• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about hypothetical Switch ports...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
If the 1.5+2.5 got a Switch port, would they *all* be able to fit on a Switch card, or would they have to be split in half again ala the PS3 collections.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Awards
Knowing how the two games on Switch thing is handled these days (i.e. Capcom), then it’ll probably be split unless Square can find a way to stuff them on a single cartridge.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I imagine storage wise they'd have to be on two cartridges seeing the cartridge seems to have less storage place. Of course they could always have the cartridge just contain the biggest assets and download the rest to complete it.

I'd imagine there'd be a digital collection, where you can get 1.5+2.5, which if there is I'd probably get.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I imagine storage wise they'd have to be on two cartridges seeing the cartridge seems to have less storage place. Of course they could always have the cartridge just contain the biggest assets and download the rest to complete it.

I'd imagine there'd be a digital collection, where you can get 1.5+2.5, which if there is I'd probably get.

Its not so much about the space as it is the costs. Carts cost more than discs and the higher the capacity, the greater the cost. Some 3rd parties have resorted to only putting like 1/3rd of a game on an 8GB instead of going for the 32GB carts for that reason.

Back