• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about Kingdom Hearts 3's production and world selections

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ojkay, I have a question and I really need to know with acturate sources?

How long has Kingdom Hearts III really beeen in productin and development? It can't be since Kingdom Hearts II right and maybe after Dream Drop Distance since it does lead into Kingdom Hearts, III it's not been as long people thnk and waited right?

Now the worlds, so far we know only a few out of more than Kingdom Hearts II's line up:

Twilight Town

Tangled world

Mount Olympus

Big Hero Six world

Cable Town (unknow world if that still counts)

They have worlds finalized or are world still in production and what's the process since well, we know people are very impatient at this point... very impatient.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Question about Kingdom Hearts 3's production and world slections (possible spoilers)

How long has Kingdom Hearts 3 really beeen in prodectin and development?

Production on KH3, on a very basic level, started right after KH3D but really got into motion in 2013. Nomura states in many of his interviews from 2013 that KH3 was announced much too early because they had only really started work on it. This one states it the best, though:

• You said that the announcement of KINGDOM HEARTS III was necessary but may be premature. How far along is the game development on this title?

Nomura :
This is the first next-gen game developed in our studios in recent years by the team in Osaka who have been working on titles for portable consoles. This is a whole new experience for this team working on next-gen consoles and it takes some time to master. However, with that said, it's not as if we just started development.

But contrary to what you can imagine, we have no playable build of the game at the moment because it will take some time to test all the new features that will be in Kingdom Hearts III. Again, the team so far has worked on titles on portable console with limited capacity, but they already have many interesting ideas for Kingdom Hearts III, and it is difficult to test each of these elements to determine which will ultimately be retained. So for now, we are more in a test phase.

KHDestiny & KHisland Interviews Tetsuya Nomura at Japan Expo! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

In 2013 it wasn't even running on an engine. It was being made on Direct X11, which is not an engine at all, so it was all skeletal work and asset creation being done at that time with the hopes that they'd be moving to Luminous at some point.

Of course, FFXV's team absorbed the Luminous' team into their own and so they moved on to Unreal Engine 4.

It can't be since Kingdom Hearts 2 right and maybe after Dream Drop Distance since it does lead into Kingdom Hearts, it's not been as long people thnk and waited right?

It did not start after KH2, definitely.

It counts in that it most certain exists and wouldn't have been shown if it wasn't planned for the game, but it hasn't been officially revealed so it cannot actually be counted.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Re: Question about Kingdom Hearts 3's production and world slections (possible spoilers)

Ojkay, I have a question and I really need to know with acturate sources?

How long has Kingdom Hearts III really beeen in productin and development? It can't be since Kingdom Hearts II right and maybe after Dream Drop Distance since it does lead into Kingdom Hearts, III it's not been as long people thnk and waited right?

Kingdom Hearts III wasn't in active development until around 2013. Nomura says that the realization that KH II had turned 7/8 made him realize that it had taken too long to start: Square Enix Channel Interviews Tetsuya Nomura - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

But even when the game was announced in 2013's E3, Nomura figured it was too early in development to do so but they just couldn't wait any longer: Tetsuya Nomura interview with Famitsu! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Now the worlds, so far we know only a few out of more than Kingdom Hearts II's line up:

Twilight Town

Tangled world

Mount Olympus

Big Hero Six world

Tangled's world is called Corona and Big Hero Six takes place in San Fransokyo.

They have worlds finalized or are world still in production and what's the process since well, we know people are very impatient at this point... very impatient.

We know very little about the process of them building worlds. At first they have a giant pool, Disney makes suggestions but mostly stays out of it. They then begin building worlds and at various points in development they scrap ones that don't need to be in. That's why there's almost a finished Jungle Book world in BBS's data and character sprites for Prankster's Paradise in Days.

Edit: Ethyyyyyy

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Production on KH3, on a very basic level, started right after KH3D but really got into motion in 2013. Nomura states in many of his interviews from 2013 that KH3 was announced much too early because they had only really started work on it. This one states it the best, though:

In 2013 it wasn't even running on an engine. It was being made on Direct X11, which is not an engine at all, so it was all skeletal work and asset creation being done at that time with the hopes that they'd be moving to Luminous at some point.

Of course, FFXV's team absorbed the Luminous' team into their own and so they moved on to Unreal Engine 4.

It did not start after KH2, definitely.

It counts in that it most certain exists and wouldn't have been shown if it wasn't planned for the game, but it hasn't been officially revealed so it cannot actually be counted.

Okay, so the production did start in 2013 and the ball was rolling when they switch to a engine that would run better. And the worlds, yes we only know those I meantion, but it's not like they can put every Disney and Pixar world into a hat and pull out of it, each needs to be fitting to the overall plot and not be just there or it's another Kingom Hearts 2 issue where the overall plot againt the orgainzation isn't about that and just a adridged version of the movies (not that I mind, how many Disney movies I haven't watch or remembered) or Birth By Sleep 's issue and we know how most feel about Dream Drop Distnece's.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Okay, so the production did start in 2013 and the ball was rolling when they switch to a engine that would run better. And the worlds, yes we only know those I meantion, but it's not like they can put every Disney and Pixar world into a hat and pull out of it, each needs to be fitting to the overall plot and not be just there or it's another Kingom Hearts 2 issue where the overall plot againt the orgainzation isn't about that and just a adridged version of the movies (not that I mind, how many Disney movies I haven't watch or remembered) or Birth By Sleep 's issue and we know how most feel about Dream Drop Distnece's.

I think they're okay with playing around with the worlds a bit more, after all San Fransokyo is going to have a purely original plot.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, I don't think we'll be seeing that issue this time around with KH3 considering they seem to not only have a ton of freedom to do whatever (which I think has given them a bit more confidence in working with the films in general) but also have people from Disney helping them out.

Where have you been when we've been getting this news? xD

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah, I don't think we'll be seeing that issue this time around with KH3 considering they seem to not only have a ton of freedom to do whatever (which I think has given them a bit more confidence in working with the films in general) but also have people from Disney helping them out.

Where have you been when we've been getting this news? xD

Been here, some people haven't or blow a gasket on Comments section of people's videos like HMK and TheGamersjoint/Cynical

Heard of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back