• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about CoM/days events

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Monty1988

So I have some more questions on what’s actually going on during these times.

1. During KH1 when xemnas fights sora, is this to acquire some of his memories to create Xion? Being as he already recruited Roxas at this point.
2. When Roxas falls into a coma xemnas asks Saïx, “will be ever awaken?” And Saïx says “as long as the hero loses his memory, he will” and xemnas responds saying “than I guess all depends on CO than” or something similar to that. To
me this means he intended to mess up Soras memories and knew all about it. Am I right? But at the same time, Soras leaked memories caused Roxas to start having visions and therefore transferred them to Xion, which obviously wasn’t xemnas’ plan. It’s so confusing
3. Why couldn’t xemnas use both Roxas and Xion for his heart capturing plan? I know Namine says they can’t coexist but why? Did things become to risky since she started dominating Soras memories? Resulting in Roxas getting weaker? So if xemnas knew about Soras memories being messed with than why create a replica which can obviously turn on him as she did anyways instead of just dealing with Roxas

im playing KH2 now and I really don’t wanna play chain and watch days again as I’m working through all of them to play KH3. Will more of this make sense?

Wallflower3582

Xion was not created using the memories of Sora. She is simply a replica of Roxas. It was by mistake that she began absorbing Sora's memories, since she, being a replica of Roxas, was connected to Sora. So no, Xemnas wasn't taking Sora's memories in KH1. (Xion didn't gain a personality or an appearance until she began absorbing the memories. So technically, as a person, she is made of Sora's memories. But they weren't involved in her initial creation.)

Roxas fell into a coma when Naminé put Sora to sleep, since they're both kind of psychically linked, and as Sora's memories were being rearranged he awakened. At this point, though, Org 13 would have been out of the picture for Sora and CO, as he was already asleep. Saïx believed that Roxas would awaken as Sora's fake memories were removed, I believe. But I don't think he really knew. It doesn't seem like it's really mentioned again. And Xemnas just kinda always knows what's going on. With Org. 13 members, that's mostly due to something called the Recusant's Sigil, which isn't really brought up until Dream Drop Distance, so don't worry about that yet.

Sora's memories and power began leaking out to Xion and Roxas, but as one would absorb more of them, the other would be weakened. They couldn't both coexist as long as Sora's power was divided between them.

Xion did turn on the Organization, but Replicas were still an experiment, and the Organization couldn't have known exactly how it was gonna pan out. They didn't know she would betray them. Vexen stated that Xion was really the first successful Replica. (which is why he called her No. I, and add and X to that and you get Xion). Xemnas could still keep her under his control better than he could with Roxas, so she was the preferable survivor for him. She was literally reprogrammed after being brought back to the Xemnas, intended to absorb the rest of Sora's memories and power straight from Roxas. She still managed to keep a small grasp on her identity though, which caused her to bait Roxas into destroying her, allowing him to absorb the rest of Sora's power instead, and then, she hoped, go on to thwart Xemnas' plan. He was more capable of bringing them down than she was. As for why Xion was created, she was literally just a back-up of Roxas in case he didn't work out.

Last edited:

Wallflower3582

Just a general suggestion, try not to get too bogged down in all of the details of the games yet. There will be plenty of time for that later, but Nomura's style of storytelling is very convoluted and out of order. Sometimes things won't make sense until something happens two games later to clarify. Like the mysterious figure in the cave on Destiny Islands from KH1. We didn't get a complete explaination of that until Dream Drop Distance, which released about a decade later. So definitely keep playing forward. Replaying the ones you've already finished won't necessarily make anything clearer unless you get through the rest of the series.

Back