• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Quest for Valyon's Staff -- Omnius

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malum Incantum

Yes, this was that thing that ZtM told you about... getting the Staff of his most famous (and, if you knew him and the character better like I did, most feared) character of all time.

Valyon Lightstar.

Anywho, let's just jump right into it..

The Staff of Omnius. A weapon of untold power and legend. No one exactly knows when or how it was created, except for Valyon himself.

Valyon Lightstar. The last of the Talen. The Talen were beings made completely of magic, their heart, body, soul. They lived on a world known as Tal. Valyon managed to escape from a very young age...

He had found the weapon when he was older, and living in a new home. He had been on a quest for the weapon, not knowing of its true origins or nature yet, but found it, and after suffering much sorrow and misery, was stuck with it.

He used it, remembering what it had cost him -- the lives of his closest friends. He wandered the Omniverse, as his powers and skills became far more incredible and enhanced as millenia passed.

Then, after a final tournament, to decide who would be the greatest fighter of all time, he decided to leave. However, he left the most important possession he ever owned.

The Staff of Omnius.

No one exactly knows where it is for sure, but Valyon has left clues, all across the Omniverse, scattered throughout.

Whoever possesses the Staff shall have untold power, and could very ewll bend the Cosmos to their will. The benevolent would of course put it to good use... while, evil on the other hand, well you know how that all goes.

In the Nexus of the Omniverse, Omnia, itself, gateways have opened from all Universes, all Multiverses, all expanses. Heroes of new and old are being summoned to have their chance at recovering the Staff. This is where the first clue lies as well, and where the adventure... will undoubtedly, begin.

Okie dokie. Wasn't that fun? Now, as a rule, YOU CAN BE ANY CHARACTER FROM ANY ANIME,BOOK, GAME, WHATEVER -- However, please keep it in context, don't go getting SpongeBob Squarepants to fight for the Staff... it would make Zex very sad...

I expect, as from what he has told me, that you all (er, most of you) are responsible enough to handle this.

Now, for the part that everyone hates-- Rules.

1. No God Moding or Power Playing -- Unless I call for it.
2. Be literate, and no one-lining.
3. Participate, PLEASE
4. Cursing and Romance are allowed, even slightly encouraged. Keep in context however.
5. Post "Questing for Adventure" at the top of your template.
6. Have Fun!

I will let you create your own template! However, show some DESCRIPTION. You can be a character from something, OR YOUR OWN ORIGINAL ONE! Doesn't matter

Mine:

Name: Malum Incantum

Appearance: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/Valyon/spiral53.jpg

Personality: Malum is a fairly shy guy. He does not seem to talk alot, though there is always a lot going on in his mind. He is extremely intelligent, but does not show it alot. It seems he may have had a bad life, or some bad experiences, but he doesn't open up much, so no one would really know. He fumbles with his words around females sometimes, or in general, but he is not retarded in any way. However, if you happen to make it to be a true friend to him, he will talk to you, and defend you.

Bio:
Malum grew up in a world called Eggrum Not. It was this world that he discovered what he was able to do, and that he was not just a regular Notian. He has had wings all his life, which is something rarely seen on this world of the gifted. What made it worse, and him an outcast, was the fact that they were grey/black wings. He has astounding blue eyes, and purplish white hair. This all contrasts and conforms together to make him astoundingly handsome.

At at the age of 14, he left his home, much to the angst of his parents against it, and travelled the Omniverse, after finding that he could travel between worlds. He has done many things, many good, many bad, and still wanders, to this day. He uses no.. visible weapon.

Masquerade

Where's battlecry? :(
Website
www.facebook.com
"Questing for Adventure"

Name: Edward Elric

Appearence: Like Ed elric, will try to find pick.

Personality: Ed is a loud mouth who wants to be the best. He can act like a two year old at times, but at other times, he can be serious.

Bio: Ed was born in Central City. He learned alchemy at a young age, and tries to be the best. He became an excellent fight and state alchemist at the age of 12 and now travels all the worlds in hope of a special item. He uses his automail arm and leg as a weapon....plus his alchemy.

