• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Quest for Release

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
questsig001om4.png

THE QUEST FOR RELEASE
a quest to see kh2fm+ outside of japan​

What's your purpose?
With news from both KHInsider and KHNetwork, the hopes of fans eagerly awaiting a press release or annoucement for a release of Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+ outside of Japan have been dampened. A person from Square Enix support has reported that the game is not coming out, while Monkey has reported that Square has other games on their plate that they plan to take care of. But, if you think about it, two things are true: anyone in Square Enix will NOT say if the game is coming out until they have officially announced it and KH2FM+ came out in March, which is after many of the games that they are releasing came out in Japan.

The purpose of this thread is to create a base for anyone who hasn't lost hope for this game and wishes to see it North America and Europe. Any news of a release from Square Enix themselves or from employees within the company will be posted here, along with news from other sites. This is also where you can show your support and help this game get outside of Japan. Also, we're just trying to get the game here. It doesn't have to be in the fall. Just as long as it gets here, everything will be fine and LOTS of people will be happy!

Just remember one thing: don't lose hope if you want this! Be positive, not negative, because if you're negative, you'll be hopeless, and so will others, and any chance of getting it here will be lost.

I also ask one thing of anyone who is negative and thinks the game won't be coming here: DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD. Yes, you want to put in your opinion, but I'd like to make this a very positive thread, which means you need to be positive to post in it.

What's going on right now?
The latest news:
06.25.07 - The thread was created and, hopefully, we'll get some support for this soon.

Mike from KHN posted his support chat recently on KHN, while Monkey from KHI posted how Square is focusing on other projects instead of KH2FM+. Remember: just because they're working on other projects doesn't mean that they're not actually working on it! Even if it doesn't come out this year, it can still come out next year and everything'll be fine; as long as it comes out, we're good!

Who are we up against?
This is a strange thing to add in, but an important thing: who are we up against, or who do we have to show we want this game so badly? Square Enix in general, mainly in the main Japan headquarters. The NA Square company knows the demand for this game, but we have to prove how much we want it. They have to through Japan, show them how much we want this, and then there will be a decision. It's up to us to show them that we, the fans of Kingdom Hearts, want this game. After all, nothing is impossible.

What can I do?
Simple! Though it will involve some copy and pasting at points, this is what you can do:
-Email: Emailing Square has shown the demand for the game the most, most likely. It's not petitions, letters, or calls, but emails that could be the key to making this whole thing work in the first place. That is why you have to continue on with sending those emails! Just send an email to Square that says how much you want KH2FM+ and send it to their support email. You will get an automatic, copy-and-paste email from them but they did get it. It's also good if you email them every day or every week; I know that might be asking a lot, but if you copy and paste the same email you first sent them, then it'll help a lot more than you think. [Just remember to not spam them!]

If you can email your emails to "support[at]@square-enix-usa.com" [Replace the [at] with a '@']
-Phone Call: Another recommended thing to do is just to call Square Enix and tell them how much you want KH2FM+. Several people have called and talked to people who want to help get the game here, so this is a helpful thing to do! Just call '858-790-7529' between 9AM and 6PM Pacific and talk to a representative!
-Support Chat: Talking to someone in Customer Support is also a good thing to do. Simply go into the chat, ask them about KH2FM+, and tell them that you want the game. You can also ask other questions relating to Kingdom Hearts or other games as well. And, just a note: this is NOT a definite yes or no! Square will keep this secret until this is announced, so just because they say it's not coming here doesn't mean it's actually not! This is the same thing with the email and phone calls; if they say no, there's no way of telling if they're keeping this secret or not.
-Petition: Finally, you can sign the main petition to get KH2FM+. This is only a small thing, though, and you can only really do this once, but it's still helpful! You can sign the petition over here!

Remember that you can do these things as often as you want, except for the petition, so please do these often! Also, for European gamers, I don't have the addresses and phone numbers for EU Square Enix, so if you know them, PLEASE send them! Anything you send will be greatly appreciated! [I do have the email address and phone number, but I'm not sure if they're up-to-date, and I also don't have their snail mail address.]

One final note: feel free to post your replies, chat logs, and phone logs [You'll have to transcribe them or at least describe what they said] if there's anything interesting. Also remember that an employee at Square is helping us out, too! His name is Neil and if you chat with him, get any email back from him, or talk to him on the phone, remember that he's trying to help out!

What else can I do?
Put links to this on your sig! Spread the word! Have patience as well! And, pleasepleasePLEASE be positive! Negativity isn't going to get FM+ here! Just remember that we're trying to get the game here, even if it's not in the fall. As long as it gets here, we'll be good!

How do I show my support?
You can use signatures, avatars, and other images on your sig or in place of your avatar to pass this around. Any other graphics are greatly appreciated! Here's all the images we have so far:

Main Campaign Banner - Takushi Rena

Be sure to link back to the thread with URL links and images!

What do you know?
Much of this information is from the Livejournal links below, and much of this was from a conversation with a Square Enix representative:
-At least 150k people want this game. [The numbers probably have gone up from April, which was the last update from this]
-Square Enix isn't allowed to post in forums, communities, etc. but they do look at things sometimes!
-Square-Enix NA actually wants KH2FM+ as well, but they have to go through Japan and show how much people in North America and Europe want the game. It's up to SE Japan to decide if we get this game or not, which is why we have to keep on sending emails, letters, and calling SE!
-Square-Enix will NOT say if the game is coming out in a normal support chat, in an email, or on a phone call. They will keep this information TIGHT, which means that even if you really talk to someone often from Square, you're likely to not get any information about the game until a press release comes out.
-Square is also working on other games as well; KH2FM+ is NOT a priority, but it might become one because of fan demand. This game can come out at anytime and that includes Fall of this year. It's likely to come out next year as well, so keep your hopes out! There's no definite yes or no YET.
-When we know if we have a definite yes or no is when there is a press release or Square completely gives us a 'NO', meaning that there's no chance of it coming here. Right now, we still do have a chance, but that chance may lead us to next year sometime. Just be patient!

