• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about Final Mix's

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narnianqueen

I tried to research this before I asked but came up with nothing. So, I'm asking experienced people. From my research, I found out that the English version had extras that the Japanese version didn't so they made the Final Mix with extras that the English version doesn't have, correct? For a few years, I believed that I would never be able to play the Final Mix Games because there will never be an English version. However, I recently found out that the Final Mix Games have the American voices but the text is in Japanese. For people who have played the Final Mix Games, is this true? Because I've watched videos on Youtube of the Final Mix cut-scenes and they were in Japanese voices. So, you can see how I'm a little confused. Please answer that for me so I won't waste my money with the Final Mix Games.

Also, I recently read that someone heard some rumors that they were making, or thinking about making, an English version (voices, text, and all) of the Final Mix Games. Are these rumors true? Have any of you heard of these rumors? If so, is there any truth, or hope, of an English Final Mix version?

swim126

Watching the world kill itself. Delightful.
The first part of your question only really applies to BbS. NA players got Mysterious Figure, plus a few other things.
As for the rumor you mentioned, Nomura has stated that he would LIKE to remake the games, but time simply does not permit it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I tried to research this before I asked but came up with nothing. So, I'm asking experienced people. From my research, I found out that the English version had extras that the Japanese version didn't so they made the Final Mix with extras that the English version doesn't have, correct? For a few years, I believed that I would never be able to play the Final Mix Games because there will never be an English version. However, I recently found out that the Final Mix Games have the American voices but the text is in Japanese. For people who have played the Final Mix Games, is this true? Because I've watched videos on Youtube of the Final Mix cut-scenes and they were in Japanese voices. So, you can see how I'm a little confused. Please answer that for me so I won't waste my money with the Final Mix Games.

Yes, Final Mixes have English dialogue, but the exclusive FM cutscenes (or at least most of them) are either muted or with Japanese voices.

Also, I recently read that someone heard some rumors that they were making, or thinking about making, an English version (voices, text, and all) of the Final Mix Games. Are these rumors true? Have any of you heard of these rumors? If so, is there any truth, or hope, of an English Final Mix version?

I don't recall ever hearing those rumors. Nomura's mentioned he'd like to remake the games, but never specified if the FMs would be included.

Also, I just looked at this website (Link here: Buy Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ (Ultimate Hits) (PS2™) - Play-Asia.com ) And it said in the description for KH2 Final Mix that it had an English voice cast. There was also a game called KH2 Final Mix + Ultimate hits. Below it said: Since this game is fully voiced in English, the theme song, Utada Hikaru's "Passion" has been changed to it's English version "Sanctuary".

Don't double post. Use the edit button ;D

jdeib963

Hmmm, Ill be glad to help!

The Final Mixes ALL use english voice overs instead of their japanese voices. The reason? They like our voices better. No lie. Its also maybe an incentive for us overseas people to buy as well. Worked for me every time. The scenes you watched with japanese final mix voices im guessing are KH2 FM voices because for those they brought back their japanese cast to do it specifically for those but nothing else.

As far as the Final Mixes coming here, well thats an age old discussion. They general consensus is the chances are slim to none. I have never heard that rumor before (or should I say ANY rumor before) of them being released here.

Hope it helps!

Narnianqueen

Ok, thanks!!!! As for the rumors, I don't believe them but I'm not going to give up hope. That's why I think I'll wait a little longer to see what happens before I spend all that money. I mean, I never would've thought of a remake of Com. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back