Who Am I?

"Questing For Adventure"

Name: Henryk Richard Fannin, a.k.a 'The Ageless Stranger'
Age: Why do you think he's called 'The Ageless Stranger', eh? He looks like 100 years old though.

Appearance: http://image04.webshots.com/4/0/89/45/73008945dIkfaH_ph.jpg

Personality: The personality is very strange indeed for Henryk. He is intelligent, and oblivious of pain, suffering and death. His search for an answer-- no, a 'question' has made him grumpy, and threatening. Although these 'personalities' may seem.. evil, there have been reports of him saving the weak from destruction. So, lets just say he's a... confused, old wizard.

Bio: 'The Ageless Stranger' magically appeared on a world named: "Vrulstiff Rvrul". A world of desert. A world where no rain goes. A world of famine and destruction. Befriending the local habitants which were ... How should I put this? A bit strange and impossible to describe in words. With the help of these strange creatures, Henryk learnt the ways of controlling sand and water. And also a good amount of Travelling magic. He found that with this magic he could travel between worlds.

With a good amount of his energy, he travels around the Omniverse searching for a question. A question which he calls 'The One And Truthful Question'. What this question is he does not know. While searching, he has grown a liking for artifacts and such. He started this 'hobby' when he found a magical staff embedded in the rock of a mountain. He came to call this staff: "Nature's Death". He has used this staff ever since.

((Want to read more? Well, this mysterious character's story will unfold over the course of time. I might use this character in other Rps, you know.

By the way, the staff looks like this: http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/t/i/timo/magic_staff.jpg.html ))

Valentine

almost human.
"Questing for Adventure"

Name: Valencia Rouge; Ms. Thursday

Appearance: Long black hair, knowing blue eyes, 5'7, white mid-drift shirt, light brown jacket, black pants, black shoes, single earing on her left ear, tatooes in ancient runes up and down her arm.

Personality: An enigma beyond anything else, Valencia is quick-witted and mysterious, never letting her guard down. Compassion is rare with this woman, and she is, most of the time, quite merciless.

Bio: A gargantuan Multiverse bounty was placed on her head as a child, after she was blamed for stealing an ancient artifact at the edge of her universe. For years no one heard from her. But 7 years after the accident, she emerged, and set fire to an entire planet, on the 17th of July. That was the anniversary of her disspearance. This happened on a thursday, and thus Valencia Rouge was transformed into, "Ms. Thursday; The Firecracker".

Last edited:

Malum Incantum

OOC: More people need to join, but I don't want this thing to flounder, so we can start!

IC:

Malum smacked into a tree as he felt the centrifical forces of the portal that had swallowed him in without warning finally letting go. He slowly sat up, feeling like he was going to puke, but managed to hold it down.

"God, my portals are not even quite that bad..."

He slowly shook his head and stood up. Where was he now? It looked vaguely familiar, yet strangely wild and unknown at the same moment. He saw in front of him, a huge city. It was vastly large, and seemed... chaotic. Orderly, yet chaotic, at the same time. It was strangely beautiful, and yet horrifying, all in the same go. It was a city of vast technology, yet natural resources.

"What a strange place..and yet, this is where it brought me.." He started walking for the center of the city, which is where he felt he should go.

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
I'm in!!

'Questing For Adventure'

