• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Qi, Also known as Chi

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinity's End

ars gratia artis
.Qi, also commonly spelled ch'i or ki , is a fundamental concept of traditional Chinese culture. Qi is believed to be part of every living thing that exists, as a kind of “life force” or “spiritual energy.”

Just a quick explanation for those who don't know what it is ^

Now, I read somewhere that it was scientifically proven that chi existed, and that they good measure it using certain devices. It is claimed that chi, is stronger than muscles and if you were to tap deep into your chi, you would literally be stronger.

Master George Xu, my T’ai Chi teacher, is always trying to get me to focus on my dantien, my center and to have my Chi then come from that place and move into my limbs to create movement. Why? Because Chi is stronger than muscles and movement that comes from Chi is more deeply powerful.

More powerful than muscles? In the West, muscles are almost akin to a god. We worship muscles and what they represent. Covers of magazines and TV commercials extol rock hard abs and buns of steel. What is stronger than rock and steel?

In T’ai Chi we quickly learn that muscles are no match for the power of Chi. In ChiRunning and ChiWalking, we see that the power of Chi takes you much further and faster than vulnerable muscles whose duration are very short lived.

Your dantian is the best home for your Chi and the best place for you to focus your energy so that you can come form a balanced, whole place in yourself. Your dantien is just below your navel and several inches in toward your spine. In ChiRunning and ChiWalking we encourage all movement, all action, all choices to come from this center, that deep place in yourself that is home to your greatest potential and power.

ChiRunning :: What is Chi?

So basically, do you believe chi exists? If so, do you ever plan on using it?

T

Tyler Durden

I would say that I believe in Chi more than I believe in an omnipresent being.

And yes, I plan on using chi as my energy.

Infinity's End

ars gratia artis
Well lately, I've been trying to feel around for my personal chi by sitting down, relaxing and feeling around for it infront of my chest for around 20 minutes every night.

Samber

Your Mom's Mom's Daughter
hmm, i have heard of this, and i do belive that there is some force within every living thing.

and i'm not sure if i plan on using mine.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
I've never really swayed one way or the other on this, seeing as I've never really bothered with finding out. My sister probably believes in it though. She's a massage therapist and has a few books on chi and chakras and such.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
What makes Chi so interesting is that the "techniques" often used to utilize Chi are based on human anatomy. It may or may not be some mystical forces, but you've got to admit that some of the techniques yield some effective results.

Q

Banned
What makes Chi so interesting is that the "techniques" often used to utilize Chi are based on human anatomy. It may or may not be some mystical forces, but you've got to admit that some of the techniques yield some effective results.

Truth. Pressure points can be a bitch.

I honestly know about it, but I doubt I will use mine. I believe in it more than I believe in an all-omnipotent being, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back