• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question About Realm of Sleep

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
The Realm of Sleep is supposedly where the "sleeping worlds" lie, correct?

My question regards Traverse Town. If it was visited in KH1 and exists in the Realm Between, how is it in the Realm of Sleep? Are we to assume that in the events between KH1 and DDD it somehow "slept"? Or am I missing something? Is it not the Traverse Town we know?

billyzanesucks

I heard some people say that Traverse Town disappeared because it was composed of the remnants of worlds that had fallen, but restored after KH.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I heard some people say that Traverse Town disappeared because it was composed of the remnants of worlds that had fallen, but restored after KH.

Most likely this.
Traverse was a world made up of parts from other worlds and when these worlds were restored the Traverse Town in the "real", physical world most likely ceased to exist because it had to give back the parts that belonged to other worlds.

Since Traverse once existed though, there exist memories of it and while it was inhabited it also developed. So there's the good possibility that Traverse ended up in the Realm of Sleep because of this.

---

Re-reading and thinking of the first part I wrote there I think it's almost sufficient to say that Traverse Town is to some degree a world-equivalent to what Xemnas and/or Roxas are as "living beings" or at least similar.
They're made up of parts from others:
=> Traverse (different parts of worlds)
=> Xemnas (Terra's body and soul, something from Xehanort and maybe Eraqus)
=> Roxas (Sora's body and soul, Ventus's crippled heart)

and had to cease to exist in order to give back the parts that belonged to others.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Not if it was awakened. Despite being made up of a bunch of other worlds, it still had its own heart. And when the worlds returned to their proper place, there was not enough strength left in the heart to remain awake.

So it slept. And dreamed of how it once was. The fact it has its own heart, to me, means that if it were awakened it would be its own world once more.

JustDarkMemories

Not if it was awakened. Despite being made up of a bunch of other worlds, it still had its own heart. And when the worlds returned to their proper place, there was not enough strength left in the heart to remain awake.

So it slept. And dreamed of how it once was. The fact it has its own heart, to me, means that if it were awakened it would be its own world once more.
Correct. Think of worlds as beings with will. As it sleeps, it wishes to return to light. It knows it's made of other worlds but it also knows that it has a heart of its own. It may not have been a full-fledged "world" before in KH1, but if it awakens, it will be stable and independent like other normal worlds.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I wonder if Not-Tidus was a resident of Traverse Town or if he went back to another world... hmmm...

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
I wonder if Not-Tidus was a resident of Traverse Town or if he went back to another world... hmmm...

See, that's the hole in this. If it was made of fragmented parts of other worlds and inhabited by beings from other worlds, why are there beings in it now? (I think Neku is the only confirmed one, but I don't think its imprudent to assume there's more.)

Silver Esper

Virus said:
See, that's the hole in this. If it was made of fragmented parts of other worlds and inhabited by beings from other worlds, why are there beings in it now? (I think Neku is the only confirmed one, but I don't think its imprudent to assume there's more.)
Well Neku is there for the Reapers' Game, so it's not too farfetched to say that the Reapers could be using the empty world for the game and plucking people from other worlds to play it. It would be the perfect location, after all.

Last edited:

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Or it could be something of a mirror world.

The Traverse Town in KH1 was made up of the worlds that had fallen to darkness.
What's to say that this Traverse Town isn't made up of the ones that have fallen to sleep. I mean it has new districts, so it makes sense IMO.

I've seen it as something like this.

billyzanesucks

What's to say that this Traverse Town isn't made up of the ones that have fallen to sleep. I mean it has new districts, so it makes sense IMO.

Maybe, but the problem is that worlds that fell to sleep are IN the the Realm of Sleep.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
As it sleeps, it wishes to return to light. It knows it's made of other worlds but it also knows that it has a heart of its own.

i know im kindof thinking outside the box here but youre saying that as if the worlds have every concept of being the humans doo... do the worlds have minds and such as well?

then there could be a traverse town in every realm...

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Maybe, but the problem is that worlds that fell to sleep are IN the the Realm of Sleep.

Well I'm still thinking that this Traverse Town may serve as a HUB world for 3DS, so what I said could still be possible following that.
So unless the evidence suggests otherwise, I'll still think of TT as a HUB.

And I know that they travel to worlds by falling, as seen in the trailer, but there are still ways that TT could in fact be a HUB world in this game.

So the areas in TT that lead to the next world, would sorta be based around that next world.

then there could be a traverse town in every realm...

One existing based on the worlds that had fallen to darkness doesn't make that idea so far'fetched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back