in the series since KH 2.

Even if Ienzo in KH III physically shaped the empty Replica body from reconstructed data beforehand to look like Roxas, the true appearance would come from both Roxas' heart on how he remembers himself as well as how other hearts connected to him remember him.

I think you're confusing things with Xion's situation? What you say is true for Xion as her physical appearance depended on what people saw or wanted to see.

And earlier, I don't think Kairi's heart has anything to do with Roxas. Just Ven.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Or maybe is because of the two reasons? I mean since Kingdom Hearts 1 we knew the heart shaped the body, we saw it happen with Riku being possessed and kicked out to the dark realm. We saw it again with Terranort. Obviously the Radiant crew was working out ways to bring back the fallen so using the data made sense as a fail safe.
Also consider the fact that this is Kingdom Hearts and lore changes more quickly than the turnover rate of the food industry.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I just re-watched the Re:Mind scene when Namine wakes up and it also seems they'd managed to reconstruct her body before transferring the heart.

Yes, I think it can definitely be both. The heart shaping the appearance is too important to drop. If the revived characters didn't have the ability to change over time, one character designer would grow bored with his own series, wouldn't he?^^

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think you're confusing things with Xion's situation? What you say is true for Xion as her physical appearance depended on what people saw or wanted to see.

And earlier, I don't think Kairi's heart has anything to do with Roxas. Just Ven.

Not really, when I said KH 2 I meant it. When Naminé and Roxas step out of Kairi and Sora they explicitly state they see and recognize each other because of how they remember each other.
Terra says a similar thing in 0.2 to Aqua and Joshua in DDD explains the same thing to Riku.

How one looks like is dictated by the heart and associated memories as well as those who remember you.
If there had been significant differences between the data-based reconstructed appearance from Ienzo's efforts and Roxas' heart the Replica body would have been altered accordingly just like Ansem SoD altered Riku's body in KH 1.

Xion's case is a different issue because the memories of multiple different people were involved and the memory siphon ability of the original Replica body she had.

Or maybe is because of the two reasons? I mean since Kingdom Hearts 1 we knew the heart shaped the body, we saw it happen with Riku being possessed and kicked out to the dark realm. We saw it again with Terranort. Obviously the Radiant crew was working out ways to bring back the fallen so using the data made sense as a fail safe.
Also consider the fact that this is Kingdom Hearts and lore changes more quickly than the turnover rate of the food industry.
Yes, exactly.

Physically altering a body via data does not contradict nor affect the already established lore anyways.
Making such groundwork beforehand might actually make it easier for the heart to adapt said Replica-body as its designated container considering that Roxas, Xion and Naminé had no "own" container beforehand.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Not really, when I said KH 2 I meant it. When Naminé and Roxas step out of Kairi and Sora they explicitly state they see and recognize each other because of how they remember each other.
Terra says a similar thing in 0.2 to Aqua and Joshua in DDD explains the same thing to Riku.
Oh right!

does not contradict nor affect the already established lore anyways.
Making such groundwork beforehand might actually make it easier for the heart to adapt said Replica-body as its designated container

That's what I was too lazy to write. I agree.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Considering what KH3 stated, I have the feeling that the Replica bodies Roxas and Naminé have, are more stable than previous ones. After gaining their hearts won't change other than how a normal body would over time. An exception being, having their bodies taken over via possession.

I'd be more curious as to, if they're body's would retain their shape like regular people upon losing their hearts or if they'd turn back into the blank puppets. I assume that for Roxas and Naminé the shape would be retained and for Xion it'd go blank?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Considering what KH3 stated, I have the feeling that the Replica bodies Roxas and Naminé have, are more stable than previous ones. After gaining their hearts won't change other than how a normal body would over time. An exception being, having their bodies taken over via possession.

I'd be more curious as to, if they're body's would retain their shape like regular people upon losing their hearts or if they'd turn back into the blank puppets. I assume that for Roxas and Naminé the shape would be retained and for Xion it'd go blank?
If they lost their hearts/souls they should go blank. Dark Riku was ripped from his body and it went blank. We know from Vexen's secret reports that he remade the Replicas to resemble who would go into what vessel. So if Roxas or Namine get taken out of the vessel completely it should return to a blank Replica regardless based on what we saw happen to Dark Riku. Otherwise Namine would be half Riku right now.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
If they lost their hearts/souls they should go blank. Dark Riku was ripped from his body and it went blank. We know from Vexen's secret reports that he remade the Replicas to resemble who would go into what vessel. So if Roxas or Namine get taken out of the vessel completely it should return to a blank Replica regardless based on what we saw happen to Dark Riku. Otherwise Namine would be half Riku right now.
Ah i didn't recall Vexen also did the work to model them after who they where to host. Guess that answers my question.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It should be noted that we have seen that an unshaped, featureless Replica body will adapt to the heart inside it like Replica Riku before he was booted out of the replica body that ended up being used for Namine.

What happened was that Ienzo took digital information about Roxas and Namine and reconstructed an incomplete heart of sorts. When Even joined him, they put Roxas’ incomplete heart into the replica body. That shaped the replica body.

Same with the body they got from Replica Riku. They put the reconstructed heart of Namine into that.

Then the last piece is the actual heart from Sora and Kairi. It’s what gives them life.

This was explained in KH3 through a bunch of Ienzo scenes, so I don’t blame anybody if they sort of skipped over it all.

So in the end it is indeed the heart shaping the body. The difference here is that Ienzo and Even had started making an artificial heart that shaped the body prior to the real heart going into the body.

Does this help everybody understand things a bit better?

The heart/soul shapes the vessel. So, Roxas' appearance is what it is. The real question is, what happens if Sora gets Nobody'd again? Does he produce another Roxas?

I know Clue.Less answered this but I wanted to expand on it. It would just be Sora without a heart unless he suddenly starts collecting more hearts again.

He’d be a normal humanoid Nobody like the Organization

Back