Name: Meilin Miyako Kimura
Hometown: Konohagakure/Kirigakure
Weapons/Possessions:
Senbon (Acupuncture Needles, Ninja Weapon)
Kunai
Shuriken (Multiple Types)
Jutsus:
1: Art of the Familiar Spirit [Kuchiyose no Jutsu]
A space-time skill in which a user signs a blood contract with various lifeforms and is able to call them forth when needed. The summoner uses blood as the medium for the technique. The size, type and number of lifeforms summoned depends on the amount of chakra utilized. Meilin’s familiar appears in the form of a blue Two-Tailed Fox.
2: Multiple Shadow Clone Skill [Tajuu Kage Bunshin no Jutsu]
An advanced version of the Shadow Clone Skill (Kage Bunshin no Jutsu), which creates many more shadow clones than usual.
3: Mist Instantaneous Body Skill [Kiri Shunshin no Jutsu]
A technique which allows the user to transport from one place to another in a veil of mist.
4: Medicine Knowledge [Kusuri no Chishiki]
A skill in which the user can create various medicines that can heal or are toxic.
5: Illusion Bell Needles [Suzu Senbon no Genkaku]
Technique which uses special bells attached to throwing needles, or Senbon. The bells ring at a certain frequency and the sound directly affects the brain. This is able to disorient the opponent and create illusions.
6: Art of the Vocal Illusion [Lyric no Jutsu] ((Note, I own this Jutsu! Me!))
A technique developed by Meilin and Itachi, this jutsu allows the user to employ their voice in the casting of high-grade illusions. A user must focus a significant amount of chakra into the song, and must direct that chakra toward the inner ear. It can be used to provide a distraction to escape, allow allies to attack, or even, with enough power, to drive the victim insane. ((((However, it can only enter the opponent via the auditory nerve, so countering it comes merely to covering one’s ears. It also takes massive amounts of chakra to maintain. But most Shinobi don’t know that.... Just Meilin, Orochimaru and Itachi.)))
Kekkei Genkai (Bloodline Limits):
1: Demonic Ice Mirrors [Makyou Hyoushou]
A secret technique, which surrounds an opponent in a dome of mirrors composed of ice. The mirrors are not composed of normal ice, and are resistant to most fire based attacks. The user is capable of entering the mirrors and transporting between them by using their reflections. All the mirrors display a reflection of the user making it nearly impossible to determine which mirror the user is in or the source of an attack. This technique consumes a considerable amount of chakra.
2: Flying Ice Needles
A technique utilizing Senbon, acupuncture needles, rather than Kunai. Senbon are useful in non-lethal paralysis, medical treatment, one-hit kills, and death illusions. Illusions of death are often used in disceptions to make it seem the user is a friend, rather than a foe.
Bloodline Ablities: One Hand Seals

Bio: Meilin is the daughter of shinobi, a father from Hide-In-Leaves, a mother from Hide-In-Mist. Her mothers clan, the Miyako, have for generations protected the barriers between her world, and others. Now with the thinning of the worldwalls, and the onset of greater, multi-world spanning evils, she feels it is her duty to assist those with similar responsibilities. She’s traveled for several years now, to nearby worlds, mostly.

Meilin grew up with the Uchiha Clan Brothers, Sasuke and Itachi, as close friends. Itachi had promised to help her achive her dream. To become the first Hunter Nin that became a Kage. As a Hunter Nin, Meilin has an extensive knowledge of the human bodys systems, which she can use to save or kill.

It's unknown how she will react to having real power over any type of chaos, allthough it is known that she primarily uses her jutsu to protect her home, not attack others.

Appearance:
meilin.jpg

0717fcd1.jpg

Theme Song: Say The Word – Christy Carlson Romano
Soundtrack: Affirmation – Savage Garden

Last edited:

Who Am I?

A bowl of sand laid atop a stump and a man sat behind it. An old man, that is. He firmly held a staff in his right hand, and the beautiful, green stem that strangled the staff glowed brightly every time the staff move. A grin played across his face revealing yellow, rotting teeth and dead leaves fell all around him. A squirrel chittered a little off watching the whole act, and three sparrows raced overhead. The wind whistled and sang.

"What was it again? Ah, yes." He placed the top of the staff over the bowl and the bowl began to shiver agressively, "Come on. Come on." The sand jumped every two seconds and the trunk slowly ripped apart. It then exploded in a shower of sparks, forcing the man to stumble backwards into the grass. His face was drenched in ashes, and he was blinking every once in a while. The squirrel had now ran away: "Oh, Henryk. You did it again!" He laughed. He was never like this around people.. Oh, how much he loved to be a show off.

