• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Quadratum is going to be the "Hub" world for KH4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Mexican Sora

Awards
I'm really curious to see how Square implements Sora traveling to "worlds" in KH4. If Quadratum is a reality where light and darkness do not exist, then the world itself wasn't splintered into different pieces like it was in Sora's reality. Which would make Gummi Ships pointless. I'm guessing it could be like KHUX where Daybreak Town acted as the "hub" world for the game and Sora travels to parts of the world by opening up a portal with his Keyblade? What do you guys think?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Aside from opening up portals Ballad of Caius brought up the possibility of trains. Quadratum could have a train station that makes travel to other worlds possible like the one used in Twilight Town

LoneFox

Awards
You are right, that's exactly how it will work. The worlds will be works of fiction in the city of Quadratum, or possibly in some cases within each other. We have seen it already in KH3 Toybox, where Yozora's world (Verum Rex) is a video game within that world. It makes sense when you remember that the KH3 version of Toybox is a copy made by the Organization, and assume the real one is part of the Quadratum universe. And travel between the worlds could be either by using portals, or the same way Winnie the Pooh book works in earlier games.

Quadratum is a reality where light and darkness do not exist
Note that this may not be true for all the worlds. Star Wars for sure has these concepts...

Chie

Awards
I kinda got the impression the Darkside was teleporting in from the other world.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
“A world where light and darkness don’t exist”

…then what’s the giant Darkside-looking thing?
I also thought it looked like an evolved Darkside. But I suppose it could be a new type of enemy specific to Quadratum that debuts in the introductory world the way Twilight Thorn simulates Darkside in 2, but as a Nobody version. Perhaps Quadratum's enemies are made of absence--a "lack of" in the space sense, where there's nothing as in a literal void of anything (different than the Nothing introduced in 2 that is an energy that exists between Light and Darkness). Haven't I read something on this forum before about Yozora and the gigas being similar to aliens or possibly being aliens invading or something like that as a theory? Perhaps the enemies come with the giga suit people or whatever they are, as space-esque void type enemies. The Darkside-esque thing does have a weird texture to it... It reminds me of the way Dark Balls would look in Halloween Town.

Anyway, about how we think Quadratum will work in the overall game.... My personal theory is the game begins with Sora in Quadratum in a Roxas-style prologue. Riku eventually gets him out (perhaps they come back out of Quadratum via Hades' pool of souls just before Donald & Goofy can get served by Hades, lol). Then the usual adventure through Disney worlds happens with Sora returning to Quadratum for the ending conflict. The main story between could be something like Sora having sort of a reaction caused by the events of Quadratum that takes a while to officially unravel. Either Yozora did something to him--making himself part of Sora or connecting Sora to him somehow--or simply it's a case of being affected by going to a place so fundamentally opposite (if Yozora is an AU version of him--the effect of two of the same person being in the same universe could cause a problem), regardless Sora would keep having moments where he feels weak, or has visions to Quadratum, or Yozora "takes over" him for moments when he's particularly out of it, something along those lines to add mystery and buildup throughout the world visits. And then he either goes back to Quadratum at the end to resolve the issue or he's jerked back there because of it.

Back