What is your proof?
I've said several things in this thread already that might make you wonder how I know that. If you're on Livejournal, you know why. A campaign has already started back in September for this game, and it's been ongoing since. It has lots of support and I've been watching it this whole time. If you want proof that this is true, then look at these links:
Original campaign
Campaign Rebirth
Talk with Neil; this information was posted on KHInsider a little while back

Anything else to add?
KEEP YOUR HOPES UP. That is priority! Be positive, keep your hopes up, and be very very patient. And just keep on telling them how much we want this, without spamming them!

Okies, welcome to the base and LET'S GET THIS GAME HERE! You can talk about anything that happens on here, though I don't think this thread will be that active. If anything happens to this, feel free to bring it back at anytime! Even if the thread's not incredibly active, this will STILL go on until we have a definite yes or no.

Souten Ni Zase

Good Lord, give it a rest, Takushi! Your 'Quest for a Realease' is completely void, KH2FM+ is not coming outside of Japan. It's been almost four months since Final Mix+ was released, Square would have said something by now if they were releasing it here. They are focusing on other projects now.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You don't have to read all of it! xD; Yeah, I tend to... ramble... but you don't necessarily have to read all of it. 8D;; Just how to help would be best, I guess.

Thanks for the support, Evrae! 'Tis greatly appreciated! Now, I need to start sending emails again myself. xD;

Raynie

a Mean cycle, Sir
Website
zombiekunoichi.deviantart.com
*stares at moogle's post for a moment* ... ...

Anyway. YES! I completely agree on this. I wish some people would stop being so negative on this. Keep thinking negatively and it won't happen. I'm going to e-mail, e-mail, e-mail! And sign petitions and such. I'll think of a way of spreading the word out in my own way soon. :3

Remember, think positively! D< Now let's bug the hell out of Square-Enix for this! ... Okay, fine. |: Let's POLITELY bug the hell out of them. :D

Joking, but you get what I'm saying. :3;

Demi_Shock

Enix would make SOOO much money off of FM+ in the west. Its a good investment as far as keeping us fans happy. We might just get bored and switch to XBox or something.

Souten Ni Zase

Also, Square wouldn't make money if they released it here. They know this. FINAL MIX GAMES ARE ONLY FOR JAPAN; THEY ARE FOR THE JAPANESE AUDIENCE. Got it memorized?

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i'll join your rebel allience!
Okay, now I want to call this the Rebel Alliance. xDD Anyone think we should give ourselves a name? That would be kinda neat!
Demi_Shock said:
Enix would make SOOO much money off of FM+ in the west. Its a good investment as far as keeping us fans happy.
Completely true as well. With 150k+ fans wanting FM+, they would get a lot of money out of this.

And, yush, NEKO IS RIGHT! That, or she just gave me another idea of something to say: when you spread the word, don't just spread it on here. Spread it around anywhere you can! Tell your friends, post up the banner on your sig on another forum, etc. I saw people lose a whole lot of hope because of what two people said, and none of it was a definite yes or no! So, seriously spread the word around. I'm putting up that sig on any forum I'm on. xD;

I know it's a bit late, but has anyone gotten any different responses from Square in emails? They have to write them themselves, so you might not get a reply yet.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
moogle said:
yeah... a name would be cool.... but what?

*thinks*
We could call ourselves Organization XIII, but that would be clique. xD;

Chasers... Organization XIII... Alliance of Memories? 8D; *kicks last one for being strange*

moogle

@ Takushi Rena: they dont sound good at all... it makes me feel like id have to kick my own ass if i were to be in something that was called "Alliance of Memories"

. . . . . . .

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Questionsofheart

Mussssst.....haaaaaavve.......fM+............Inn Ammeriicaaaa........

Go Us! Square does actually read things from fans, so if we get enough support, we WILL make something happen! Can someone post up an adress for us to send E-mail to? I will send as many begging letters as possible if it gets us FM+!

Dragon rage

GAH! I want this game so badly!:cursing: I know that we didn't get the first final mix because of the stuff the international market got, but we got the exact same game they got and they aren't going to send us the good stuff to?!?!?:cursing: This is an OUTRAGE! If I have to, I will march right up to the CEO of square enix and tell him personally about the damand for this game!
But, first I need to come up with the money to buy the ticket, and I'll need an interpreter 'cuz japanese confuses me!
Any suggestions?

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Quickie post. xD; I'll be back on the names in a little while...

Actually, the email's up on the first post. It's under the... *cough* paragraph on the whole email ordeal, but it's right above the info about phone calls.

Here it is anyways, though: "support[at]square-enix-usa.com" [Replace the [at] with @ for it to work!]

There's also a guide on one of the links I posted, explaining what to put in your email. Remember that you MUST be polite, or else they won't even listen. Screaming at them doesn't do a thing, so polite and be patient!

Dragon_rage: it's actually not up to anyone at SENA. It's all up to Japan, which is mostly the point of this thread. ^^;

Thanks for sending the emails, signing the petition, and everything else you've done! Be sure to post up any interesting tidbits of info as well!

One extra note before I run off: I am NOT the person behind the original campaign. I'm just trying to get something set back into motion, even if it's just a little thing to do. But, thanks everyone for the support in this thread! I greatly appreciate it! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back