• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Quadratum = Unreality

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
There seems to be an odd misconception going around concerning Quadratum, in that people keep referring it as if it is unreality (“what Disney worlds will we see in Quadratum?”)

I’m sorry, but isn’t Quadratum just the name of that particular city that exists in the overall dimensional plane that is “unreality”?

It’s like, Radiant Garden is a world that exists in reality: it’s not the reality lol

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Can't speak for anyone else but my theory is that Quadratum will be the "central" world that has gateways/portals to other worlds. Same as how in CoM the entire story took place in one location that still had access to other worlds through Sora's memories

Last edited:

okhi12

Awards
As of now Quadratum is the only known place in that dimension and by extension people refers to unreality as Quadratum.
I don't think that means there is a misconception, I'm pretty sure most if not all of those people know Quadratum is only a city within the unreality dimension, not the whole thing. In Melody of Memory, the Nameless Star directly states Quadratum is the name of the city with tall buildings, that much is clear.

It can be considered an example of synecdoche, a very common figure of speech in which a part of something is used to refer to the whole or the other way around. It's the same as saying Britain as a synonym of United Kingdom (a part refers to the whole) or when people from USA say America but meaning USA (the whole refers to a part).

Anyway, we know almost nothing about unreality. We don't know if there is more to it than just Quadratum; we can only presume it is a vast universe just like the known KH universe (which comprises the realms of light, darkness, in-between, sleep, data...) but we can't say for sure yet.

NoWay

Awards
Idc if Quadratum is the Unreality or not as long as we get a real story which progresses throughout the whole game (looking at you DDD and 3)

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm guessing Quadratum is Yozora's world and because Sora is connected to Yozora somehow, that's why he ends up there (and Riku ends up there too).

I'm not sure what DISNEY worlds should be in unreality. I don't really want the live action films, but if that's the only way Nomura will revisit places like The Pride Lands and Atlantica, then I will take it.

If the Quadratum game is going to be a side game or KH 3.5, it would be kinda cool to use Disney Channel TV shows for unreality worlds. I can already see: Kim Possible, Gargoyles, Gravity Falls, Recess (the 100 Acre Wood replacement), and American Dragon Jake Long being possible candidates. It would also be an easy nostalgia attention grab, separate from the main games.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I've encountered this assumption once or twice two, but I don't think it's too common.

Pretty sure, you're right that Quadratum is just a city in a world within Unreality. Though as of now we don't know if Unreality has multiple worlds/universes like reality does too, so perhaps it's like the Realm of Darkness with only one world you can go to.

SuperNova

Awards
I call the city that Sora and Riku are located in currently as Quadratum, and the realm itself as Unreality as most people do. Pretty sure Quadratum is just the next main hub world at the most.

HotGarbage

Awards
I think Quadratum will be just a world like any other, but to be honest i think is really hard to try make speculations about Unreality becuse we know to little about. Nomura is completely crazy so who knows what crap he will pull this time.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well Quantrum's a video game in the Toy Story world, so I guess the other worlds are in-universe fictional shows/films too, but I'm not sure how much mileage there is in that. Lightyear counts & there's WiR too I guess.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
So uh, what is "Unreality" defined as in terms explicit to canon exactly? I'm not entirely sure I am understanding, you'll have to forgive how extremely lax my tinfoil hat has been while everyone else done upgraded to satellite dishes (lmao).

okhi12

Awards
So uh, what is "Unreality" defined as in terms explicit to canon exactly? I'm not entirely sure I am understanding, you'll have to forgive how extremely lax my tinfoil hat has been while everyone else done upgraded to satellite dishes (lmao).
The thing is we don't know what Unreality is yet. We only know it's a place not of light or darkness and where ''voices cannot reach'' meaning it's outside of the realms of light, darkness, etc. that exist within the KH universe and thus it is seen as fiction, and according to the Master of Masters, the Darkness beings won't be able to follow him there.

The concept of Unreality or fiction itself is weird in the KH series because worlds and people that exist within books or are made of data are not considered fiction but reality, while an unknown reality outside of their own was deemed as unreality or fiction by Ansem the Wise without much thought just because it's unknown or unreachable from their side, as if not knowing or not being able to reach something or somewhere must mean it's not real. Not very humble of Ansem the Wise to think that way instead of admitting that there may be things he just doesn't know about.

Last edited:

SuperNova

Awards
Ansem the Wise really needs to come up with better names, but essentially Unreality is just that, outside of the normal realms of KH. I've seen some people refer to Unreality as just an alternate reality that's on the other side but because KH characters can't reach it by normal means they refer to it as "fiction."

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I still feel like even though Quadratum is going to be a hub world, where you're going to have to do missions for the Reaper's game, and once the game is over it will connect to Game Central Station. We know that the TWEWY characters are making a comeback, so why not place them there? In a game that is separate from their real world or reality. Eventually we know that GSC is going to come back because there are still the 6 original darknesses trapped in the corridors. Hopefully we even get a continuation of Tron Legacy where they escape the computers and data servers and return to the "real world." Sora only met Sam in the dream realm so whose to say Tron won't make a comeback? There are many Disney properties that can be included in "Unreality" or Quadratum that can connect them to each other.

okhi12

Awards
Still think the term "unreality" is incredibly stupid, and I feel dumber the more times I see it.
It honestly feels like they went out of their way to not use Fantasy.
Final Fantasy Versus XIII trailer: ''This is a fantasy based on reality''
KH Quadratum game: ''This is a fiction based on unreality''

None of this... makes sense to me.

Mexican Sora

Awards
I see Unreality in the same way that Lorule is the counterpart to Hyrule in the Zelda games. It's just the counterpart to Sora's reality. As far as Yozora being a videogame in Sora's reality; since they're counterparts you can assume that they have an effect on each other through it's denizens for example people living in Sora's reality probably have dreams of Unreality and vice versa.

Back