• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Punk's Not Dead!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
I haven't seen a thread on Punk before so I thought I'd make one. Let's have a discussion on your favorite Punk bands and why you enjoy it so much or how it has impacted your life etc. etc. Yes, ska is allowed also.

Some of my favorite Punk bands are:

• The Casualties
  • The Exploited
  • Subhumans
  • The Adicts
  • Misfits
  • Dead Kennedys
  • The Clash

Please, I beg you, don't talk about pop-punk bands or screamo-punk... basically anything that has ___-punk in it of this generation because let's face it, they are terrible and it's utter crap.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
Check out (band - album) Off! - First Four EP's, and X - Los Angeles.

Fantastic bands, and those albums are awesome. Off! is hardcore punk, X is more traditional, almost surfer-esque. Also, female vocals. Fork yarr.

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
Bowling for Soup are pop-punk and they don't suck >:/

Despite the fact that I listen to a shitton of metal, I listen to a very scarce amount of punk. The Offspring, Rise Against, The Clash, The Sex Pistols... yeah.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
Currently wearing Misfits shirt. Shit is so legit. Having said that though they're probably the punk-ist band I listen to a lot. Apart from them I have trouble getting into the whole anarchy notion that surrounds punk. Oh and seeing The Clash are on you're list as well I listen to them a bit. Though despite the image I have never seen the clash as a punk band. They're music is so much more ska than their image.

Macabre

Gold Member
Comeback Kid and Gallows are the only punk bands I listen to. They're hardcore punk to be exact.
Never really been too interested in this genre.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Used to listen to a lot of Gallows, went to one of their gigs and was pretty awesome.

Only punk band I really listen to now is Fucked Up. That normally gives me my punk fill.

rdyman

Right now I've really been listening to Propagandhi, Comeback Kid, Rise Against, Bad Religion, Flogging Molly, Bomb The Music Industry!, and Black Flag.
And if you listen to Rage Against The Machine, I listen to the hardcore punk band Zack De La Rocha used to be in. Their name was Inside Out.
If you haven't heard them, here's a sample
[video=youtube;oXRue_XQVrc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXRue_XQVrc[/video]

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
Ska punk is awesome. Black Flag is a band that I enjoy greatly. There isn't a song that I don't enjoy. Also Operation Ivy is pretty damn good too.

Infinite Complex

I'll be waiting....
fading into the background of history.....
I've heard a few of their songs, they're really good. Right now i'm working on getting the entire discography of The Mighty Mighty Bosstones. only ones i have left to get are "Jackknife to a swan" and "Pin Points and Gin Joints". Have to say, so far, they've never had a bad album. I would go as far as to say "Pay Attention" is better than "Let's Face It"...But that's my opinion. Some of the songs are really radio-friendly, surprisingly, hard to believe they aren't bigger than they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back