• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Queer/LGBT Films - Closet Monster (2016)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
MV5BNjA1MzQ2Mjk2NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjAwNjY3NjE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,692,1000_AL_.jpg

[video=youtube;PUibxBj3HVk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUibxBj3HVk[/video]

"An East Coast teenager and aspiring special-effects makeup artist struggles with both his sexuality and his fear of his macho father, while desiring to escape his hometown and turbulent childhood."

Just saw this trailer for this award-winning Canadian gay film by writer-director Stephen Dunn and it looks really good! So I thought I'd share it and hopefully spread the word to any interested parties. It's releasing this year.

I don't know how many people on this forum are interested in queer films, but I thought maybe if there is interest this could also become a general thread to discuss and share queer films with each other? Let me know if anyone is interested in this idea because there are definitely some good films to rec and discuss!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 36435

i thought you were heading in a completely different direction

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I'm offended you would post this trailer, get me interested, and then only for me to find out it's not available to watch anywhere online.

Y u do dis audo-chan?

LingeringVanitas

As a part of the LGBT community I love queer cinema. But I am picky about which films I see. I've seen a lot of lgbt films. A lot were goofy, some were sad and some were boring. I have some I have kept and are my favorites. But always looking for a new one to see. Thank you for posting that trailer. That looks really good! I am definitely going to see that. :3

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I love queer movies (if done well, of course) and this one looks really good. I already know I'm gonna fucking cry while watching it, lol.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
WELLL

I say we open this up into being a general queer/lgbt movie thread, then! Share your favourites! Make recommendations. Discusssss.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Damn, that was an intense trailer. ;___; Must watch.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
From what I've seen, my favorites are Beautiful Thing, TransAmerica, Maurice, Big Eden, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Unconditional Love, Newcastle, Ode to Billy Joe, But I'm a Cheerleader!, Velvet Goldmine, Saved!, Victor/Victoria, Were the World Mine, Zerophilia. It's interesting that most of my favorites are about being trans (or switching genders in part or full). Even though I'm gay, I used to not really understand it and felt awkward about it, oddly enough. TransAmerica was the movie that made me really "get it." I remember I saw that film for Felicity Huffman only, and it became one of my favorite films period. There are other movies I liked that were just okay.

And I know it's not really a film, but it felt like it when I watched it: Queer as Folk (UK version). Loved that series. And young Charlie Hunnam.... *melts into a puddle*

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
The boyfriend reminds me of the guy in Les amours imaginaires but it's probably just the curly hair.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
The boyfriend reminds me of the guy in Les amours imaginaires but it's probably just the curly hair.
I thought the same. They look a lot a like, and given how they are both Canadian gay films it would not have been surprising.

AAAAND

I just learned it's actually his brother lmao. The actor from Heartbeats is Niels Schneider and the actor in this film is Aliocha Schneider. I guess that explains it :p

LingeringVanitas

Here are my favorites :]

Tipping The Velvit[this is a BBC tv 2-part movie from 2002]

But I'm A Cheerleader[a 1999 film, probably a fan favorite, I know its one of mine! and actually its sort of based on what the Director personally delt with when she was younger] --loved the film, some funny scenes but some sad scenes too...that make me cry every time ;__;

Crash[from 1996] if you're a James Spader fan you MUST see this if you haven't already, its sort of a debatable lgbt film but I feel it still belongs in the category, once you see it you'll understand why. But its a classic :]

Gypsy 83[from 2001] Not everybody remembers this. Maybe it's considered a rare movie? I don't know, I've brought it up before in different discussions and everybody always said "never heard of it" lol So check it out if you get a chance. It's a really good film.

Lost and Delirious[another 2001 film] -also another I love. Check it out when you can.

The Incredibly True Adventure of 2 Girls in Love[another 1996 film]--if you can find it, I recommend it. And yes, that is the actual name, I know its LONG lol....probably the longest name for a movie I ever saw.

Itty Bitty Titty Committee[from 2007] It's not just an queer film, its also a political film. Another good one. :]

The Crying Game[from 1992] This film gets made fun of WAY too much....its a awesome film. Sad and amazing. I think it was way ahead of its time. A classic in my book....

Christopher and His Kind[from 2011] If you liked Matt Smith as The Doctor in Dr Who, you will like him even more in this. I am not sure many people knew he was in this but he was. He was the main character in this. And I added it to my favorites list after seeing it. Check it out if you get a chance!

Boy Meets Girl[from 2014] - probably the most sort of recent one I liked a LOT. And it was based on a true story I believe. If you get a chance check this one out too....

High Art[from 1998] One that makes me cry all the time....it has a lot of power over me this one does.

Remember these are just my favorite ones. I actually have seen dozens more. I saw I think 2 newer ones from last year. I saw Carol and I also saw The Danish Girl, both were good. But I didn't like the ending to either of them....both were incredibly sad.....The Danish Girl is based on a true story. Carol was based on a book called "The Price of Salt"

Probably the oldest lgbt film I saw was "Cruising" from 1980...which had Al Pacino in it which not very many people knew about. It was a really good film. Al plays a cop that goes deep undercover into the Gay bar scene because he's trying to track down this guy that is killing gay men. It's a really dark film. Kind of creepy in a way. Probably because it was filmed back then? Technically its a 79 film because it feels more like a 70s movie. Well I guess it probably was filmed in the 70s and was released in 1980 too be technical about it lol...Don't mind me I like ranting. XD

Oh and Tartarus mentioned tv too....lol well as for tv I love Queer as Folk[US version, never saw the UK one but I know about it.] I also love The L Word. I saw a few episodes of Lip Service[UK series] but never finished the first season....

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Remember these are just my favorite ones. I actually have seen dozens more. I saw I think 2 newer ones from last year. I saw Carol and I also saw The Danish Girl, both were good. But I didn't like the ending to either of them....both were incredibly sad.....The Danish Girl is based on a true story. Carol was based on a book called "The Price of Salt"
Really? Most people consider Carol to have a happy ending. In fact that's like one of the things people praised about it the most -- that there was finally a mainstream gay love story with a happy ending.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back