• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about CoM *spoilers*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaFlame

Ok I've beaten KH1 and played through most of CoM, pretty much completing Sora's story (didn't beat marluxia but I know the ending quite well). I have not gone through Riku's story however, and I'm planning to go over to KH2 soon. Will this effect anything plot wise? Are there certain things I need to know from Riku's story? The reason I am asking this is because 1) lost my Re:Com disk and I don't know where it is and 2) hated the card battle system, don't really want to go back.

Thanks!

Dowhax

Bronze Member
There certain key elements in Riku's story that has to deal with him and the darkness in his heart.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well, KH2 was made in mind with the fact that many people wouldn't want to finish COM first, before playing it so in truth it doesn't really matter a whole lot. But Riku's story is quite interesting and is important for the whole story of course. Certainly will explain a lot of things for you.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
You will probably be missing some important things, although CoM as a whole isn't totally necessary to understand KH2. If you pay close attention during KH2, you won't ever be completely lost, but you'll miss some little references to CoM. The only huge things you'll be missing are DiZ's first appearance and how he met Riku, and how Riku actually escaped the realm of darkness. Honestly, if you don't ever plan on playing Riku's story, just browse the cutscenes on Youtube. They cover pretty much everything you'll need to know. And there's very little in the way of Disney story in Riku's mode, so most cutscenes are actually relevant to Riku's development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back