Now, replacing the bowl of sand was a purple-ish portal that hovered over the charred stump. Without caring, Henryk stepped inside the portal and he was immediately thrown into a room-- well, not really a room. But it felt like it. The walls were flashing the colours of the rainbow and before he knew it he was landing in a field. The green grass swayed in the wind as if nothing happened and a few oak trees were scattered around. Henryk blinked a few times, checking behind him making sure the portal was gone then forward noticing a large city right infront of him. Tall, silver-ish buildings loomed over this defenseless field and he could clearly hear the .. technology.. humming and screaming. Technology - what a bloody waste of time.

But, Henryk could feel something in there. And he knew he was to find out... he hoped he could find out.

Don Patch

Is not dead...yet.
"Questing for Adventure"

Name: Morr Troken

Appearance: http://www.guildwars.com/images/jpeg/wallpaper/guildwars_wallpaper_highres-monk-1024.jpg

Personality: A overprotective monk, he is trained to keep his mind focused. He is cool under pressure and is very religous. He hasnt been around people for a long time so he keeps to himself a lot and doesnt know a lot about . He is very serious about things and hates when people act like children.

Bio: He became a monk when he was 13, and trained all his life. He is a master of fist-fighting and trains everyday and master every fighting technique it offers. He lives far from civilization and has a perfected life away from them. He sensed something wrong while meditating one day and went out to the mainland to find what was wrong. He has a pendant around his neck and wears black gloves with white runes on them.

Meilin

Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Meilin fell headfirst out of one of her portals into teh center of the city. "Ouch.... That was weird."

She stood slowly, hiding in the shadows out of pure habit. She surveyed her surroundings, a seemingly impossible mix of cybernetics and plant life. This world is the weirdest yet....

She saw one person appear from the south, A boy with white hair and black wings. She noticed that he also looked a bit lost. As a precaution, she hid her senbon in her sleeve, then walked up to the guy. "Can you tell me where we are?" she asked.

Valentine

almost human.
She felt her feet touch the ground, her boots landing with a loud thud on a smooth walkway. The swirling vortex of color behind her vanished, and she lifted her eyelids, revealing a knowing pair of sapphire blue gems. She pushed some thick black hair behind her slim shoulders, and observed her surroundings. "Interesting.....I can understand why my Devil Markings were pulling me towards this place...." The tatoos of jarbled text printed up and down her arms pulsated gently. "But, sadly, I'm not here to set fire to things.....the Staff of Valyon is what I came for. Power far beyond that of my Devil Markings...I must have it!" With that, she took a step foward, and plunged into the world of culture and mechanics.

Relik

Questing for adventure

Name: Hiei

Appearance: human form- http://www.maiken2051.com/images/cropped/Hiei blue shirt.jpg
demon form- http://www.absoluteanime.com/yu_yu_hakusho/_hiei-majin.jpg

Weapon: Katana

Powers:Sword of the darkness flame, fist of the mortal flame, dragon of the darkness flame, some telepathy and telekinesis, extremely fast, and very strong. His strength and speed increase while in demon form.

Personality: A loner by nature, Hiei only respects those as strong or stronger than himself. He will never hesitate to say what's on his mind. Hiei seeks more power and to be the best. He really hates humans, but in general he hates just about everyone.

Bio: Long story short; Hiei is known as "The Forbidden Child" since his mom is an ice apparition who gave birth to a fire demon. Hiei and his twin sister both have the same necklace made from their mom's tear's of when they were born. He was raised by thieves after being thrown off the floating island his mom lived on. He lost his neckalce in a fight, and then got the jagan implant to help him locate the other necklace that his sister had. His payment for getting the jagan was that in meeting his sister he could never reveal that they were brother and sister, although that was never Hiei's intentions anyway. In one of Yuske's first cases as spirit detective , he had to stop Hiei, which he did and instead of being sentenced for his crimes Hiei was offered a position to help Yuske in future cases, which he accepted. As time went by Hiei finally got his necklace back from one of the three kings of demon world after defeating the man who gave him his jagan implant.

