• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about Neverland

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ddta1177

Okay, so I've noticed that in KH1 Neverland and several other worlds look a certain way, then KH2 comes along and all the worlds that were in KH1 look completly different especially Atlantica. Then with BBS we have Neverland which looks nothing like its orginal KH1 form. Is there a reason for the change of the look of the worlds or what?

Key Wielder

Awards
Do you mean in terms of the actual animation or just the different setups? Neverland just shows different portions of the world in different games: Hook's ship and London in KH1, Skull Rock in Days, and the actual island of Neverland in BbS. All of them are in the same world, but they're just different areas. When we do go to Skull Rock in BbS, it's pretty similar in animation to the Days version, though. Atlantica... Well, in KH2, that world served a completely different purpose. We're not exploring it like we did in the first game, so there was really no reason for it to be bigger than it was. We see more in the cutscenes and musical numbers, but those parts of the world are just adding to what we already know is there from the first game. In terms of animation, I thought it looked exactly the same.

ddta1177

So in BBS Neverland the Clock Tower is still there just not shone in the picture of the world?
And I mean in terms of the setups.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
The Clock Tower is not there in BBS. The Clocktower and-with the exception of one mission in Days-the ship remain KH1 exclusive(disregarding COM)

Key Wielder

Awards
So in BBS Neverland the Clock Tower is still there just not shone in the picture of the world?
And I mean in terms of the setups.

As far as we know. "Neverland" is just the name for the world as a whole, and that world happens to include everything we've seen so far in the various games. For example, Hook's ship fires at you in BbS from the water off the coast of the island; we can assume that it is still in the water off the coast of that same island in KH1 but we don't see it. Similarly, Ariel's Grotto is still in Atlantica even though we only see the space outside the palace and above the water; the town near Thebes still exists outside of Olympus Coliseum (you'd think) even though exiting through the same door takes you to the Underworld in KH2. Everything we've seen is still in the worlds, but when we see those places varies. I'm sure it's probably just a way to keep the worlds fresh and new for us when they decide to reuse the same worlds again. Take Agrabah: it looks different in KH2, but we're told in Days that storms have been coming through and destroying the place, so it makes sense that it looks different later.

KevVentus

It seems you're referring to the images on the world map

If that's the case, I wouldn't lose any sleep over design changes. They're purely aesthetic. Unless they account for new areas though, like Halloween town in KH2

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Who cares? It's not like people would want to go through the same exact maps everytime.

It seemed like he was just asking because there's continuity between the other worlds reappearances and Neverland, on surface value, is always different. I understand how it could be confusing.

It's encouraged they refresh the maps/locations, however, so repeat cameos don't become drab.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
It seems you're referring to the images on the world map

If that's the case, I wouldn't lose any sleep over design changes. They're purely aesthetic. Unless they account for new areas though, like Halloween town in KH2
Actually, it's topical you bring up HT, as even the square and Moonlit Hill appear different in KH2

KevVentus

Hmmm, yes, yes they are

So that's what we're talking about? Yeah, when they blatantly change an area that was already in a previous game, that's a little weird. But I just consider it advancing for a sequel's sake. It would have been weird having the KH2 combat system in the narrow corridors of the original Agrabah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back