IC: "Look you old hag, your time alive is running shorter than patience at this moment" Hiei says gripping an older female demon by the neck. "Show me where to go to get thew staff and I will be merciful and let you live." The old demon than pointed a finger and a portal opened up. "G...go thr...thro...through the portal." Hiei than lets the demon go. "You just saved your own life." Hiei says as he walks through the portal.

Seeing the huge metropolis in front of him as he exited the portal Hiei thought Dammit, why couldn't it be hidden in a forest, why a city? With that thought in mind Hiei put his hands in his pockets and started to walk in the city.

Last edited:

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Questing for Adventure

Name: Ukiah Oregon

Appearance: A light complextion with not markings aside from a small symbol on each of his pupils which are the deepest black. His long hair is also the purest black and perfectly accents his handsome face. His physical body is quite tall standing at 6'6 and very athletic with a lean muscular build.

An armor forged from the very fiber of dreams adorns Ukiah. The breast plate is pure white with a deep almost pearl shine, while the shoulders are orchid purple in color with a cherry blossom orchard reflected in the surface. Several parts of the armor are covered in smooth, but very durable fabrics of purple and white. The leggings of his armor are made of this fabric with the chest plate coming to a skirt just over his mid-thigh region. The finals pieces of his armor are the boots and gauntlets; each of these are shimmering jet black with the same symbol from Ukiah's eyes etched into them. Something that few know is that the boots and gauntlets weigh seveal hundred thousand kilos each.

Personality: Ukiah's life has brougth many changes to him, but one quality that has never changed is his inherent goodness and his ability to bring hope. If the whole of existence was ending Ukiah could bring warmth to the most terrified of souls, he would bring hope to those who stood on the very edges of oblivion.

He will always do what he feels is right, and will cross lines others believe should not. Because he believes inherently in the balance of life in an order to everything. Always hopeful and ever vigilant his mysterious nature is foreshadowed by a sense of honor that has lasted for an eternity.

Bio: The living embodiment of a long dead and ancient universe. He has traveled through many places and fought many enemies. All his life he searched for the darkness that corrupted his universe. He found it after at long last, and together with his love Kimiko he confronted it. Harnessing his powers over Dreams, imagination, and chaos he defeated the greatest darkness.

Little is known what became of the Dream, as Ukiah came to be called, from this point. What is known is that at some point millenia after his battle with the darkness his beloved Kimiko passed into the Hallowed kingdom. For many a single millenia is an eternity, but for Ukiah a hundred millenia pass in the blink of an eye. His time with Kimiko was not long enough, and from then on he was alone.

A short time ago he received an invitation to join a great tournament at the edge of all things. There he did battle with many beings, including an old friend, and earned himself a brief glimpse of Kimiko. His heart was soothed that day and peace forever laid upon him. He searches now for the staff of Valyon. A staff that his sword has crossed once before and perhaps shall cross again.

Weapon:Dreamer
Show/Comic/Book/Etc: He comes from my mind.

Theme Song: Secret Sorrow

OOC: I hope it's ok to use this character. This is the last rp I think he'll ever be in. I thought it would do some honor to Zexion if I used him. If not I'll change it.

Don Patch

Is not dead...yet.
Morr walked out of a blue portal and looked at his surroundings. "From what my pendant tells me I should be looking for some staff..." He walked around, the town was infested bandits, thugs, cutthroats, and thiefs. A giant bandit with markings on his face stopped infront of him, his english was horrible. "U nu two tis twon?" Morr thought for a second, "I think you wanted to say, 'Are you new to this town'?" The bandit threw a punch at him, and Morr blocked it with his hand and pushed him back. "Really, do we have to fight?" The bandit took out a giant mace about as tall as him. He swung it at him and Morr punched it and it shattered it into a million wood pieces. "Well, I guess your going to keep fighting..." his right glove started to glow. He punched the bandit in the face and it launched him onto a roof. The bandits looked at him, "He got the boss!" they all charged at him. Morr saw how many there were and sprinted away.

Malum Incantum

OOC: I checked with him this morning (I think it's afternoon over there... I dunno, I will be back in the States soon). God time is horrible. Anyways, he said yeah, he rather likes that idea, Morpheaus.

IC:

Malum had sworn he heard the sound of people around him. Then again, maybe it was animals. However, something he sensed did not feel right. He closed his eyes for a moment as he searched the Gotran -- the Field of Auras in a dimension or on a plane. He studied it for a few seconds, before he slowly nodded.

He was right. There were others. He slowly turned as he sensed and heard a female one. He gave her a calm smile, even though he felt she was hiding something. "I am not sure... but, I think it's at the center of the Omniverse." He scratched his chin a moment before he blinked at her, his penetrating and almost startling blue eyes staring into her own brown ones.

It was as if he was searching the soul. Sometimes people wondered whether or not he could actually do that, but it seemed that no one really ever asked him about it. It almost seemed as if his eyes were locked with hers in a stare for an eternity. However, suprisingly, it was only a second, as he finally pulled the stare away from her.

"My name is Malum, Malum Incantum. I suppose me and you are alike in the fact that we have just been transported here for no reason?" He gave a small, sly, but hopeless kind of smile as he held out his hand, and his long, odd-looking, platinum/purple hair swayed gently across his face, as his wings shuddered a moment, before resting against his back again.

Meilin

Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Meilin blinked. "I suppose so." she said, shaking his hand. That stare was slightly scary. It reminded her way to much of Orochimaru's and Itachi's eyes.... Eye's that could see anything and cause you to feel death with a glance. "Though I was trying to travel somewhere, this certainly wasn't what I had in mind. My name is Meilin." She glanced up at the taller boy, then looked around. "If you're not a native to this world, where are you from?"

(((OMFG Morpheaus! This rockz!!!)))

Malum Incantum

He blinked and thought about that question for a moment in repose. Where exactly was he from? He scratched his chin as he muttered something to himself. He slowly and finally looked up at her. "I am from a world known as Eggrum Not. How about you?" He decided to keep walking, hoping that she would follow with him.

Meilin

Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Meilin followed beside him, smiling a bit. "I believe the outsiders call my world 'The Five Great Lands of Shinobi.'" she said, "I was heading back there, when the portal I made dumped me here. I haven't been able to make another since I got here."

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
A small portal opened in skies over the city and from that a single cherry blossom emerged gently falling from the heavens. When the cherry blossom reach solid ground it was replaced with two booted feet that landed without a sound. Ukiah looked around for several minutes, his eyes seeing through metal, earth, and flesh and bone alike, he caught glimpes of several beings. But only a few of them caught his interest. "They're here sooner than I expected. It won't be as easy as I'd hoped," he said to himself in a voice tinged with regret.

"I'll find the outcast first. The others will be drawn together in time," he said to himself once again. With a brief sigh he set off down the alley in search of the others.

Relik

A sudden surge of power makes Hiei drop to his knees Oh my god, what is that power? It is unlike any power I have felt before. Hiei thought. Getting back on his feet, Hiei removes the bandana from his head to get a better sense of where the power surge he felt came from. Coming from the west, well somethign that powerful is definently worth my time to check out. Hiei then jumps on top of the nearest building to get a better view of travel, and then proceeds to jump from building to building getting closer and closer to the power surge.

Malum Incantum

OOC: Relik, do you normally role-play like that? Just wondering...

IC:

About that moment, he was going to say something, but something suddenly caught his attention and he felt a tingle of power, unlike one he had felt before.

"What is that force...and why is it coming towards us..." He mumbled that, slightly out loud, but more to himself...His wings fluttered for a second before he continued walking.

"That sounds horrible... I voluntarily left my world..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back